• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Shelter

• qurl

• Broken

I'm intrigued. That title alone holds some interesting implications. I can't wait for the trailer. 

Prometheus was actually very decent aside from the obvious weird character motivations. Covenant kinda ruined the intrigue by insta-killing Noomi’s character but at least the horror aspects were decent. 

Excited for this :celestial6:

2 hours ago, Smarticle said:

Disney?

Who owns Fox and all it's IPs? Disney. 

I'm going to defend Fede cause he has delivered. His Evil Dead is the superior film in that college project franchise and perhaps one of the best horror films from the 2010s. Plus Don't Breathe (only the first one) and his Girl With the Dragon Tattoo were equally as good, so I trust him. 

Also kinda excited for the cast, they truly gathered a bunch of young actors from streaming series lmao. 

Fade is a hack, but ngl, Alien is thee horror franchise where I eat up everything I'm served either way, so bring it on. 

8pmA.gif

Hopefully this and the Hulu show won’t be delayed too bad by the strikes :gaycatx:

19 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Hopefully this and the Hulu show won’t be delayed too bad by the strikes :gaycatx:

The series was able to film

I really hope this has something to do with Prometheus/Covenant. Those movies were amazing. 

• Like 2

I absolutely love Promethus it should of been a 3 part film. The whole dr shaw thing pissed me off they took her out way too early . I do like Alien covenant but i feel like it shouldnt of went into aliens that quick. I wanted to know more about the Engineers.

• 1 month later...

excited for this.  I'll be watching on the big screen regardless of the reviews.  The best sci-fi franchise ever, imo.

They really need to make a true sequel to The Thing as well, as that's the best horror movie of all time, imo, and there is sooooo much potential for multiple movies. 

Very excited and very interesting that they brought in the prod team of Aliens (aka the best sequel ever made with BR2049).

I hope this has the same cadence and highbrow approach as Prometheus and Covenant :'( 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

‘Alien: Romulus' Test Screens ... — World of Reel

Details are starting to leak out about Fede Alvarez’s “Alien: Romulus.” It test screened a few days ago in California. Word is also that we’ll be getting a trailer coming for it this month.

So, what is the “Romulus” in the title? Supposedly, it’s the name of the Weyland-Yutani research station in the movie. The station is said to have been abandoned, for hundreds of years, by the time the film takes place.

The station will be investigated by a crew of six scavengers, of which Rain (Cailee Spaeny) is the lead. Andy (David Jonsson) is Rain’s android brother. The other four scavengers are composed of the tropes that we usually connect with the Alien franchise, except they are much younger than in previous films.

The early reactions also imply that the Facehuggers in “Alien: Romulus” have spiked barbs on their fingers — making the act of face-hugging way more graphic and gruesome. There is some very graphic violence in the film.

Here’s the synopsis, via Perfect Organism Podcast, and I don’t believe it’s been reported by any of the trades yet:

In ‘Alien: Romulus,’ a group of scavengers depart their home planet for an abandoned spaceship, aiming to steal equipment. Unleashing baby Xenos and the fearsome Xenomorph in a gory battle.

“Alien: Romulus” is said to feature a strong female lead and will essentially find the franchise's new Ripley in the form of Cailee Spaeny's Rain. Spaeny will play the “badass” female protagonist who isn't afraid to pick up a gun and blast the xenomorphs.

The film will also act like a bridge between Ridley Scott’s Alien and James Cameron's Aliens — “combining elements of both, marrying the suspenseful horror and high octane action of the two respectively into one thrilling spectacle”.

If you remember, Spaeny had told Variety that ‘Romulus’ takes place between “Alien” and “Aliens,” a time when Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) was adrift in cryosleep:

It’s supposed to slot in between the first movie and the second movie. They brought the same team from ‘Aliens,’ the James Cameron film. The same people who built those xenomorphs actually came on and built ours. So getting to see the original design with the original people who have been working on these films for 45-plus years and has been so much of their life has been really incredible.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Edited by Almodusa
  • Like 3

that teaser was veeeeeerrrryyyyy spoilery but to Fede's credit i like how claustrophobic and dark this one looks , seems to be very inspired by the original which is the best thing they could have done

Prometheus has moments of brilliance but both the setting and the ideas were too big for the constraints of one movie ….. and i like to personally pretend Covenant just doesn't exist 

Obviously I will go and see this, but where is our third instalment in the Prometheus arc? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.