Kim Petras & Nicki Minaj - “Alone”

Lady Claire
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

3 minutes ago, Enigmanotta said:

You can definitely tell her inspiration behind a lot of these songs was the music she grew up listening to, so that's kinda fun. This ultimately leads to the album not being sonically cohesive at all, which is reflected in their singles choices, but I don't think that's what they were aiming for anyway. I strongly agree with what Lady Claire said earlier this week; there's something for everyone in this album, no matter what your favourite Kim genre/sound is. In my opinion, Problématique was a stronger choice for a debut album than this.

As long as we have more Castle In The Sky’s and less JIAR’s I’m good :chick1:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• OmegaRidley

• Alfred

• GardenPanty

4 minutes ago, Enigmanotta said:

You can definitely tell her inspiration behind a lot of these songs was the music she grew up listening to, so that's kinda fun. This ultimately leads to the album not being sonically cohesive at all, which is reflected in their singles choices, but I don't think that's what they were aiming for anyway. I strongly agree with what Lady Claire said earlier this week; there's something for everyone in this album, no matter what your favourite Kim genre/sound is. In my opinion, Problématique was a stronger choice for a debut album than this.

i just knew it was gonna be a stew of mess. she already put out so many projects and the moment she signs to a big label starts releasing nothing but horrible new sounds or watered down versions of the same sound from the past. oh well kim

3 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

even with the horrid deluxe tracks? well it's over 

3Ig6psU.gif

ddddddddddddd the standard had some strong ones on it though!

3Ig6psU.gif

3 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

ddddddddddddd the standard had some strong ones on it though!

3Ig6psU.gif

there were some strong tracks but i’m glad that album got scrapped. most of the songs are good but we could’ve went without Je T’adore, Something About You, and Your Time To Cry (which I hate mentioning because that song actually is on the new album) . And the deluxe songs are all really bad

Do we know who shot the single cover? Guessing it's not Jason Al Taan since he didn't post it

Edited by inyourarea

58 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

A drop? Didn't we leave that back in 2012 EDM?

It’s 2023 and some of y’all need to see what’s in the wind. EDM is BACK

36 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

there were some strong tracks but i’m glad that album got scrapped. most of the songs are good but we could’ve went without Je T’adore, Something About You, and Your Time To Cry (which I hate mentioning because that song actually is on the new album) . And the deluxe songs are all really bad

I personally really like je tadore dndndns something about you is dreadful and your time to cry had potential it just needed a lot of tweaking. my favorites are love ya leave ya and revelations

Oh no this doesn't go anywhere. :noparty:

The way this thread is just dead :rip: 

I feel like her photoshoots for all 3 singles thus far have all been better than the actual single cover, which is... not encouraging for the album cover!

2 hours ago, Enigmanotta said:

Yup, everything released/teased so far sounds more like an "Essential Kim Petras" playlist (which is not bad for me tbh). I kinda get why they want to tickle every box from her, since this is supposed to be her big break on the mainstream. Claws and Try Again sounds fantastic, can't wait for them in full :jonny5:

To kick this era with IJWAR was a choice though :rip: I'm probably one of the 5 people that enjoyed the song but that was such a misstep and so off-brand for her.

I hope she also links up with a DJ to get a quick/easy hit in Europe and then she should add to the album to boost streams... she needs a The Motto/Miracle moment

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

Nickis verse is so good :jonnycat:

2 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

Something About a Grammy is great though

I agree that Je T'flop belongs to the trash bin and we could've done without Ur Time to Tank on the upcoming album but well... i hope they change some things on it

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

She already follows the guys who made the SoundCloud version :rip: Europop mix confirmed at this point 

The leak was off beat or something. The real release tonight sounds far better and more tight. A bop!

Republic is cheap for not getting Today’s Top Hits though. I guess this song will build for weeks before they invest more. :bird:

5 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

So she waited 273718 years to Release this and there is still no video?

Y'all were melting down over THIS?

I can't. It sounds like a fusion of Era 1 and Clarity, the woo ah is back, the chorus is actually decent use of the sample, like. This is exactly what I needed from her after years of nothing hitting. :rip: More of this and less of Unholy/brrr/Jesus/Coconuts/FSN pls.

It's not super great or anything but I feel like this is gonna be a hit. Wish Nicki's verse was more zany though.

this is cute, it does sound better than the l*ak 

hope it’s a hit for them 

This is a bop… I fear:celestial4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.