Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• Nashe

• YoungDreamer

• SomeGirl

2 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Who shot the album cover?

Edward Cooke

What was the point of releasing the edit of DTT last week and the full version this week

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

What was the point of releasing the edit of DTT last week and the full version this week

There was no point in the edit imo. There seemed to be a playlisting issue because the album version was added to some AM playlists instead. Not sure if it will get added back now or not tho. 

• Like 1

…The new album covers a vast musical terrain – from the cracked disco of Don’t Think Twice and the dark electro of You Only Love Me, to the uplifting gospel house of Praising You, the galloping country-inflected singalong Shape of Me, epic power ballad Look at Me Now and the acutely vulnerable pop of Girl in the Mirror – each track reflecting a different aspect of Ora’s life. 

…The couple married in a small ceremony in London in August last year. The morning after, Ora was back in the studio, with a raging hangover, writing the album’s standout title track. “I had a session booked with a producer, Cirkut, and I didn’t want to cancel,” she says. “I told him, ‘I’m a bit slow cos I got married yesterday.’ So we wrote a wedding song. I think the fact that my brain was a bit foggy actually worked in my favour. There was no judgment. I was in the moment.” 

The result is a slow-building anthem that nods to classic love songs, including Sweet Caroline, Wonderful World, Everlasting Love, Eternal Flame, Stand By Me and I Want to Dance with Somebody. “Basically,” says Ora, “it’s our wedding playlist.”

…Ora had for a while, perhaps unfairly, picked up a reputation for being a “party girl” – a label she is reluctant to see as an insult…

…One song on her new album, That Girl, addresses the concept head-on. “When I became a pop star, I was in my 20s, and living the dream,” says Ora. “Now I’m in my 30s and getting more mature but I don’t want people to think that girl’s dead. You know, she’s definitely more controlled. But I like to have fun; I’m still that girl. You just have to pick your moments.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SomeGirl said:

already thinking about a deluxe? i guess dreaming is free

On 7/7/2023 at 9:25 AM, BlackJesus said:

When the full version should be the only version that exists that intro and outro with the violins are gorgeous and the song is only 3:06 their really didn't need to be a "radio edit"

6 hours ago, SomeGirl said:

Who is asking for this? Literally no one Rita. Collaborate with Mabel, Ellie Goulding, Ella Henderson or your fellow Albanian pop sisters Era Istrefi, Dua Lipa, Bebe Rexha or Ava Max. Not ******* Keith Urban.

5 hours ago, kyliefever2002 said:

already thinking about a deluxe? i guess dreaming is free

Not a Blackpink stan coming for another artist that's actually able and allowed to release music 

On 3/29/2023 at 12:40 PM, Supervillain said:

No, it doesn't

She recorded a song with this sample but Waiting for You is a different song

What song did she record sampling Richard Marx Right Here Waiting

5 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Not a Blackpink stan coming for another artist that's actually able and allowed to release music 

"able and allowed to release music" and then her albums have a 5 year pause in between them :rofl: 

On 4/19/2023 at 10:01 AM, Supervillain said:

Rest of My Life is one of my favorite songs from the album sessions, glad she's releasing it.

We're getting the deluxe next week as well or ???

On 7/5/2023 at 8:37 PM, despy said:

hope the album is good tho :bird:

It is according to multiple insiders 

14 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

"able and allowed to release music" and then her albums have a 5 year pause in between them :rofl: 

Are you dense Roc Nation wasn't allowing her to release an album. After Phoenix she dropped multiple singles and collaborations then an EP. Worry about Jennie being in the YG dungeon 

20 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Are you dense Roc Nation wasn't allowing her to release an album. After Phoenix she dropped multiple singles and collaborations then an EP. Worry about Jennie being in the YG dungeon 

so what youre saying is... she wasnt able and allowed to release music? :rofl:

10 hours ago, kyliefever2002 said:

so what youre saying is... she wasnt able and allowed to release music? :rofl:

She was being blocked from releasing ALBUMS but has ALWAYS put out music :coffee2: blinks can't relate. Ya grasping onto the teaser of an announcement of something coming soon maybe in the future hopefully 

As a Rita fan I'm sad that that the album is being released in a few days and I'm just... not hyped for it at all. I really liked Praising You and the other two tracks were okay, unfortunately they just haven't clicked in the same way Phoenix's release was, no matter how drawn out it was. Hopefully that all changes on Friday

I'm very hyped. The fact i haven't heard anything aside from singles or else makes me so excited

During Phoenix she released multiple singles and also performed some songs live... now there's 11 completely brand new tracks i'll hear for the 1st time all at once :duca:

17 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

As a Rita fan I'm sad that that the album is being released in a few days and I'm just... not hyped for it at all. I really liked Praising You and the other two tracks were okay, unfortunately they just haven't clicked in the same way Phoenix's release was, no matter how drawn out it was. Hopefully that all changes on Friday

I say give it and Rita a chance. She seems really passionate about this body of work and early reviews are in her favor. Besides we got more music and apparently another album to look forward to next year so let's keep supporting our girl ok 🤗

9 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I'm very hyped. The fact i haven't heard anything aside from singles or else makes me so excited

During Phoenix she released multiple singles and also performed some songs live... now there's 11 completely brand new tracks i'll hear for the 1st time all at once :duca:

Same and a possible deluxe? If theirs one thing we can count on Rita to do is put in that work!!

On 7/7/2023 at 9:15 PM, SomeGirl said:

epic power ballad Look at Me Now

ahhhh f-ing FINALLY!!!! Come on VOCALSSS

The prize is a styling session with FIRO

Edited by Nefertiti0

RETROPOP review 4/5 www.retropopmagazine.com/rita-ora-you-and-i-album-review/
From all out dance-pop bangers to smooth mid tempo R&B-inspired numbers and stripped-back powerful ballads, it’s without question the most ambitious album of her career, and while each track is a sure fire hit her personality shines through and there’s an innate sense of authenticity and a pure charisma that validates the message she sings. 

No hit singles, no hype… hopefully there’s the audience to talk about it after the album release:alexz:

12 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

RETROPOP review 4/5 www.retropopmagazine.com/rita-ora-you-and-i-album-review/
From all out dance-pop bangers to smooth mid tempo R&B-inspired numbers and stripped-back powerful ballads, it’s without question the most ambitious album of her career, and while each track is a sure fire hit her personality shines through and there’s an innate sense of authenticity and a pure charisma that validates the message she sings. 

Good 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.