Sam Smith to perform in Isreal

SmittenCake

13 hours ago, Jjang said:

She even visited one month after Israel’s biggest genocide on Gaza had happened and had the AUDACITY to tweet from her hotel that “the media lies about Israel” to earn last minute ticket sales cause her show was massively flopping there. 

Wow she’s revolting :rip:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• Yog

• SmittenCake

• Richmond

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

But it must be safe for Sam in Palestine.

I mean, sure, about as safe as a queer person can be in either Israel or Palestine:

BN-JQ563_0730is_M_20150730171353.jpg

635738876047992074-AFP-542990632.jpg?wid

150730-jerusalem-stabbing-1624.jpg

13 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

Maybe if Isreals neighboring countries weren't toppled and destroyed by the USA, lgbt life would be great for people within these countries. Could be a different story if Isreal wasn't fully funded by America. 

Brunei is a highly stable, affluent Muslim sultanate and it’s the most homophobic country in the world. Homophobia is inherent in these societies’ culture, and not a result of Western intervention.

12 hours ago, Jjang said:

they might choke if they read about pre-colonial Islamic Golden Age

Islam has been on a regressive downward spiral since the Mongols conquered it, that’s 3 centuries before Western imperialism.

What a mess of a thread

14 hours ago, Yog said:

Sam isn’t the only one performing, Robbie Willaim & Calum Scott are performing as well, where’s this energy for them

The selective outrage is :biblio:

I mean no one is checking for the others 

Just now, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

I mean no one is checking for the others 

Robbie Williams is an global legend, USA excluded and Calum is an non factor unfortunately but I agree 

We stan :clap3:

Israel is a beautiful country with amazing history. Glad to see them finally getting flowers after all the things they’ve been through :clap3:

The way people here think they can control every single thing an artist does. :deadbanana2:An artist can perform wherever they want to. :ace: 

JustLikeHoney
1 hour ago, Communion said:

I mean, sure, about as safe as a queer person can be in either Israel or Palestine:

Mmmm. So the evil person who tries to kill gays with a knife at a Gay Pride celebration was apprehended by Israeli police. 

Is that what will happen in Palestine? Circling back does Palestine have a gay pride celebration or parade? 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

Some of y'all are sick and self centered.

Sam Smith is a clown, but what else is new? Shame on the other two performing in an apartheid state. Sick. 

Are we surprised? This idiot is an attention seeking loser, constantly harping on about being discriminated against yet performs for a genocidal state. How does that even compute in one's head? Clearly can't see past their own assh0le.

16 hours ago, Jjang said:

Yes lol 

Hope you and your loved ones continue to be safe :heart:

9 hours ago, Dad said:

It's a country in the middle east that was invaded by zionist jews from all over the world, who use guns and camps to keep the native population living under a military regime. Only in the mind of a zionist could a white person from russia claim that a country in the middle east is their native land. 

Are we surprised by zionists ? 

Their time will come, it's just a matter of time ,dont worry :coffee2:

4 hours ago, Samsara said:

Brunei is a highly stable, affluent Muslim sultanate and it’s the most homophobic country in the world. Homophobia is inherent in these societies’ culture, and not a result of Western intervention.

Omg... Open a map

3 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

We stan :clap3:

Israel is a beautiful country with amazing history. Glad to see them finally getting flowers after all the things they’ve been through :clap3:

:bibliahh:

OT: they are trash and I'm ready to stop supporting them if this happens.

12 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

Are people here trying to justify human ethic cleansing because one country pinkwashes better than other.. there is LGBT Palestinians and they deserve a country to live in. 

Yeah they usually come to live in Israel and leave their Palestine town like my Palestinian gay friend who moved to Tlv only to be kidnapped and burned alive by acquaintances from his hometown for being gay, we went to a gay party together close by to where we worked and a month later he was dead

7 hours ago, rihannafan said:

Do you think the people living there appeared out of nowhere?

If that's what you call generations being born then yeah, but if you mean the first settlers most of those were holocaust survivors or their offsprings who did not feel safe wherever they were in the 40s :rip:

6 hours ago, Communion said:

Just wanted to say you're rly gross for posting these, lived in Jerusalem till 18 and my friend Shira died this day, here you are using this as some point? as if almost all Israelis who aren't haridi don't ******* hate them? most of them are extremists who don't work and live off our taxes and live in the stone age

I still have the text from her telling me to join them in the parade but I just stayed home that day

Edited by HungryByTheBuffet
spelling x

So all of your favs can perform in the human rights violation capital of the world Dubai and it’s fine but someone performs in Israel and they’re evil?

ATRL double standards will never let up

It seems that Sam Smith can be politically active when they called for the BRIT Awards to go gender-neutral (which incidentally resulted in less women nominated for the 2023 awards), but when it comes to receiving a big paycheck for performing in Israel, they are blind to human rights issues.

23 hours ago, Dephira said:

You mean like every musical artist in existence? 

Every musical artist? You mean like Taylor Swift, Adele, Ed Sheeran. Did they perform in Israel, maybe I didn't hear about those tours?

Did Dua Lipa perform in Israel, Billie Eilish?

I'm struggling to think of someone who's relevant today that performed there in the last 5-10 years.

Perhaps there are one or two that I forgot about, but a long way short of every musical artist in existence.

2 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

So all of your favs can perform in the human rights violation capital of the world Dubai and it’s fine but someone performs in Israel and they’re evil?

ATRL double standards will never let up

Those people can also receive criticism for their performances there. Pop singers are not like Formula One drivers who are contracted to drive in a series and can't pick and choose the places they perform.

23 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Wait I think i'm gonna in town that month, lemme get tickets :jonny6:

Thank for the info OP!

Who you tryna fool with your broke ass? :rip:

3 hours ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

Yeah they usually come to live in Israel and leave their Palestine town like my Palestinian gay friend who moved to Tlv only to be kidnapped and burned alive by acquaintances from his hometown for being gay, we went to a gay party together close by to where we worked and a month later he was dead

If that's what you call generations being born then yeah, but if you mean the first settlers most of those were holocaust survivors or their offsprings who did not feel safe wherever they were in the 40s :rip:

Just wanted to say you're rly gross for posting these, lived in Jerusalem till 18 and my friend Shira died this day, here you are using this as some point? as if almost all Israelis who aren't haridi don't ******* hate them? most of them are extremists who don't work and live off our taxes and live in the stone age

I still have the text from her telling me to join them in the parade but I just stayed home that day

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and for @Communion cherry-picking tragedies to fuel their own hatred.

Edited by N.M.K.

2 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

It seems that Sam Smith can be politically active when they called for the BRIT Awards to go gender-neutral (which incidentally resulted in less women nominated for the 2023 awards), but when it comes to receiving a big paycheck for performing in Israel, they are blind to human rights issues.

I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, Israel is absolutely responsible for human rights abuses and apartheid, but then the US is also responsible for war crimes and both domestic and international human rights abuses (not to mention providing substantial amounts of money and weapons to Israel itself), yet nobody ever expects artists not to perform in the US. At most, some artists will opt not to perform in select states, but even then that’s hardly the expectation.

In Israel, the majority of its people have now lived there their whole lives and have done nothing to support the ongoing displacement of Palestinians or the apartheid. It just doesn’t really seem like much is accomplished by not performing there.

Edited by Sazare

On 3/14/2023 at 2:34 PM, Nano said:

:rip:

No, they don't. They throw gay men off rooftops.

Gay Palestians have to deal with getting their life in risk on one side for being Palestinian on the other side for being gay. Not to mention other issues.

Most of the world is homophobic we don't go around bombing strangers for that.

Edited by Aristotle

these try hards are insufferable.

is israel the state bad? yes.

should israeli fans of popstars suffer because of their government? no.

unless the government is sponsoring this performance, there is no issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.