Halle Bailey introduces Mermaid Doll

Armani?

I still feel sorry for Halle, seeing all the dislikes on the trailers is just nasty. I hope the movie doesn't flop or is a fluke

Why isn't her tail green like in the teaser we got? It looks blue-ish purple-ish

It looks the standard mermaid Barbie I buy my daughter. Why did they give her such a basic bralette? It makes the tail and bra look like a matching set as if she's wearing workout clothes. 

Screaming at the eyes being far apart on the doll too. The attention to detail!

She looks BEAUTIFUL.

A little cheap looking (because of the plastic top and tail) but the doll itself is amazing. I really, really love it. I love that her version of Ariel isn't as over the top as most of the fanart back then was.

1 minute ago, Red Velvet said:

There's no reason for the hair not to be bright red. 

because she is not supposed to look like a clown?
MAYBE?

3 minutes ago, Red Velvet said:

There's no reason for the hair not to be bright red. 

That’s not the color of Halle’s hair nor the color of Halle’s Ariel’s hair, so there’s a reason.

2 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

because she is not supposed to look like a clown?
MAYBE?

You calling Rihanna a clown?

Yeahhh they did her dirty not giving her version of the character some shade of red hair, she could have pulled it off so well too.

I'm guessing it's to give this version it's own aesthetic + match the more toned down colors of the disney live action remakes but honestly it seems like it was not the right move.

It looks close enough to me, idk how people expected her to have brighter red hair, when there's been a teaser and we know exactly what shade her hair is? This movie like all Disney remakes is completely drained of color, it will not have anything as bright or vivid as the animated version. That formula seems to be working for Disney though I guess 

Hmmm… I guess Ariel’s hair wasn’t really that red either in Once Upon A Time. They’re about the same shade…. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

Why isn't her tail green like in the teaser we got? It looks blue-ish purple-ish

The tail is greener in other pictures

1 hour ago, Red Velvet said:

You calling Rihanna a clown?

Oh, yeah, right. It was a look back in 2010 but looking back on it now?! It's a mess and most of the time she looked like a clown. (Whats My Name video)

Can't wait to buy one for all the little people in my life! :smitten:

Halle really is the ideal actress to portray a half fish half human.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.