P!nk supports Madonna over ageism and misogyny: "I want to be nicer"

The Second Coming

Pink thinks Madonna was right to complain about "ageism and misogyny".

The 64-year-old pop icon was subjected to criticism and ridicule over her seemingly-altered appearance at the Grammy Awards, and Pink thinks she was perfectly entitled to voice her frustrations.

The 43-year-old singer told the Sunday Mirror newspaper's No Filter showbiz column: "It’s unfair, it’s always unfair, and it’s ageism. The attitude is no longer that person has been amazing for so long, it’s all about bashing them and I hate it.

"Let’s just give the people the respect they deserve and have earned, and be a bit nicer. Can we all be a bit nicer? I want to be nicer, to myself and others.

"When a person walks out, the first thing I think is not: ‘Holy s*** did you see their face?’ I don’t think like that. I think: ‘Holy s***, that person has been amazing for so long."

Pink made the comments after Madonna claimed that she's being "punished" for her "strong-willed" ways.

Sharing a selection of pictures from the Grammys, Madonna recently wrote on Instagram: "It was an honor for me to Introduce Kim Petras and Sam Smith at the Grammys.

"I had wanted to give the last award which was Album of the year, but I thought it was more important that I present the first trans-woman performing at the Grammys- a History making moment!! And on top of that she won a Grammy!! 

"Instead of focusing on what I said in my speech which was about giving thanks for the fearlessness of artists like Sam and Kim- Many people chose to only talk about Close-up photos of me Taken with a long lens camera By a press photographer that Would distort anyone's face!!

"Once again I am caught in the glare of ageism and misogyny That permeates the world we live in.

"A world that refuses to celebrate women pass the age of 45 And feels the need to punish her If she continues to be strong willed, hard-working and adventurous."

Source

Edited by The Second Coming

"be nicer like me"

Where is this?

I see what you're doing.

Aw, I love P!nk. She's such a wonderful human being as well as an artist.

Remember when she was starstruck by Madonna?

Looked for the part where she said be more like me and instead all I read was a really reasonable statement about ageism. I completely agree. 

11 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

Aw, I love P!nk. She's such a wonderful human being as well as an artist.

Remember when she was starstruck by Madonna?

She always has been such a Madonna fan :clap3: adding it to the OP

Edited by The Second Coming

Like it or not, P!nk always stands for what she believes and speaks them out loud.

:clap3:

i mean in the US ageism seems really a problem in music industry for everyone, not only women. 

In my country the artists with a very long career are always supported by radios..you know biggest our rockstar is Vasco rossi (71 years) and everytime he makes a news song he goes at #1 of airplay or almost there. Same for the foreign pop stars, Madonna has always huge airplay, her song with Maluma was everywhere on radios and on the playlists of every big radio network.

In the Us they don't support Elton John (let's forget about his recent duets with modern young pop stars), Springsteen  and so on from decades even if they have still very solid album sales and they make huge stadium tours. At some point they just stop to support the Billy Joels and they want fresh names and fresh stuff. 

Edited by vale9001

P!nk speaking facts only, lemme stream "My Vietnam" :clap3:

MadonnasBoyfriend
31 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

She didn’t say that at all. Why the lies in the title?

33 minutes ago, Grizzo said:

she never said “be nicer like me”… is this flamebait?

44 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Where is this?

I see what you're doing.

TMZ does this all the time in news topics. Not yall acting brand new. It's basically what she's saying not exactly what she's saying

This sounds like it was written by an AI.

Hey, AI. Write an apology for the GP. As if P!nk has written it.

1 hour ago, The Second Coming said:

She always has been such a Madonna fan :clap3: adding it to the OP

:heart: Did you see her Lucky Star performance?

:rip: You can tell she watched the video a million times like the rest of us.  lol

44 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

TMZ does this all the time in news topics. Not yall acting brand new. It's basically what she's saying not exactly what she's saying

I mean she clearly isn’t insinuating that. Honestly, y’all are something else. 

1 hour ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

She makes it nice :clap3:

as nice as Drunkrinda Medley as well :clap3:

1 hour ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Not u using tmz as an example on how to do anything right lmao

48 minutes ago, naval23 said:

I want to be nicer

Apologize for Stupid Girls then 

For what? For encouraging girls don't dumb themselves down to be cute just to please guys? 

14 minutes ago, Hiphopper said:

For what? For encouraging girls don't dumb themselves down to be cute just to please guys? 

For internalized misogyny- see mocking Paris for a sex tape, dancing in a video next to 50 Cent

18 minutes ago, naval23 said:

For internalized misogyny- see mocking Paris for a sex tape, dancing in a video next to 50 Cent

What part of "don't dumb yourself down for guys" you don't understand??

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

i mean in the US ageism seems really a problem in music industry for everyone, not only women. 

In my country the artists with a very long career are always supported by radios..you know biggest our rockstar is Vasco rossi (71 years) and everytime he makes a news song he goes at #1 of airplay or almost there. Same for the foreign pop stars, Madonna has always huge airplay, her song with Maluma was everywhere on radios and on the playlists of every big radio network.

In the Us they don't support Elton John (let's forget about his recent duets with modern young pop stars), Springsteen  and so on from decades even if they have still very solid album sales and they make huge stadium tours. At some point they just stop to support the Billy Joels and they want fresh names and fresh stuff. 

The US and it’s society are very very toxic. The way society is obsessed when some artists is 20-25 then throw them out after that :skull:

I see it with Shakira, she’s in her mid 40s and smashes everywhere in the planet except in the US.

And is not only in the music industry, everyone in the US is scared of turning 30.

Is kind of like a local disease. 

Edited by Trent W

3 hours ago, The Second Coming said:

The 64-year-old pop icon was subjected to criticism and ridicule over her seemingly-altered appearance at the Grammy Awards, and Pink thinks she was perfectly entitled to voice her frustrations.

The 43-year-old singer told the Sunday Mirror newspaper's No Filter showbiz column: "It’s unfair, it’s always unfair, and it’s ageism. The attitude is no longer that person has been amazing for so long, it’s all about bashing them and I hate it.

"Let’s just give the people the respect they deserve and have earned, and be a bit nicer. Can we all be a bit nicer? I want to be nicer, to myself and others.

"When a person walks out, the first thing I think is not: ‘Holy s*** did you see their face?’ I don’t think like that. I think: ‘Holy s***, that person has been amazing for so long."

Pink made the comments after Madonna claimed that she's being "punished" for her "strong-willed" ways.

Sharing a selection of pictures from the Grammys, Madonna recently wrote on Instagram: "It was an honor for me to Introduce Kim Petras and Sam Smith at the Grammys.

"I had wanted to give the last award which was Album of the year, but I thought it was more important that I present the first trans-woman performing at the Grammys- a History making moment!! And on top of that she won a Grammy!! 

"Instead of focusing on what I said in my speech which was about giving thanks for the fearlessness of artists like Sam and Kim- Many people chose to only talk about Close-up photos of me Taken with a long lens camera By a press photographer that Would distort anyone's face!!

"Once again I am caught in the glare of ageism and misogyny That permeates the world we live in.

"A world that refuses to celebrate women pass the age of 45 And feels the need to punish her If she continues to be strong willed, hard-working and adventurous."

Source

Madonna didn`t complain, she pointed a fact. Press always were hard for her, even when she was married... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.