Most of Beyoncé’s peers failed at matching her success, why?

Solaria

25 years into her career, Beyoncé has a solo hit with no promo, no performances, no music video, etc. Her biggest hit since Halo. Why do her peers fail to have this kind of longevity? Britney, Xtina, J-LO, P!nk, Alicia, Kelly and Avril all failed to have a recent hit as big as Cuff It.

Shakira is the only rivaling Beyoncé’s numbers but her tour numbers are much lower than Bey and she hasn’t done it solo in quite some time.

What went right for Beyoncè? Discuss.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonver

• bijonse

• QueenBeyoncé

• Bobyonce

Talent always wins. 

P!nk, Kelly and Britney could definitely get a hit though if the right song comes along 

• Like 1

Star power? Beyoncé build that.... she is beyond talented and an amazing performer! she has worked hard to be on this position now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP being messy, shocker.

1495349718_duasmilinggif3(1).thumb.gif.a

But Cuff Hit will be her longest running song; & the fact without a performance or visual is just.. :jonny6:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Talent always wins. 

P!nk, Kelly and Britney could definitely get a hit though if the right song comes along 

Not possible. They’re all on RCA and RCA doesn’t do Spotify payola. They’ll have to leave their label and go to one that partakes in those shenanigans if they want a big hit.

4 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

OP being messy, shocker.

Not really, people have been testing Beyoncé on here lately and I want to remind them how insanely succesful she is

spacer.png

Beyonce is the most talented artist to ever be born

Because Beyoncé is immensely talented and has an amazing work ethic (though the absence of visuals for Renaissance makes me want to rethink that). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Klein said:

Because Beyoncé is immensely talented and has an amazing work ethic (though the absence of visuals for Renaissance makes me want to rethink that). 

:lmao: 

To be fair, since Halo, Beyonce has had fewer hits than Xtina, Britney, Pink, or J Lo (if we're talking hits here, now is her time to catch up).

OP is so messy. Just lovingly working to get Bey dragged.😂 

The girls had their career, declining after 20 years is normal. The Beyoncés and Shakiras of the world don’t make the other girls’ career less impressive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xder said:

To be fair, since Halo, Beyonce has had fewer hits than Xtina, Britney, Pink, or J Lo (if we're talking hits here, now is her time to catch up).

Drunk in Love, Love on Top, Flawless, Partition, Savage, Perfect remix are all hits after Halo. Xtina, Britney, P!nk and J-Lo’s hits in that period are far less

2 minutes ago, BnPac said:

OP is so messy. Just lovingly working to get Bey dragged.😂 

The girls had their career, declining after 20 years is normal. The Beyoncés and Shakiras of the world don’t make the other girls’ career less impressive. 

Not here to drag Beyoncé at all she’s one of my all time faves. I saw the **** she been getting lately on ATRL and made a topic to remind everyone of her success.

Beyoncè is the one with the broadest appealing artistry  between them. 

Alicia Keys is s talented as beyoncè as singer (and of course a better songwriter and musician even if bey has a better discography) but she doesn't have in her the ability to reinvent herself for 20 years.

You should understand it's ok to be artists with big ambitions after 20 years (rolling stones are there after 50 years cause they have them) and it's ok to want a different kind of career at some point after you already have made your thing and left your sign in your genre of music as Alicia has made for r'n'b and pop soul music.

Christina is a phenomenal singer, at some point she sould just release a different kind of music but she tried for too much time to be a certain kind of mainstream popstar and in that she was just uninteresting for most people (and in comparison with her era biggest pop names)...a celine dion- adele kind of career would have been the best thing for her. Now seems like she missed the gp attention for both.

Britney, J-LO, Kelly and Avril are good in their specific thing but they don't have the artistry to reinvent herself too much even if Kelly kinda make it with success with christmas or country (more older people) oriented music. 

Edited by vale9001

11 minutes ago, Xder said:

Beyoncé has more hits than all of them be fr and she’s collecting more hits which can’t be said about the others.. 

spacer.png

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

Not here to drag Beyoncé at all she’s one of my all time faves. I saw the **** she been getting lately on ATRL and made a topic to remind everyone of her success.

I know the bold that’s why I put lovingly and highlighted it in italics. 
But this thread will get insecurities high up and she’s either going to be dragged here or they’ll wait for the next opportunity. Then again it’s the circle of ... Atrl. 

Just now, PrettyHurts said:

false :bibliahh:

not for me... maybe she is even better. Beyoncè is a great singer and it's interesting how she's so much a good singer and also a spectacular dancer and performer..but vocal skills as pure singer are a little bit overrated. Alicia is a pure singer.

• Confused 1

With those mediocre streams? OUT of the top 100 of Spotify despite being in the top 15 of TTH? 

but hey, it's doing well on the irrelevant streaming service Apple Music that nobody uses  :jonnycat:

you tried :sorry:

When the tour starts in 6 weeks at it remains charting for the rest of the summer...

Anyway answer is Talent, Vision, Motivation & Grounding 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.