Donatella: “Jolie’s Oscar leg dress had viral impact!”

nostalgia

During an interview with WSJ. Magazinepublished Thursday, the designer reflected on the viral impact of the Oscar winner flashing her leg in a black Atelier Versace gown at the 84th Academy Awards.

When asked what style moments have stood out to her throughout the years, Versace, 67, replied: "Angelina [Jolie] with a black ball gown when she pulled her leg out [on the Oscars red carpet]. The leg went viral, the image went everywhere."

By the end of the awards show, the show-stopping moment had gone viral — a Twitter handle called @AngiesRightLeg gained over 14,000 followers in one day, boasting anonymously pinned posts like, "Look at meeee!!" and "You have to admit I'm one hell of a leg."

In 2019, Jolie played coy about the now iconic Oscars fashion moment, speaking to Extra at the premiere of her film Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.

"There's a whole longer story behind that," she told the outlet of her black gown. "I had a more complicated dress and I wore the more comfortable dress, which was that one, and I think I was just so comfortable that…"

donatella-versace-angelina-jolie-oscars-
angelina-jolie-oscars-legs.jpg

https://people.com/style/donatella-versace-reflects-on-viral-impact-of-angelina-jolie-2012-oscars-dress/

MadonnasBoyfriend

It was really weird how she kept showing off her leg like she just bought it and was proud of it. Of course that oddness made it go viral

yeah it was everywhere. even made the evening news in my country :dies:

GLOBAL legend tingz, i'm afraid :clap3:

Yeah, it's just the way she was posing vs the dress itself 

:clap3:

This is the only thing people remember about the Oscars other than Will Smith not smacking Chris Rock hard enough.

Iconic

Tbf Angeline looked GORGEOUS in it. Like her beauty is accentuated with the black dress and red lipstick. Plus that hair >>>> :clap3:

Gays won

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.