Kim Petras & Nicki Minaj - “Alone”

Lady Claire
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

11 hours ago, Archetype said:

There are a lot of reaction videos for this too (idk why but good for her) :clap3:

I know this sort of flopped on streaming so far, but I'm hoping radio saves it bc it seems like normal people are reacting really well to the song once they actually hear it. 

The song is actually continuing to climb on YT charts although I think part of it is due to paid advertising.

33 +18 1,397,643

It’s doing bad on streaming but it’s climbing quick on Pop radio. If she plays her cards right, there’s a chance this could take off like Big Energy. The remix is what is needed. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

welp :rip: what are the odds it renters with radio and the sped up/slow versions?

5 hours ago, nooniebao said:

Out of the Hot 100 this week:

congratulations nicki minaj

Anyways… 

let’s move on to the next release

Fighting on Youtube

24 minutes ago, espeon said:

Fighting on Youtube

doing surprisingly well. they should buy youtube ad slots for the whole song if they havent already. thats how the blow it all visualizer got to almost 5 million

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

her album is the most cohesive thing she's ever done but every song is its own thing
"I'm keeping the title under wraps because I have a really cool thing where I'm announcing it"
collab with Banks is "dark hot song"
"I really lucky with my team and my family at Republic that really believe in me and push me especially with this major label album. I really legit feel like I did the thing and this is how you do major label album. I've always wanted to know what that looks like. I wrote all of it which is the most exciting thing and sometimes they tell me I'm too prolific and they're like 'It's hard, you send so many songs and I haven't had time to listen to all of them.' and I'm like 'Come on they're three minutes.'"

she will do unreleased stuff at The Governors Ball

I can’t believe her team didn’t have remixes ready :rip: :rip: like ???…. Every time they reveal how stupid they are

it seems like at the very least she has the green light to release the album regardless of if her singles bomb or not thankfully… there’s no way they’d let her still go through with all this promo if they were gonna ax/delay anything else 

i’m skeptical of her calling it her most cohesive body of work. era1, clarity, totl and even the 0/10 **** pop were all extremely cohesive and it contributes greatly to her star quality. so far nothing released from this sounds like it should be on the same project

problematique was also super sonically connected. heck even the three candy leaks sound like they belong together. idk

1 hour ago, oshyms said:

i’m skeptical of her calling it her most cohesive body of work. era1, clarity, totl and even the 0/10 **** pop were all extremely cohesive and it contributes greatly to her star quality. so far nothing released from this sounds like it should be on the same project

problematique was also super sonically connected. heck even the three candy leaks sound like they belong together. idk

And she even said that the album is all over the place sonically so…

Despite all songs being different sonically, they find similarity in being extremely lackluster, making the album cohesive — and her worst project to date. Go girl, give us nothing! :ducky:

11 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

her album is the most cohesive thing she's ever done but every song is its own thing
"I'm keeping the title under wraps because I have a really cool thing where I'm announcing it"
collab with Banks is "dark hot song"
"I really lucky with my team and my family at Republic that really believe in me and push me especially with this major label album. I really legit feel like I did the thing and this is how you do major label album. I've always wanted to know what that looks like. I wrote all of it which is the most exciting thing and sometimes they tell me I'm too prolific and they're like 'It's hard, you send so many songs and I haven't had time to listen to all of them.' and I'm like 'Come on they're three minutes.'"

she will do unreleased stuff at The Governors Ball

The unreleased stuff being Hit It From The Back and Revelations probably :bibliahh:

17 hours ago, Enigmanotta said:

Despite all songs being different sonically, they find similarity in being extremely lackluster, making the album cohesive — and her worst project to date. Go girl, give us nothing! :ducky:

Every single comment you make about Kim is incredibly negative. Are you even a fan? 

How is this not still charting :doc:

5 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Honestly makes no sense. Music video has been doing 1M+ average views a day since its release a week ago. Solid pop radio adds. Streaming isn't amazing but it's not terrible (15.8M Spotify.) There's no way it couldn't chart last week. Make it make sense :deadbanana2:

7 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Honestly I’m still shocked at how quickly the hype for the song disappeared among the gheys. I thought they would at least keep this song somewhat afloat but nah. And in all honesty this is her fault. The way she teased it, everyone thought we were getting a europop banger à la I’m Good (Blue) with a Whip It Nicki Minaj feature. It might even be too late for a remix now tbh

7 hours ago, Alfred said:

Every single comment you make about Kim is incredibly negative. Are you even a fan? 

Being a fan doesn't mean blindly enjoying and supporting everything she makes. Maybe if the majority of the songs were decent and qualitative, I could be more positive (because I actually was when the material deserved it), but they're not. This album does not show an ounce of artistic growth. It has no clear direction or concept. Whichever way she chooses to describe it won't change that fact.

In the UK it's still #33 on Apple Music, #46 on Shazam and top 200 on iTunes. Her team needs to promote there and release a physical single, much like Zara did for Can't Tame Her in order to chart. And obviously, the dance remix. If it doesn't happen in the US, it has a chance in the UK as they seem more welcoming to the song...

I don't think much will be happening until late June when she announces the album and releases the new single though.

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

Honestly makes no sense. Music video has been doing 1M+ average views a day since its release a week ago. Solid pop radio adds. Streaming isn't amazing but it's not terrible (15.8M Spotify.) There's no way it couldn't chart last week. Make it make sense :deadbanana2:

Unfortunately, streams aren’t coming from the USA (it’s not even on Top 200 Spotify globally or in the USA). Radio is the only platform carrying the song currently. As for the MV, I suspect the views came from advertising. The MV only got 400k views yesterday and plummeted down the YouTube charts

On 5/10/2023 at 3:05 AM, Enigmanotta said:

Not when Castle in The Sky, Claws, Revelations and HIFTB are on the album :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.