P!nk revealed that Madonna originally asked her and Gwen Stefani to be part of VMA 03

ReH2o

In a Wednesday (Feb. 22) radio appearance on KTU 103.5, the “Just Give Me a Reason” singer revealed that the Queen of Pop had actually asked her — and Gwen Stefani, she thinks — to be part of the infamous 2003 spectacle, during which Madonna individually kissed Aguilera and the “Toxic” singer as Justin Timberlake, who had recently split from Spears, looked on from the audience.

“I think we all were [invited],” Pink recalled. “I think Madonna wanted to kiss all of us. I was in Costa Rica at the time, having all kinds of fun with my boyfriend Carey Hart. Gwen Stefani was also invited, I remember. It was a bunch of us.”

“It was going to be a party,” added the pop star, who’s been married to Hart since 2006, grinning slyly. “It would’ve been a really weird party.”

Edited by ReH2o

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• modeblock

• Mystic Boy

• Underdogs

• Sweetestsecret

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We've known this for 2 decades

That's what the president or dude from MTV also said. Originally it wasn't going to be britney or christina, but of course we have a lot of people here who love to rewrite history and wouldn't accept that fact. 

former president of MTV, Van Toffler, previously confirmed the tidbit to Entertainment Weekly in 2012, saying that “it was a long road to get to that Britney and Christina kiss."

"Because they weren't necessarily the first couple of people who were on the hit list,” Toffler said at the time. “This may be the first time it’s revealed, but originally J.Lo was in the mix. That didn't happen.”

Edited by Distantconstellation

We get it. Madonna had a long list :skull:

imagine how that or her and Jlo would've sounded. :rip:

Dr. Alexander

It’s absolutely incredible how there’s numerous versions of this old tale.

I read the other week that she had originally picked JLO, but she was busy doing a film. 

I heard that Eminem was originally going to perform instead of Missy, but he didn't want to shout "yo yo yo who that be!".

16 minutes ago, simon said:

I mean Britney and Christina was the perfect and only logical choice.

Like, for real. Truly the best decision ever. 

She keeps talking about this. Does she have any defining moments in her career?

The grammy performance of her spinning in the air maybe? :rip:

2 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

She keeps talking about this. Does she have any defining moments in her career?

The grammy performance of her spinning in the air maybe? :rip:

What? This is the first time i saw her talk about this ?

And i'm stalking her ...

Edited by lyk251

MadonnasBoyfriend

I remember when I watched her behind the music there not being much to talk about. I remember her talking about kissing the girl from terminator 3 like okay.. i dont rem anyone caring about that enough for a biography :gaycat7:(and Christina beef definitely discussed as a major life event as well 😂 so i figure not so much to ask her about other than "hey can you tell us about that time you almost performed with Madonna??" during new album interview promo time

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.