• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• Nashe

• YoungDreamer

• SomeGirl

An album? For whom? Her career has always given money laundering teas. Where is that poster that insinuated her family had made money trafficking artwork during the Kosovo war and that there were Albanian gangsters in her family?

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

An album? For whom? Her career has always given money laundering teas. Where is that poster that insinuated her family had made money trafficking artwork during the Kosovo war and that there were Albanian gangsters in her family?

An album for me and other Rita fans !

We know it's going to bomb horribly but who cares i'm here for the generic bops

ava-max-ava.gif

Are we getting 2 deluxe editions then? As there’s already a deluxe on her store that comes with 2 bonus tracks. 

Damn ! It's hard to say because I loved "Phoenix" so much in 2018-2019 but "You & I" is the most boring pop album of the year so far ! 

The 3 opening tracks (the singles) are the only thing i loved , the rest is just meh not bad but sleepy af :chick2: 

My review 

https://the-melting-pop.blogspot.com/2023/07/critique-rita-ora-chante-son-bonheur.html

Stopped the first listen on track 6. It didnt grab my attention at all. Need to re-listen again later cause I love her. But something seems to be missing, IDK

Edited by iamluisfelipe

On track 7 now and loving it so far. But yeah it doesn’t come close to Phoenix at all

Bad songs:

Waiting For You is the most generic piece of pop music ever recorded and there is no way she can pretend this is a personal song for any reason.

Look At Me Now is a complete piece of trash we know Rita can sing but there's these empty lyrics filled with belting with no melodies at all. 

Good songs from the unheard tracks: 

Girl in the Mirror seems relatable, catchy and the production is crystal clear. 

Shape of Me is very different from her and a solid single choice. Curious to hear Keith remix and what he brought to the table bc the solo song is already perfect imo. 

That Girl sample usage is good and the song is catchy af. Deserved a rap feature tho. Is Missy available?

You & I is a great ballad moment from her (finally)

It is a solid record but it doesn't have the same highs that Phoenix had. 

Just finished my first listen and yes, it’s a decent pop album but most of it sounds like harmless Target bonus tracks. You know, the ones you feel like “oh this sounds cute” but there’s nothing groundbreaking about it and sounds cheap next to other tracks. It’s very forgettable too bc I already forgot how half of it sounds like :deadbanana4:

Girl in the Mirror was my fav and I expected more country from Shape of Me. I think I’ll need a few more listens but overall it sounds… cute. But cheap.

I pre-ordered the deluxe and I don’t regret bc there’s a lot of material (bonus tracks, 52 page zine) and I think it was cute. It was worth it

Edited by Lady Claire

Very disappointing album.

It is a cute pop album that’s it. :gaycat7:We want bops but half of the tracks are power ballads I don’t even bother to listen twice. She might get one shot with Waiting for You, it got a nice generic summer vibe.

That Girl is a nice surprise. :gayorkcat2:

This is her best album to date :michael:

2 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

it sounds like harmless Target bonus tracks. You know, the ones you feel like “oh this sounds cute” but there’s nothing groundbreaking about it and sounds cheap next to other tracks. 

Katy Perry High On Your Supply Teas

4 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Be serious...

nQKrtqXC.gif

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d71h7siw5ypeztx8geg6

ORA and Phoenix were just a mush-mash of what was hot at the time with added filler. 

This sounds more cohesive and focused as a body of work :bird:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.