Kim Petras & Nicki Minaj - “Alone”

Lady Claire
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

2 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

She looked ok in Icy and Future Starts Now imo :lakitu:

Yeah, those were fine too, I just feel like she started losing it following Slvt Pop's release and it's sad to watch :emofish: 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

Omg IM IN LOVE with the video. :clap3: Hit

8 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Yeah, those were fine too, I just feel like she started losing it following Slvt Pop's release and it's sad to watch :emofish: 

I think the main problem is the label 

Some of y’all love to blame the « decline » of quality on her but it’s most likely that she just follows what the label orders her to do 

She said during the pre-video release that she's "absolutely" doing signed copies and how she couldn't wait to have the album on her hands, so it's confirmed she'll be releasing physicals this time. I hope she does multiple versions to help her chart at least on Top 100 on B200

Why do they INSIST on giving us these shorter versions? :doc: I love the extended version (aka the actual song) on spotify. Anyway the video was really cute. The clarinet part was unexpected like.....why? :dies:  She looked so good at the end though. :jonny5: Overall a fun video. :clap3:

1 minute ago, OmegaRidley said:

Some of y’all love to blame the « decline » of quality on her but it’s most likely that she just follows what the label orders her to do 

Oh yes definitely, hence why I said she should've stayed an independent artist. She has like 0 control right now which sucks :rip:

1 minute ago, OmegaRidley said:

That's a big part of it, but she looks so awkward throughout the entire video. And it's not like she doesn't have to capability to hit the marks she needs, I just think she's kinda lazy tbh and doesn't care too much about the stage presence aspect (especially in the streaming world). I keep waiting for her to pull a Dua and completely switch up but I think that ship has sailed after seeing this.

Did something happen? I remember seeing videos from I guess the Clarity tour and she looked kinda cvnt in those

Now she looks almost scared

Love the vid!

20 minutes ago, Cain said:

Did something happen? I remember seeing videos from I guess the Clarity tour and she looked kinda cvnt in those

Now she looks almost scared

I personally think it's a mix of things. Her confidence has probably taken a huge knock because the label kept saying no to everything she was turning in, even when it was good and she was enjoying herself (I loved Problematique). 

Secondly, she is constantly being trolled and attacked (just look at the bullies in all these threads) and she 100% sees that and it affects her. She's a human being at the end of the day, and she also really cares about delivering. So she's probably worried about how things will be received by her label and also the GP. 

Maybe she doesn't even like this music as much as her previous independent releases. I don't think she'd have released the past few songs if she had her own way tbh. It's likely a compromise. Hence why people think the quality has dropped. I haven't particularly liked the past few songs and I love Kim, but I definitely blame the label.

This has to have one of the worst music videos I have seen in recent memory LOL.

2 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Ummm. Who edited this? Nicki's wig is warping in every blonde wig scene :deadbanana2:

Image Image

:bibliahh:

She needed to own this video, and she did not.  Her movements are very awkward and I'm going to assume not very rehearsed.  The MV itself is cute, like a throwback to 500 different music videos from the late 90's and early 2000's.  I just wish they had put more effort into making it interesting instead of a rehash.

Control just leaked and it's so much better than this one. More original too. Why she not release that one?

It looked great and sounded great, it was ok. However Kim was a little awkward in her moves.

I listened to the full song for the first time and felt like I was aging in dog years just to get to Nicki’s verse :/

Kim looks so awk and doesn't look invested in any choreo. Meh.

Literally what the **** happened to her... why did she decide to become this forced popper sex crazed character? I thought it was just for SlutPop. She looks awkward as **** and tryhard. RIP Old Kim :rip:

that has to be one of the worst mv performances ever. she needs to work on her confidence and/or invest on some acting classes 

I loved the second half of the video. Kim looks absolutely GORGEOUS in the white background scenes. Those parts really worked for me and at least for me, I think she kinda served there. And Nicki killed it of course. I think the only off-putting parts were the clarinet bits cos it just seems so forced and awkward, especially when she licked the clarinet. I feel like they could've just cut off those parts and the video would be better overall.

Still hoping that this gets to become a moderate hit at least. The song has completely grown on me!

The video editing at the end is pretty bad. I think they definitely rushed it 

im sorry but nicki ate this :jonny6: she really in her bag this year 

kim looks a bit uncomfortable on camera 

6 hours ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

The video is cute and Nicki actually showed up and isn't in her green screen feature era anymore so it's a win.

I do not think Nicki was actually in set, their scenes together were not filmed in that built set. It feels edited in whenever they’re on together. 

It’s a cute video tho! I liked those sets and color changes, she looks gorgeous in it.

I wouldn’t expect this announcement in somewhere epic anymore considering the whole writers strike thing, can’t think of many show slots she could do it. Unless she waits for her performance in the big brazilian festival she’s lined up. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.