Kim Petras & Nicki Minaj - “Alone”

Lady Claire
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

32 minutes ago, Flare said:

It sounds smooth but the fact it’s a switch up from what this song was originally presented as could pose a problem. This was supposed to be the EDM summer smash. They better drop a EDM remix in that first week just to be safe and get international audiences on board. 

The verses sound like an Ariana song (not a bad thing if promoted correctly). :bird:

Edit: Also ATRL hates it now so maybe that means it will do well. ATRL liked this song a bit too much out the gate. We needed to drop expectations!

At this point in her career, we don’t need the approval of a bunch of gays online, that is not enough anymore. I’m pretty sure a straight dance-pop wouldn’t have been as successful as this is going to be IMO. Unholy was hated since day 1 by everyone, and we all know how that turned out.

Nicki is going to devour this beat, I can’t wait to her verse.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

1 hour ago, Kiel D-01 said:

I hate this sample, everyone needs to retire it already. :rip: 

There's countless great pop songs to sample out there but for some reason people keep using this sample AGAIN AND AGAIN :rip:

Thoughts on the 1-minute snippet: 

The chorus slaps-- I can see why Kim's team is advertising it on social media. 

If the non-chorus part is the first verse, yeah, it's crazy boring. Not sure how the other verses will hold up. 

Maybe Kim is running out of ideas, but it's strange how a Kim and Nicki track that samples Better Off Alone, so far, would sound this uneventful. And you have Dr. Luke producing this thing. 

But hey, I'll reserve full judgment once we hear the entire thing in Apple Music-quality. 

It is quite a shame Problematique didn't see the light of day. I've listened to the full album front-to-back, and while it's forgettable pop, it's fun and never boring. I've liked all 17 alleged Problematique tracks over If Jesus Was a Rockstar and Brrr. I know 3 Problematique tracks will make their way onto the new album, but I really think she should scrap IJWAR and Brrr, put Alone and Unholy on the album just to generate streams, and re-brand Problematique in some way. 

they way that i've been impatiently waiting for this and now all the hype is gone :rip:

Dancepop is back, why is she still using trap beats, when trap is actually dead nowadays :rip:

This pissed me off :rip:

that verse was ******* god awful omg :deadbanana2: the way that edit on soundcloud from weeks ago ate this up majorly 

I think this would have benefitted from a Do Me style verse.

Seeing ATRL cry over it kinda confirmed I'd love it and I wasn't wrong! :hippo:

Miss Petra is very unlucky because Barbz are spending all their coins left with the Ice Spice song :dies: 

I wonder if they will drop Princess Diana for the second week to support Kim's song.

2 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Wasn’t expecting the song to be this midtempo but it’s cute, I like the snippet

And the trap vibe was expected, @Enigmanotta already spilled that before

It's hilarious how everyone massively fell for the hook. I was patiently waiting for her to tease the rest of the song. :bibliahh:

3 hours ago, MaxMartin said:

No... It was Hyperpop

In WHAT universe 

13 minutes ago, Green said:

Miss Petra is very unlucky because Barbz are spending all their coins left with the Ice Spice song :dies: 

I wonder if they will drop Princess Diana for the second week to support Kim's song.

...duh? The Barbz will be buying. They are way more excited for Alone than PD.

5 minutes ago, Enigmanotta said:

It's hilarious how everyone massively fell for the hook. I was patiently waiting for her to tease the rest of the song. :bibliahh:

have you heard Nicki’s verse? or Kim’s 2nd? 

8 minutes ago, Enigmanotta said:

Have you heard the full song ? 

is it midtempo or does the pace pick up at some point ?

The new snippet is veryyyy clarity era sounding, which I loved but I think we were all expecting something different here. I don’t hate it at all, just going to adjust my expectations here and listen and enjoy the final product once it out. Let’s support them either way 🩵

10 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

have you heard Nicki’s verse? or Kim’s 2nd? 

7 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

Have you heard the full song ? 

is it midtempo or does the pace pick up at some point ?

I haven't heard their version yet. What Kim just teased is her first verse. I assume her second one was kept because she has teased it already (ride it, ride it, ride it). Unless they got rid of the pre-choruses, I don't see how they could've kept Kim's third verse while also giving Nicki her own verse. The production stays the same throughout the entire song, I doubt they changed it for their version.

6 minutes ago, Enigmanotta said:

I haven't heard their version yet. What Kim just teased is her first verse. I assume her second one was kept because she has teased it already (ride it, ride it, ride it). Unless they got rid of the pre-choruses, I don't see how they could've kept Kim's third verse while also giving Nicki her own verse. The production stays the same throughout the entire song, I doubt they changed it for their version.

So no dance chorus or breakdown… 

What a letdown :rip:

On 4/14/2023 at 8:49 AM, Boysdontcry said:

Not Kim already going back to Luke… she literally got so much backlash for it last year. I thought Republic were adamant on getting her away from him

I thought it was an unconfirmed, strong rumor. But it's actually true? Wow. Sounds like a mini bop, but I can't bring it upon myself to support this project.

The weirdest reaction I've seen is Kim stans acting like she's some sort of bubblegum pop artist who is now venturing into trap-influenced pop... Half of her discography has some sort of trap influence lol it's nothing new.

Also, these Youtube concepts these pop stans are gagging over are off-key and off-beat. Which says a lot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.