Sabrina Carpenter slays “At Last” Etta James cover @ London Jazz Club

Julia Fox

Her Cheek To Cheek is coming :WAP:

Edited by Julia Fox

10 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Did she just impromptu get onstage and start singing?

Idk but it was a SLAY either way :WAP:

I've always liked Sabrina since her Disney and Girl Meets World days. Is she considered a mpg yet?? I swear I'm so far removed from stan culture these days :gaycat6:

Ot: She sounds really good! 

Edited by dman4life

6 minutes ago, dman4life said:

I've always liked Sabrina since her Disney and Girl Meets World days. Is she considered a mpg yet?? I swear I'm so far removed from stan culture these days :gaycat6:

Ot: She sounds really good! 

No, but she's gaining decent traction. As long as the next album (and its lead) is great then she has a great chance of being a big star

Her debut album was great and showed promise, she made a huge misstep with her last EPs (instead of two 9 track EPs, she should've released just one 10-12 track album). I think she lost a lot of fan interest during that time. 

Her last album was a huge step-up from her EPs and was solid, I know she can do better though... the groundwork is really set for a fantastic third album.

Edited by Saintlor

21 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

huge misstep with her last EPs (instead of two 9 track EPs, she should've released just one 10-12 track album).

It wasn’t two EPS. It was two albums. It was never seen as EPs.

It was part one & part two!

16 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

No, but she's gaining decent traction. As long as the next album (and its lead) is great then she has a great chance of being a big star

Her debut album was great and showed promise, she made a huge misstep with her last EPs (instead of two 9 track EPs, she should've released just one 10-12 track album). I think she lost a lot of fan interest during that time. 

Her last album was a huge step-up from her EPs and was solid, I know she can do better though... the groundwork is really set for a fantastic third album.

She has five albums btw since singulars count as albums lol 

Eyes Wide Open - folk singer songwriter vibe 

EVOLution - pure pop 

singular act 1 - R&B oriented, dark pop vibe

singular act 1 - same as the previous 

emails I can’t send - confessional pop with elements of folk, disco, country and R&B

and yeah I have to agree that she somehow lost a lot of interest on singular despite being good albums and her most commercial appealing era but also she gained a lot of fans (gays and more pop enthusiast to be exact) but I’m glad that Emails I Can’t Send somehow made her be more on the public eye, being respected, acclaimed and gaining even more fans than losing despite having everything to fall into oblivion and flop. I think her next era will be the decisive moment so I know her and her label wants to play the cards rights and they are doing a good work at anticipating everything with Nonsense tbh 

22 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

I think she lost a lot of fan interest during that time. 

I highly doubt that. I think this current era ppl lost interest until nonsense resparked the era. There was a massive break between Skin & the next single. 

3 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

flop. I think her next era will be the decisive moment so I know her and her label wants to play the cards rights

Working with Max Martin is just that :duca:

Massive news! He has only worked with icons & legends! 

1 hour ago, Power love said:

Working with Max Martin is just that :duca:

Massive news! He has only worked with icons & legends! 

The question is will Max prioritise her or not give her his best work

Sabrina needs to avoid working with Julia after her stupid tweets during EICS release week

10 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Sabrina needs to avoid working with Julia after her stupid tweets during EICS release week

What did she say? :bloo:OMG 

4 minutes ago, Power love said:

What did she say? :bloo:OMG 

She made loads of messy and angry tweets at Sabrina’s fans who didn’t like some of the songs (they were doing track by track reviews… fans liked some and disliked others

Julia made some passive aggressive tweets saying she wrote every single one of Sabrina’s songs (even though Sabrina co-writes)

FXzZYqNVEAA-GqH?format=jpg&name=small

FX0GruRUsAANEau?format=jpg&name=360x360

it was messy because she wrote the same tweet multiple times :rip: 

if you want to read more, there is an article here

3 hours ago, Saintlor said:

Oh that's wassup Imma def check her out!

10 minutes ago, dman4life said:

Oh that's wassup Imma def check her out!

You should stream her new album and singular act 1. You’ll probably save a lot of songs from there :WAP:

3 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

You should stream her new album and singular act 1. You’ll probably save a lot of songs from there :WAP:

Perfect choice for a new fan, I was literally going to say the same thing :heart:

3 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

yeah I have to agree that she somehow lost a lot of interest on singular despite being good albums and her most commercial appealing era but also she gained a lot of fans (gays and more pop enthusiast to be exact) but I’m glad that Emails I Can’t Send somehow made her be more on the public eye, being respected, acclaimed and gaining even more fans than losing despite having everything to fall into oblivion and flop. I think her next era will be the decisive moment so I know her and her label wants to play the cards rights and they are doing a good work at anticipating everything with Nonsense tbh 

i think the issue with singular was that it felt like it tried too hard to chase hits and resulted in faceless music that really could’ve been given to any pop girl. there was zero direction in sound or identity and the EPs just sounded like random collections of songs. people connected to Emails because we actually saw Sabrina in it

Edited by Scandalous

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.