Kim Petras & Nicki Minaj - “Alone”

Lady Claire
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

23 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

I do not think Nicki was actually in set, their scenes together were not filmed in that built set. It feels edited in whenever they’re on together. 

It’s a cute video tho! I liked those sets and color changes, she looks gorgeous in it.

I wouldn’t expect this announcement in somewhere epic anymore considering the whole writers strike thing, can’t think of many show slots she could do it. Unless she waits for her performance in the big brazilian festival she’s lined up. 

Are you joking? Nicki’s literally touching Kim in the video. They were on set together :deadbanana2:Ppl on this site are dim

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

she said video is inspired by classic dance videos: Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria, DJ Eric Prydz - Call On Me, Princess Superstar - Perfect 

negative given

Material Girl

21 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Are you joking? Nicki’s literally touching Kim in the video. They were on set together :deadbanana2:Ppl on this site are dim

I didn’t say they were not both together, I said it looks like they weren’t shooting on the first built set Kim was doing the choreo. You can notice the difference by looking at the floor. They were together just not on the built set

I like the video, I just think the all black outfit wasnt needed. It felt cuter if the video was the fun band look, the ball, the beach, and the nurse fit.

Is a remix coming? What’s nicki tweeting about

finally kim uploaded a video in 4k tho. thank you

Kim looks so cute in the video :gaycat4:

I actually really enjoyed the video. Not the ‘ride it, ride it’ part going from being my least to most favourite part. Her tatas bouncing up and down there was a little bit of a slay tbh.

Also loved the references to the early 00s dance videos.

This absolute underrated bop and my gay awakening. The guys in this, whew!

8 hours ago, Polgg48 said:

she said video is inspired by classic dance videos: Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria, DJ Eric Prydz - Call On Me, Princess Superstar - Perfect 

so why couldn’t she be inspired by the songs too? :dancehall2:

5 hours ago, Whis said:

Now I’m perched… 

Video was very mid. If Kim just stuck to the original structure of the song and released a video as colorful/playful as Anaconda or Rain on Me, this would’ve at least been a cult hit/classic.  

Kim is not a dancer, and that’s fine, but it shows in the video where she’s just standing around at several moments. Also, I don’t like videos like Smile and this one where it takes place in a game or on a TV. It takes the viewer out of what could otherwise be a fun video. 

The ultra-Kim stans are going to praise everything she does, and that’s fine. But if we want Kim to succeed, she either needs to drop the label or listen to what her fans want. I know Problematique was out of her hands, but you’re telling me her and Dr. Luke were forced to give us a trap-infused 2023 track with a euro pop chorus or that mid-ass video? Or that Kim was forced to release IJWAR and Brrr? Come on now. 

10 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

I didn’t say they were not both together, I said it looks like they weren’t shooting on the first built set Kim was doing the choreo. You can notice the difference by looking at the floor. They were together just not on the built set

I can see what you're saying

As a gay... lol. I struggle because I want to support Kim, especially since I largely like her music, and have even seen her on her last tour... But her personality... and the constant over the top gestures (like giving the clarinet a hand job in the music video)... it's just so unnecessary and corny.

Everything she does seems like a parody? And I can't ever tell if that's her artistry, marketing, or just who she is as a person? I almost enjoy her music more when I remove the visuals or her as the artist.

Edited by XXI.

41 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

Video was very mid. If Kim just stuck to the original structure of the song and released a video as colorful/playful as Anaconda or Rain on Me, this would’ve at least been a cult hit/classic.  

Kim is not a dancer, and that’s fine, but it shows in the video where she’s just standing around at several moments. Also, I don’t like videos like Smile and this one where it takes place in a game or on a TV. It takes the viewer out of what could otherwise be a fun video. 

The ultra-Kim stans are going to praise everything she does, and that’s fine. But if we want Kim to succeed, she either needs to drop the label or listen to what her fans want. I know Problematique was out of her hands, but you’re telling me her and Dr. Luke were forced to give us a trap-infused 2023 track with a euro pop chorus or that mid-ass video? Or that Kim was forced to release IJWAR and Brrr? Come on now. 

She said herself that the label pushes her to try different things. IJWAR and brrr were most likely the label's choices :rip:

nicki was serving in the video but kim… :rip: trying way too hard to serve sex but it’s coming across cheap and classless

She needs to work on her video presence cause her lip-sync and overall confidence is not it....

Hopefully she took notes from Nicki & her experience.

Edited by MaxMartin

1 hour ago, OmegaRidley said:

She said herself that the label pushes her to try different things. IJWAR and brrr were most likely the label's choices :rip:

and this is the problem like why is she letting the label Bebe Rexhify her discography when she's always had a lane that she thrived in from the very beginning? Synth pop kim or kim malone trap to throwing anything at the wall... The set up is real :siptea:

Video is 150k views away from 1 million, under 24 hours! Let’s get it 1 million!!! 

1 hour ago, dangerousalex said:

and this is the problem like why is she letting the label Bebe Rexhify her discography when she's always had a lane that she thrived in from the very beginning? Synth pop kim or kim malone trap to throwing anything at the wall... The set up is real :siptea:

Because she has no say in what or how to release… 

She said she is trying to play by their rules in hopes they will let her have more creative control in the future 

Kim does not know how to work a camera dear lorrrrdddttttt

I just watched the video. Ok it’s not bad it’s cute FOR AN UPBEAT POP SONG. 

the issue is that it doesn’t fit the song we got. Those visuals are very pop anthem not for a 2017 Halsey reject. And mess I did notice the bad editing on Nicki’s body and the “straight” ponytail. 

12 hours ago, Von said:

Now I’m perched… 

She's talking about the next single "Home Town".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.