• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChapelHooker

• genetic fail

• Sweetestsecret

• brokee

Is there like jump scares in this? I was thinking of seeing this tonight but idk if I want to deal with the loud noises making me startled :rip:

36 minutes ago, ALA said:

Is there like jump scares in this? I was thinking of seeing this tonight but idk if I want to deal with the loud noises making me startled :rip:

There are a few jumpscares but it’s not like the generic loud ones.

21 hours ago, ALA said:

Quite a few loud noises throughout and some jump scares, and scary scenes. I’d still recommend it though. 

Ehh.. it was okay I guess

The scene of Riley being tortured was horrifying to watch because I felt bad for him. His screaming continuing out in the next scene too omg. I hope it wasn’t real and it was just the spirits playing with her mind

:weeps: 

• Thanks 1

What y’all mean it was okay?? Me and my man going to see this today (alongside Barbie cuz he gay). As a horror fan, is it actually scary?

9 minutes ago, Keter said:

What y’all mean it was okay?? Me and my man going to see this today (alongside Barbie cuz he gay). As a horror fan, is it actually scary?

Not scary at all tbh. One scene was horrifying because you feel for the character but that’s it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cheers said:

Not scary at all tbh. One scene was horrifying because you feel for the character but that’s it.

Aww man :redface: I guess I’ll just go anyway. Thank you!! 

3 hours ago, Keter said:

"Scary" is subjective. I personally found it scary and unnerving but I guess you have to see for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just came home from watching this and... it was boring?

I just know it's gonna be overrated to the high heavens ala hereditary

• Like 2

On 7/29/2023 at 1:37 AM, Keter said:

Aww man :redface: I guess I’ll just go anyway. Thank you!! 

Waiting for your review :giraffe:

• Like 1

I personally thought this was genuinely scary and had me stressed plenty of times in the theater. I didn't love the ending but overall this was excellent and any horror fan should at least check it out 

• Like 1

It was a great movie. Knocks Evil Dead Rise from the top my my best horror movie of the year 

• Confused 2

This and Scream VI were the only horror movies I've enjoyed this year so far tbh

5 hours ago, JungleJuice said:

Waiting for your review :giraffe:

I enjoyed it! The story was intriguing, if not edge of your seat horror. I do agree you end up feeling bad for the one character. There weren’t a lot of jump scares, but i thought it was very good :celestial5:

On 7/27/2023 at 5:28 AM, genetic fail said:

That scene though!

Which was? 

V5ANXAI.gif

Edited by Reverse Warholian

2 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Which was? 

V5ANXAI.gif

Spoiler

Riley becoming possessed, poking his eye out and other shenanigans

this was sad as ****, grisly, relentless, terrifying, haunting, darkly funny at times… just everything clicked and took me on a ride i won’t forget anytime soon. i feel awful after watching it.

• Like 4

Just came back from seeing this and I really liked it! I wasn't necessarily scared (though I'm also pretty ice-cold about these things, usually), but certain scenes were pretty intense! I could hear the kid in the next seat over from me breathing hard during these scenes like they were stressing him out.

22 hours ago, Keter said:

I do agree you end up feeling bad for the one character.

Spoiler

I think Riley's fate is the one thing that really scared me. Not in a standard horror way, but more of "oh god, I really don't want this nice kid to die". Especially at the hands of Mia. That said, there's the scene at the end where spirit-Mia is walking through the hospital and they show Riley in his room sitting up and talking to people, so I think he does get better in the end. Which is nice :)

• Like 1

Just got back from it. I really loved this which is odd to say because it’s f**ked up but I loved it 🤣. Not really a jump scare movie at all, just terrifying imagery, gruesome scenes and just a really eerie and uneasy feeling. 

Great horror movie 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Yes and I love that they turned a couple tropes on their head. That contact with her mom was convincing up to a point and I think the intention was to have us be misled right alongside her. The evil spirits knew she was vulnerable due to her grief as soon as she kept Riley over the time. 

I think it was trying to test them to see who was weakest, like when the one guy told Jade (?) that she made him soft and then made eye contact with Mia.

Mia really is a tragic character and the movie really hit the confusion and suffering of grief and uncertainty. Even in the ending as you see her in that limbo-type space, all the lights shutting off, everyone else getting their happy ending as her options get swallowed up one by one. 

soon as i saw the faint light, I said oh they bout to call her to the damn hand now 😂 

I really enjoyed it!

@onapearl my bad, I meant to quote you in my reply. 

Edited by Keter
  • Like 1

I can't stop thinking about Sophia Wilde's performance 

I’m looking forward to seeing it based on some of the comments in here and the overall reception — but I know to keep my expectations in check after how overhyped movies like X and Pearl were last year :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.