• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

The song is actually great and she at least got into the top 100 abeit for a short period. This is win in my opinion.

It is a fun euphoric gay bop, but like I was saying in another thread, not sure why stans thought this would be a smash hit. 

I hope it snatches some certifications in Europe though and the video is amazing

4 hours ago, Wonderland said:

Day 2:
Global #183(-109)  1,137,308
US #87(-45) — 404,969
UK #86(-56) — 87,855
Germany #132(-61) — 84,603
Canada #106(-49) — 48,883    

Omg :rip: 

Post Malone

5 hours ago, Wonderland said:

Day 2:
US #87(-45) — 404,969
UK #86(-56) — 87,855

Its barbie and its kim petras i guess :rip:

6 hours ago, Wonderland said:

Day 2:
US #87(-45) — 404,969
UK #86(-56) — 87,855

Well Republic ain’t pay for any playlisting, so this is expected. The song isn’t bad to warrant all this dropping. It just is nowhere on Spotify and they didn’t drop a video which would help with promoting to new audiences.

They should go ahead and get the dance version ready to send to radio and then see where things go from there. Drop the normal video though then if the dance version catches on, they can do a second dance video for cheap really quick on some green screens :deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, Flare said:

Well Republic ain’t pay for any playlisting, so this is expected. The song isn’t bad to warrant all this dropping. It just is nowhere on Spotify and they didn’t drop a video which would help with promoting to new audiences.

They should go ahead and get the dance version ready to send to radio and then see where things go from there. Drop the normal video though then if the dance version catches on, they can do a second dance video for cheap really quick on some green screens :deadbanana4:

the video is dropping this week along with an acapella version on the 25th

6 minutes ago, Flare said:

Well Republic ain’t pay for any playlisting

it has more playlisting than any of Kim's previous releases. they are on the cover of some playlists

Spoiler

I don’t feel like there should be much chart anticipation for this anyway. Radio growth and the music video will help streaming.

Yes it’s smart to release the video next week. They lowkey waited kinda long to release it, and the timing of the other Nicki songs being out kinda gave Kim the last piece of the pie. 

But by her standards, a top 60 debut is still great for her. Hopefully the video can help boost it. Is this being sent to radio?!

59 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

it has more playlisting than any of Kim's previous releases. they are on the cover of some playlists

Reveal hidden contents

I come from a different perspective of seeing people like Camila Cabello have barely half a solo hit to her name but getting a Spotify TTH residency for OMG and Havana from Epic Records. Or even Latto having 1 hit (big energy) but RCA records investing to get her 1M+ pop radio updates from day 1 with Lottery (a song that has 1 total week in the hot 100).

Kim Petras got a Grammy on her first major collab, Unholy was as big if not bigger than those random example songs I used above,  and Republic is like “Hmm should we push this song to the max or not? We have no clue?”. 

That’s not to say this song won’t do well long term, but the week 1 Spotify & radio support (in the US) so far leaves a lot to be desired and none of it is the song or Kim’s fault. :bird:

12 minutes ago, Flare said:

I come from a different perspective of seeing people like Camila Cabello have barely half a solo hit to her name but getting a Spotify TTH residency for OMG and Havana from Epic Records. Or even Latto having 1 hit (big energy) but RCA records investing to get her 1M+ pop radio updates from day 1 with Lottery (a song that has 1 total week in the hot 100).

Kim Petras got a Grammy on her first major collab, Unholy was as big if not bigger than those random example songs I used above,  and Republic is like “Hmm should we push this song to the max or not? We have no clue?”. 

That’s not to say this song won’t do well long term, but the week 1 Spotify & radio support (in the US) so far leaves a lot to be desired and none of it is the song or Kim’s fault. :bird:

There was probably not enough pre-saves to invest more in playlists/radio, they have already spent a lot on Nicki feature and music video and someone here said Kim is in debt with the label.
Unholy was big thanks to TikTok and had 300k pre-saves ahead of release. If Alone had as many pre-saves they would push this song more.

Horrendous Spotify numbers. Her team really dropped the ball with this one so far. This needs its Summertime Sadness moment

1 hour ago, PoisonPill said:

Has it entered top 50 pop radio yet?

Yes, entered at #49 today 

There were ppl in this thread and on Twitter saying this was gonna debut @ #1…. :ahh:

did anyone LEGIT think this would be a hit? :rip: This sounds dated as **** and is coming from a flop artist (Kim). Nicki can only do so much yall...

That said, despite it being dated AF it still slaps once you get halfway through the song

Predicted to debut top 60 at this point. Kim's team really ****** up. 

2 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

Predicted to debut top 60 at this point. Kim's team really ****** up. 

Is that factoring in the Day 2 numbers? :rip: 

Ya'll just love to jump the damn gun. Debut week is not the end of a song's chart run, especially when the video and promo push hasn't even started. 

8 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

Is that factoring in the Day 2 numbers? :rip: 

It was published today so I imagine, yes. They’re going to apparently be releasing more versions so it will definitely debut.

3 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

There was probably not enough pre-saves to invest more in playlists/radio, they have already spent a lot on Nicki feature and music video and someone here said Kim is in debt with the label.
Unholy was big thanks to TikTok and had 300k pre-saves ahead of release. If Alone had as many pre-saves they would push this song more.

We slid past that point too fast. WHAT?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.