• GardenPanty

6 hours ago, Stepfon said:

Day 3:
Global OUT
US #142(-55) — 289,593
UK #177(-91) — 60,625
Germany #187(-55) — 57,518
Canada #186(-80) — 36,229

They blew the hype so bad. Once the verse leaked and they saw the backlash, the clear option was to delay and rework the song. 

Like imagine not listening to tiktok when it runs the music industry. Now some other pop girl will come and do a house/dance track and smash because that’s the trend that’s about to kick off again in the US. Kim could have been the face of it. 

Republic Records is awful for the non-Weeknd, Drake, Ariana, Taylor artists. :deadbanana4:

She lost it after Malibu tbh

Wait she is in debt with the label ? 

How does that work ? 

They should drop her tbh nobody is winning in this situation…

7 hours ago, Stepfon said:

Day 3:
Global OUT
US #142(-55) — 289,593
UK #177(-91) — 60,625
Germany #187(-55) — 57,518
Canada #186(-80) — 36,229

these stats are not real. Care to cite your source? 

exactly. 

2 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

Wait she is in debt with the label ? 

How does that work ? 

They should drop her tbh nobody is winning in this situation…

That means she needs to work behind the scenes, write for others  get placements till she earns them their money back or wait to see of they will accept the loss and drop her if she wants to get out of contract. Worst case scenario she ends up like Sky Ferreira

Kim being "in debt" with the label is fanfic. We don't know for sure, it's just inductive reasoning a fan arrived at. It could be true but it's also never been confirmed by a credible source. If Republic's ROI does not exceed what they put in to fund her music, studio sessions, visuals, promotion, etc then yes she prob owes them $$. But we don't know how that works, what she gets in royalties, sponsorships, deals, etc. I'd guess she's currently breaking even atp after the success of Unholy.

mhgx5qs_d.thumb.webp.a6f7dafa7dbd92d3645

They need to schedule the tour frfr so she can make some serious cash. She should've been allowed to tour last year, but they've been waiting for this magic (elusive) moment to drop a blockbuster album that increases her tour earnings. It's giving greedy capitalists 

Edited by Alfred

2 hours ago, DojaCat said:

That means she needs to work behind the scenes, write for others  get placements till she earns them their money back or wait to see of they will accept the loss and drop her if she wants to get out of contract. Worst case scenario she ends up like Sky Ferreira

WOW. This is super serious. 

She's in debt for what exactly? :deadbanana2:

Republic barely promotes her, **** Pop and Problématique had the same producing team as she always had when she was independent, they only released one music video so far (FSN)... where did the money went then? :rip:

After FTB she'll probably be in debt with them bc she's now working with more A-list producers, booked some features and will release a new music video. But that only was possible to happen after a #1 single and a Grammy - and still, the budget for Jesus and brrr were below average, there was nothing she couldn't do back in 2019 when she didn't had their backing.

Honestly after this album bombing i hope they drop her. She's getting more opportunities now of course, but her career was way more dynamic back then with new music every month, more than an album per year and she was always touring bc that made people interested in her.

2 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

these stats are not real. Care to cite your source? 

exactly. 

:deadbanana2:I see you cannot accept the truth, chile. 

14 minutes ago, Kings. said:

Why are these not on iTunes or streaming? :deadbanana4:

Who thought that was a good idea?

3 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Why are these not on iTunes or streaming? :deadbanana4:

Who thought that was a good idea?

I guess her team figured the Barbz go all out for website singles, so they’re trying to get more pure sales there and it’ll be on streaming services after the first week? :toofunny3: I’m just happy they’re doing something.

sis drop the remix not or a extended with another nicki verse :clap3:

9 minutes ago, Kings. said:

I guess her team figured the Barbz go all out for website singles, so they’re trying to get more pure sales there and it’ll be on streaming services after the first week? :toofunny3: I’m just happy they’re doing something.

Barbz are not going to buy something unless it has a chance at going Top 20 the following week.  I don't think anyone had any expectations for this song pre-release.  I don't see anything wrong with its Day 3 performance, they need to pay for radio adds and playlisting for a bit before we get clear signals if it has a chance or not.

Edited by Archetype

Just bought the extended version and it's cute. Feels like a fuller song with a 2nd verse by Kim and then Nicki's verse coming during the "bridge"

The lyrics to Kim's second verse: 

Taste on my lips
Sweet licorice
I want a dip
Come on and take me on a trip
If you play it right (play it right)
It's your lucky night (tonight)
Got an appetite
That only you can satisfy

Edited by Alfred

42 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Taste on my lips
Sweet licorice
I want a dip
Got an appetite

The way i thought it was d!ck and not dip during my first listen :rip: caught me off guard

Btw i love how we're getting multiple official versions though, that never happens with her singles. Not even officially released remixes since idk, Era 1? :rip:

Then we had that Jesus acoustic version. I love hearing songs reimagined somehow so it's cool, hopefully there's a official solo version (but obviously someone will make one mixing the original and the extended anyways), an acoustic version and obviously those dance remixes

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Taste on my lips
Sweet licorice
I want a dip
Got an appetite

:bibliahh:

pop music lyrics on autopilot, Jesus

44 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Btw i love how we're getting multiple official versions though, that never happens with her singles. Not even officially released remixes since idk, Era 1? :rip:

Then we had that Jesus acoustic version. I love hearing songs reimagined somehow so it's cool, hopefully there's a official solo version (but obviously someone will make one mixing the original and the extended anyways), an acoustic version and obviously those dance remixes

Jesus acoustic is probably the most atrocious audio ever created bffr (and I like the song)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.