Christine and the Queens - 'PARANOÏA, ANGELS, TRUE LOVE'

sam.teas

I've gone through it once, and I'm floored. It feels like a paradigm shifting album from an uncompromising artist. It's his Homogenic.

I've adored all of Red's projects before this, but they all felt indebted to other works and artists (as is the case for 99% of music, and is not a bad thing), but this feels completely singular. Something only he, with his story and sense of melody, could create. He should be so proud. The lyrics are also brilliant throughout, so terribly sad at times, but full of desire and life.

Edited by Haze

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sam.teas

• Archetype

• Winged

• ChapelHooker

I'm pretty excited to listen to this. All of the singles were good!

Gonna have to take extra time to listen to all of 3 sides in full.

This is like a magnum opus within a magnum opus within a magnum opus.  AOTY by far :jonny6:

Yeah... it's something else, it feels like a mega WHOLE piece. Wow.

Yeah I think this might be his best body of work, but I'm gonna need more time with it because it's so damn long.

I think it’s growing on me. Also I think I clicked something on Tidal accidentally and the album just disappeared? Like once the queue will end Im not sure if I will be able to go back to this album :rip: So I try to cherish listening while it lasts

Lick the light out is the best song Madonna has been a part of in decades :jonnycat:

• Like 1

So i saw him live at Primavera Sound and he was so good. Maybe too good for a festival (in a festival you just eant to listen the greatest hits) but his perfoming skills are truly out of this world. He deserves to be really big

We have to be friends :msmarvel:

Also the PRODUCTION wowwowowow

I'm on the first part so far and it's alright? I don't know what y'all are raving about but I have high expectations for the remainder and I'm ready do be floored, hopefully :jonnycat:

This album is like a weird blend between Bedtime Stories, ye (the album) and a little Björk. Really well executed and ambitious albeit pretty bloated. 070 Shake‘s sound is also very prominent, mainly on CD 2.

• ATRL Moderator

tbh this is super overwhelming. i respect it majorly because it's evident he didn't compromise on his vision at all, but that does by design make it a lot.

let me touch you once reminds me of portishead/pj harvey...

it's a great experience :party:

Edited by big-eyes-lies

uhh yeah, La Vita Nuova remains his best project, I'm sorry 

the spoken-word Madonna interludes are an auditory jumpscare

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

tbh this is super overwhelming. i respect it majorly because it's evident he didn't compromise on his vision at all, but that does by design make it a lot.

It took me two days to listen in full, but it was worth it.

6 hours ago, B-Luke said:

This album is like a weird blend between Bedtime Stories, ye (the album) and a little Björk. Really well executed and ambitious albeit pretty bloated. 070 Shake‘s sound is also very prominent, mainly on CD 2.

Kanye is definitely an influence, but it’s worth noting that Kanye was very inspired by Rick Rubin, who produced this album.  Classic rock and 90’a grunge-pop are also huge influences. I can hear Björk is some songs as well as Portishead, MJ, Madonna, Zero 7 (with Sia), Moby, etc.  It’s a lot to digest at once.

Oh, guys. I think he did... He did AOTY! :clownny:

This is how immaterial and no-binary contemporary music sounds like: soft electro-R&B, 90s rockish/grunge and classic/orchestral beats. It almost sounds like a spiritual madness masterpiece, depending on the album side :heart2: He risked and he won, that's it :clap3:

Score: 7,2 

• ATRL Moderator

Disc 3 > disc 1 > disc 2 

• Like 1

This album surpassed all my expectations.

It's super atmospheric, lush, melodic & warm. I haven't felt this way for an album since like Nicole dollanganger's album in early 2023.

the production on this record is insane, it’s definitely a heavy listen but i will return to this again in the future!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.