Is social media toxic?

Revolution

Is it?

I have started cooking and drawing and writing poems and reading recently and I think maybe some points have been made about too much screen time. 

We should learn to love and fondle details in the world around us instead of scrolling through quick little social media posts. :biblio: 

Is water wet? 

It depends. If it inspires you and you discover new things (music etc) then no. If it does nothing but cause you distraction and being triggered then nope. I use it only for music and design. That’s kind of it.

Social media itself is a neutral thing. It's only made toxic because humans dump toxic energy and thoughts into it.

My BF and I almost broke up because the sound of him scrolling on TikTok in bed was a massive no. He now goes to the bathroom and sits on the toilet for 10 mins at a time to scroll. Now I started because friends would send me TikTok links and it is just trash but addictive. Also IG is so toxic if you follow the wrong crowd.

11 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Social media itself is a neutral thing. It's only made toxic because humans dump toxic energy and thoughts into it.

Mark Zuckerberg and the algorithm will disagree. Social media is anything but neutral. The creates sell your information and made the algorithm to boost certain posts, all to make themselves more money.

Yes 

I've been more bullied on social media then I ever was back in high school. :biblio:

Toxic and completely useless 

ive literally never heard anyone say “oh I wish I had spent more time scrolling through Instagram today”

Absolutely.

Is Kylie Minogue the owner of one of the best pop discographies out there?

11 hours ago, TiaTamera said:

Mark Zuckerberg and the algorithm will disagree. Social media is anything but neutral. The creates sell your information and made the algorithm to boost certain posts, all to make themselves more money.

Social media also includes forums, though. It's not the idea of sharing information that is the problem. It's that it's used as a weapon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.