City Builders Base | Cities Skylines 2 - Available Now

Sergi91

If I can't create a walkable cities without dozen DLCs first, I don't want it :coffee2:

(also is there anyone plays other Paradox games like EU4 or CK2 / CK3 ? Hehe)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• CBC

• Flocon

• nathanspears

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they said something about what is changing? Is the simulation part now much heavier?

Because rn it looks like the same game just heavily modded :gaycat6:

20 minutes ago, Heirloom said:

If I can't create a walkable cities without dozen DLCs first, I don't want it :coffee2:

(also is there anyone plays other Paradox games like EU4 or CK2 / CK3 ? Hehe)

Spending all my free time on my second CK3 run rn.

The way for my first run I choosed the Karling Dynastie and literally doomed my whole family inclusive me :dies:

28 minutes ago, Zaram said:

Did they said something about what is changing? Is the simulation part now much heavier?

Because rn it looks like the same game just heavily modded :gaycat6:

Spending all my free time on my second CK3 run rn.

The way for my first run I choosed the Karling Dynastie and literally doomed my whole family inclusive me :dies:

Oh I loved CK2 but I haven't downloaded CK3, is it feel completed now ?

Recently I'm going back to EU4 and trying to play as Ottoman again :gaynetcat4:

didn't make me horny.

I don't know if I was expecting more, I guess the gameplay and the city growth is what I'm looking for the most

Considering all of the videos they're sharing for Life by You, I'm assuming they will tease us lil parts of gameplay here and there during the following months.

I think they're already doing this with Cities: Skylines ?

Plus they are heavily counting on the mod community for this

5 hours ago, May said:

graphically i was expecting more

im probs still gonna buy it

Same. They didn't really change on the dashboard. Plus, it seems all these features are already available via downloads.

2 hours ago, Flocon said:

Plus they are heavily counting on the mod community for this

That's the problem. I mean, drawing roads in a less structured way... there's a mod for that already.

I hope if I build 131312 skyscrapers, the number of the citizens won't stay at 100k.

47 minutes ago, prézli said:

I hope if I build 131312 skyscrapers, the number of the citizens won't stay at 100k.

This is what I'm praying for, a more realistic population and yes I know there is a mod already in CS1 for that

I'm so excited but as others have said, I do hope they add in more features and fix all the bugs from CS1. It gets so messy towards end game with path finding and importing goods, the game breaks

Looks so much better than CS1, its a great city builder but was always on the slightly ugly side.

Reminds me a lot of Simcity4 and 2013.

Looks like some DLC come with the base game, EA would never.

Can’t wait. :hippo:

looks like an improved cs1 but i need to buy a new computer to play and i hate paradox and their 1000+ dlcs and packs. like can you release the full game at launch and just give us like 2 or 3 expansions after like a normal company

Also the population is not going to be realistic. They already showed a mid rise apartment building with 25 people in it. Though it seems like it wasn’t full so we’ll see. It’s a limitation of the agent based system vs a simulated one. 

Game of the year incoming

I play on console with no mod access and just a few DLC (there's way too many), so I'm looking forward to the upgrades all around 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Heirloom said:

Oh I loved CK2 but I haven't downloaded CK3, is it feel completed now ?

Recently I'm going back to EU4 and trying to play as Ottoman again :gaynetcat4:

Spoiler

It's a lot more exciting, but I think it will still feel incomplete for you compared to CK2. CK3 was my first game tho so it feels complete enough for me (with much fancier graphic):-*

The first one is basically a glorified transportation department / traffic simulator and so far I don't see any improvements when it comes to the social aspects of this game like what SimCity 3000 has done.

I wish they would look into SimCity 3000 for inspiration. City aura >>>> land value any day. 

Citizens are brainless robots in CS. In SimCity 3000 they would actually protest and burn down buildings if mayor approval is too low. In CS they don't have any social movements to propose / oppose various city ordinances. For example, you allow weed in your city. Everyone is okay with this. Suddenly you ban weed. Everyone is okay with this. Like... what? 

Also the map creator is dumb as hell on console. Can't randomize a custom map???? I really have to sit there and wait years until lthe water fills up?

Also, I hope we can set INDIVIDUAL BUDGETS for each building. How many times have I had high schools with 1,000 available seats and 20 students because I have 200 elementary school students so that means I can't touch the budget, or build an additional school which can be brutal on a tight budget. 

Simcity 4 allowed individual budgets to solve this problem. I'm pretty sure that's more realistic as well. 

Art style still looks like bland Unity assets... 

Edited by PoKiTaurus

I just want a proper SimCity 3000 successor :redface:

There is more to a city than just spaghetti highways and tall buildings. 

• Like 1

They will post a video every week until release date explaining features highlights of the game.

Starting next monday with a video about "Roads Tool"

Check out the agenda here :

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/cities-skylines-ii/about

And base game or Ultimate Edition are up for pre-order on the website !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

No bicycles in launch :redface:

Yep we're back to square one in terms of how car-dependent our cities are. They really are about to pull a Sims with this title...

https://twitter.com/ColossalOrder/status/1668601581363757057?t=HQPDO98XmQa78g7G7kD77A&s=19

Not surprised, they removed pop up cars which i imagine isnt easy to program and bicycles would be even harder. If the game launches with buses/trams thats more than enough public transportation imo. Bicycles werent in the first base game either 

1st feature highlight : Road Tools.

Can you change the title of the thread to "Cities: Skylines 2" cause there's a mistake on the title of the game (that's why I created a new thread, I couldnt find this one lol)

I'm just hoping for a medium density zoning option like in SC4.

• Like 1

2nd feature highlight about AI !

Gameplay wise, this will be so lively !

(Can we change the title of the thread by "Cities" and not "City" ?)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.