Ed Sheeran - ‘Subtract’

inmymendes

I had no idea he dropped an album until I saw this thread…

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• Aslan

• inmymendes

• Starkboy

At least he will have End Game (Taylor’s Version). :clap3:

Hopefully his stadium tour in the US help with its longevity. 

3 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

At least he will have End Game (Taylor’s Version). :clap3:

hopefully she removes him from that also

is there an I'm a Mess level bop on this album? I'll check that out if there is...

and I thought endless summer vacation and gloria were bombs :bibliahh:

This is honestly a great album and his best to-date. I felt = was pretty underwhelming sans a few songs, but this is pretty damn solid. The end of the standard edition drags with “Vega” through “The Hills of Aberfeldy”, but other than that, it’s fantastic. 

I don’t believe “Eyes Closed” sounds as out of place as many of you claim and it in fact sounds much better in context of the whole project. Granted, it’s a grower but probably not as much as “Bad Habits” was.

The highlights for me are “Life Goes On”, “End of Youth”, “Colourblind”, “Spark”, and “Toughest”.

- >> x >>> +÷=

On 5/6/2023 at 10:08 PM, Dephira said:

Not this coming and going like a Maroon 5 album 

if you're not a fan of his then why do you care?

6 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

and I thought endless summer vacation and gloria were bombs :bibliahh:

why are we comparing albums that are nothing alike? those 2 also at least had smash singles like get it together

Salt Water is the only good song, the rest is meh

Wow i am surprised that i like a lot of songs but highlights for sure are: Curtains, End of Youth, Salt Water and Dusty i keep listening to it everyday since he dropped it good signs maybe it will serve longevity. :clap3:

this is just as bad as his other albums, the terrible mix of evermore’d (but much worse) and Passenger’d songs 

It seems to be rising on Apple Music US daily so that’s a good sign the promotion is working ig :michael:

This album is about death, suicidal thought  and depression. It's not everyone's cup of tea so i doubt it'll have longevity. Still, glad that he got this out of his chest.

UK Midweeks

1. Ed Sheeran (56K)

His last album had sold 106k at this point. Sales down almost 50%.

He’ll be fine.the album is honestly good.

Finally listened to the album.

Salt Water is the best song on the album.  Period. 

It happens to also be the most depressing.  Despite the heavy subject matter, it is very easy to hum along to.  The chorus is so melodic and flows beautifully.  

With all promo of this week don’t be surprised if Ed actually had a bigger 1st week than = (118k debut) he is doing a lot of promo I remember how if work with P!nk predictions increased almost 20k with all promo

Also Ed team pulling some tricks 

+
A limited - on Ed Sheeran digital version on his site 

14 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

With all promo of this week don’t be surprised if Ed actually had a bigger 1st week than = (118k debut) he is doing a lot of promo I remember how if work with P!nk predictions increased almost 20k with all promo

Also Ed team pulling some tricks 

+
A limited - on Ed Sheeran digital version on his site 

The thing is Pink has a more solid fanbase than Ed, I think? I'd love to be wrong though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.