Kim Petras & Nicki Minaj - “Alone”

Lady Claire
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

Just now, MaxMartin said:

Well the Kim Petras I think everyone fell in love with was the Kim that did Icy , There will be blood, Heart to break , Hillside boys, Personal hell & IDWIAA

And those are by no means not trappy records...

Not everyone fell in love with that Kim, unless if by everyone you mean a bunch of gays. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

41 minutes ago, Satin said:

This sounds great. I’m perched for Friday now :WAP:

This sounds disjointed and the verse comes in too suddenly after the first chorus

So unprofessional...

tumblr_nsm3ytt7Qv1qh9nffo1_500.gif

Sounds like a hit to me

That „europop” uptempo everyone wants would be cool but wouldnt work as much as more trappy mid tempo version

so I’m glad

cant wait for full version 

1 minute ago, RedCarpet said:

That „europop” uptempo everyone wants would be cool but wouldnt work as much as more trappy mid tempo version

so I’m glad

cant wait for full version 

This. She teased a couple of europop songs from the album when she played the snippets a few weeks ago, so I guess everyone will be satisfied at the end.

41 minutes ago, MaxMartin said:

Well the Kim Petras I think everyone fell in love with was the Kim that did Icy , There will be blood, Heart to break , Hillside boys, Personal hell & IDWIAA

And those are by no means not trappy records...

Exactly. This was all pre Kesha backlash era too

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Onika Maraj said:

Top 10. :clap3:

We're aiming for #1 baby :clap3:

7 minutes ago, fememeist said:

Exactly. This was all pre Kesha backlash era too

spacer.png

False, the backlash started almost as soon as Kim was announced as an opener for Troye Sivan's shows, early 2018.

Is the chorus only the snippet we've been hearing for the past weeks? Is there no actual beatdrop/dance breakdown?

26 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

We're aiming for #1 baby :clap3:

Miley Cyrus Women GIF

2 hours ago, MaxMartin said:

The insider that heard it already said all the choruses stay the same :/

It would be strange for the last chorus to stay like that tho

it’s that’s the case I don’t know what they were aiming for with that sound 

8 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

She can never win to some, that's the truth. Back during the Problematique "era", people were constantly whining about bringing Clarity era back 'cause that felt like the true Kim Petras, now people are complaining 'cause the song isn't an europop banger. 

This has been Kim's style since 2019, this trappy/fast delivery vocals is what she's been doing for years and what she's actually even known and popular for (her feature on Unholy isn't exactly a powerhouse showcase of vocals or pop excellence, she's basically featured as a "rapper" with her own little verse).

There was no point in this being different than what it seems to be, and there's nothing wrong in the chorus being the stronger part of a single. Isn't that exactly what choruses are meant for in music? :rip:

You clocked us

TrueBlood

I’m also expecting a beat drop or build up after the chorus or something! 

2 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

Not everyone fell in love with that Kim, unless if by everyone you mean a bunch of gays. 

That's who majority of her supporters are :rip: 

5 minutes ago, Raw Honey said:

That's who majority of her supporters are :rip: 

Yes, so? She's been working for almost two years now to exactly change this and gain a wider audience, she wouldn't have signed with a major label at all if she was happy with what she had up until that point.

To the majority of the 30/40 millions listeners she has on Spotify, she's just the girl who has a couple of bars on Unholy. So, if anything, it's way more likely for them to support a song like this one than a EDM europop dated mess.

Edited by TrueBlood

Alone is for the Clarity girls.

If you love TOTL, Claws is for you.

If you love Problématique, Try Again is for you (and there will be 3 songs from that album on the tracklist).

If you love her hyperpop singles, Castle in the Sky is for you.

If you love ERA 1, i'm sure there will be an 80s inspired bop on the album, as usual.

There's something for everyone on the album.

Alone is nothing new if you stan Kim so i really don't get "i miss the old her" comments when she has tons of trap songs on her discog :deadbanana4:

It’s not bad. The verse just doesn’t hit as hard. I think when we have the full it’ll work.

5 minutes ago, XtinaStripped said:

It’s not bad. The verse just doesn’t hit as hard. I think when we have the full it’ll work.

Girl all the choruses stay the same

44 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Yes, so? She's been working for almost two years now to exactly change this and gain a wider audience

that is absolutely never going to happen, ever

27 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Alone is for the Clarity girls.

If you love TOTL, Claws is for you.

If you love Problématique, Try Again is for you (and there will be 3 songs from that album on the tracklist).

If you love her hyperpop singles, Castle in the Sky is for you.

If you love ERA 1, i'm sure there will be an 80s inspired bop on the album, as usual.

There's something for everyone on the album.

Alone is nothing new if you stan Kim so i really don't get "i miss the old her" comments when she has tons of trap songs on her discog :deadbanana4:

have you heard the album? :bam:  fill me in

2 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

that is absolutely never going to happen, ever

Could you imagine her getting a #1 in the USA and a Grammy 6 months ago? :mandown:

4 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Could you imagine her getting a #1 in the USA and a Grammy 6 months ago? :mandown:

two SOLO singles released after, how did that go?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.