Kim Petras & Nicki Minaj - “Alone”

Lady Claire
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

I don't think Alone is downright awful, but it confirmed my suspicion that the song would be extremely mediocre. 

Say what you will about Rain on Me (which this song reminds me of, strangely), but at least the verses were catchy. The only catchy parts of Alone are Nicki's intro and the chorus. 

I forgot to add that Alone's sexual lyrics kind of take away the charm of Alice Deejay's song. What made that song effective was keeping it cute and simple: crushing/pining for a guy and letting the hard-hitting production do most of the work. Here, it's about getting raunchy, and the production doesn't hit hard enough for the overtly-sexual/cringe lyrics. 

If Alone flops, and it very well could, I honestly wonder what Kim's label would do going forward. Obviously, Kim's label won't listen to us, but if I were them, like I said in a previous post, I would release most (if not all) the Problematique tracks and tack on Unholy to gain streams. 

The GP clearly wasn't here for IJWAR and Brrr. And if they're not here for Alone, that's 3 for 3. Not good. 

Edited by zasderfght

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

9 minutes ago, The Witch said:

Tea. We need Alone (Ava's version) 

2Fk2EaA.gif

@Leptine

Yeap this is awful :doc:

4 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

I don't think Alone is downright awful, but it confirmed my suspicion that the song would be extremely mediocre. 

Say what you will about Rain on Me (which this song reminds me of, strangely), but at least the verses were catchy. The only catchy parts of Alone are Nicki's intro and the chorus. 

I forgot to add that Alone's sexual lyrics kind of take away the charm of Alice Deejay's song. What made that song effective was keeping it cute and simple: crushing/pining for a guy and letting the hard-hitting production do most of the work. Here, it's about getting raunchy, and the production doesn't hit hard enough for the overtly-sexual/cringe lyrics. 

If Alone flops, and it very well could, I honestly wonder what Kim's label would do going forward. Obviously, Kim's label won't listen to us, but if I were them, like I said in a previous post, I would release most (if not all) the Problematique tracks and tack on Unholy to gain streams. 

The GP clearly wasn't here for IJWAR and Brrr. And if they're not here for Alone, that's 3 for 3. Not good. 

they won’t be here for alone lol … tiktok hates the song 

what they need to do is release a dance remix so everyone shuts up and this actually has a chance of making noise

3 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

I think Unholy misguided her label with singles direction but by the sound of snippets the album definitely should not be scrapped for Problematique. Problematique has some highs but for the most part is a homogenous flat mess.

If this flops her label better NOT scrap the amazing songs she played on live recently... they sounded like actual fantastic songs :emofish:

6 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

Rain on Me is on another level compared to this. It goes crazy in the club, I can't imagine dancing to Alone at all... :deadbanana2:

Just now, Whis said:

If this flops her label better NOT scrap the amazing songs she played on live recently... they sounded like actual fantastic songs :emofish:

if it flops (it will) and the album gets scrapped (its never gonna see the light of day) she'll just leak it the same way she leaked problematique

Post Malone

12 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

The only catchy parts of Alone are Nicki's intro and the chorus. 

like and the way they carefully made sure that's the only part they're teasing for months :bibliahh:

When we talk about “Tik Tok hype” how much are we actually talking about? Given this is Kim Petras and the average person walking down the street has no idea who she is lol

Somehow the whole thing is slightly better than what she's teased, but it's still such a disappointment. Talk about fumbling your own bag, this had smash written all over it when we only heard the chorus.

The Nicki verse isn't anything to write home about as well. They're both going to jail for that "Kim Petty" lyric though, like... :biblio:

I wonder how Nicki actually feels about this song? She went OFF on the Princess Diana Remix but sounds bored on this song :eli:

Edited by Whis

I think it’s cute. Already got used to it with the longer snippet and the whole thing is exactly how I expected.

Nicki’s verse is ok

I feel like the video will elevate the song more and the trap verses can be fixed for those that didn’t like it once she releases a few remixes. 

Way better choice for a single than IJWAR and brrr :bird:

one thing I noticed is that this song has almost the exact same structure as Star Walkin by Lil Nas X 

even those basic sped up tiktok edits would be better than this mess :rip:

She could've at least switched it up for the last chorus...

This will chart which is already a win for Kim so let’s celebrate

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

:rip:

She can't be serious.

Imagine taking THE 00s eurodance banger and turning it into a bland AND mid boredom fest.

I hope they release the music video on Friday together with some remixes so atleast it has a chance at charting in the top 100

The chorus is really catchy but the rest of the song, including Nicki's verse, is kinda meh.

11 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I think it’s cute. Already got used to it with the longer snippet and the whole thing is exactly how I expected.

Nicki’s verse is ok

I feel like the video will elevate the song more and the trap verses can be fixed for those that didn’t like it once she releases a few remixes. 

Way better choice for a single than IJWAR and brrr :bird:

Got applaud you for your positivity. Let’s hope for the best I guess

spacer.png

Ngl, it would be interesting to see this do numbers after everyone and their mother panning it

3 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

Ngl, it would be interesting to see this do numbers after everyone and their mother panning it

i definitely think some will switch it's still boppable

Btw are we sure if this is the final version? This is lacking the “woo-ah” and the trap beat on the longer snippet hits a *bit* harder… and this is kinda of annoying me :rip: listen with headphones to notice.

I doubt the final version (if this isn’t) will change much but I think it should sound more polished though

4 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Got applaud you for your positivity. Let’s hope for the best I guess

spacer.png

:hug:

Every Kim release is a mess left and right so I had to get used to it

It sounds like a demo I hope the final song is better.

it’s not as bad as people are saying but definitely disappointing 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.