• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• okgo

• fridayteenage

• Broken

• Baby Judas

they bean count actors on hit shows that bring them millions, and then pay millions to hollywood names who no longer have market power.

:skull:

Edited by harwee

ummm, ya'll act like Netflix doesn't do their market/trend research before green-lighting these projects. If they are spending this much money on a romcom it's because there is a market for it. Also Netflix doesn't just exists in the US, they are catering to the global market. 

2 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

and people are gonna forget about it the week after it comes out :pancake:

1 hour ago, Baby Judas said:

Will go #1 for like a week and everyone forgets its existence on week 2. What a waste of money. 

Do y'all know who is Nancy Meyers?

1 minute ago, Eóghan said:

No matter how good this will movie turn out, people will forget it after a week. Just like every other romcom movies in Netflix. 

38 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

hit after hit i'm afraid.

7 hours ago, TheLastChord said:

Who's in charge of making these decisions at Netflix? Because why would you approve a 130m film of what's basically a dead genre?

I am seeing a lot of interest/nostalgia for romcoms online, Netflix probably sensed it too and wants to capitalise.

130m is an obscene amount for a romcom though 

That budget is insane and probably a big part of that will go to Scarlett :rip:, queen better get that cheque tho.

On 3/6/2023 at 11:11 AM, Baby Judas said:

Will go #1 for like a week and everyone forgets its existence on week 2. What a waste of money. 

This :deadbanana2:.

Will they ever learn? :cold2:

Netflix sis :rip:

Next thing: Netflix lays off 5k employees, cancels 20 shows and rises prices over financial crisis. I’d have the CEO fired for greenlighting these decisions if I was an investor. 

Edited by Mr.Link

Netflix budgets are always inflated becasuse stars don't get residules so they have to pay that upfront, that said this is still nuts

Usually action-comedies are high budget (I.e. J.Lo’s Shotgun Wedding had a $65 million budget). But to nearly double that? The film doesn’t sound like an action-comedy but just plan comedy so what do they need all that money for :rip: Is it gonna be CGI?

Their subs were up in the most recent update, though. People complain online but are actually paying up despite them having kind of a wasteland lately. 

Edited by elevate

the fact they cancel almost finished series just for them to announce a $130M rom-com with fassbender (and his allegations)

btadzp49fdea.gif

scarjo and penelopé reuniting after vicki cristina barcelona tho :chick2:

47 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Usually action-comedies are high budget (I.e. J.Lo’s Shotgun Wedding had a $65 million budget). But to nearly double that? The film doesn’t sound like an action-comedy but just plan comedy so what do they need all that money for :rip: Is it gonna be CGI?

it has scarjo, penelope, fassbender & wilson, i'd assume it's for their salaries :skull: 

Edited by Frozen99

48 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

the fact they cancel almost finished series just for them to announce a $130M rom-com with fassbender (and his allegations)

btadzp49fdea.gif

scarjo and penelopé reuniting after vicki cristina barcelona tho :chick2:

it has scarjo, penelope, fassbender & wilson, i'd assume it's for their salaries :skull: 

Watch them cancel some fan favorite shows over it just they can pay the cast salaries. The actors booked aren’t even that groundbreaking. :rip: It’s not like they got Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio or J.Law and Bradley Cooper cast back together in a movie again. Now then I would understand the high budget.

49 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Watch them cancel some fan favorite shows over it just they can pay the cast salaries. The actors booked aren’t even that groundbreaking. :rip: It’s not like they got Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio or J.Law and Bradley Cooper cast back together in a movie again. Now then I would understand the high budget.

nnn not more :rip: agreed, no one really remembers that woody allen flick.. such high budget makes no sense since their chemistry doesn't feel like it could be seat-drawing unlike julia and george's (since their big friends irl). i mean, we saw reese and ashton and how that turned out.

On 3/6/2023 at 9:43 AM, TheLastChord said:

Who's in charge of making these decisions at Netflix? Because why would you approve a 130m film of what's basically a dead genre?

Murder Mystery was huge for them. Granted Jen is queen of romcoms but they’re probably hoping for another big romcom brand

Ridiculous budget so good that they shut it down. Get smaller stars or those willing to take a pay cut. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.