'Ant-Man Quantumania' swells to franchise record opening of $105M 3-day / $120M 4-day

Broken

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• JBJT2786

• Arcadius

• mystery

Update:

MONDAY AM: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania wound up hitting its $120M tracking projection from four weeks ago. Disney believes this AM that the Peyton Reed Marvel Studios movie will get there. Sunday was higher at $25.7M than the expected $24.2M and Monday is on track for $14.5M for a $120M result. 3-day revised is $105.5M. 

https://deadline.com/2023/02/box-office-ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-opening-1235263086/

:bird:

2 hours ago, Iceland said:

Marvell her artpop era :redface:

No this is phase 5 now, so it’s Joanne :gaygacat1:

No Antman movie ever open anywhere close to this high😆 people just can’t stand Marvel having another massive opening weekend. Finding every excuse they can use, but at the end of the day it’s successful. 

:wanda:Another W

7 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

No Antman movie ever open anywhere close to this high😆 people just can’t stand Marvel having another massive opening weekend. Finding every excuse they can use, but at the end of the day it’s successful. 

:wanda:Another W

quote me when it reaches 600m WW 

Presidents’ Day bump? I know marvel has a lot of brand loyalty so they’re bound to do cute numbers, hope it holds up.  I’m personally going to wait for Disney+.  Their last couple movies have not been theaters worthy tbh.

On 2/19/2023 at 11:32 AM, Bethenny Frankel said:

not it BARELY crossing 100 million and y'all calling this a hit lol

It's not a flop (yet), but I could see a big second weekend dip. In which case it would not be good. Marvel movies seem to be more frontloaded than ever. @Reverse Warholian

On 2/21/2023 at 12:50 PM, Walk_Away21 said:

It's not a flop (yet), but I could see a big second weekend dip. In which case it would not be good. Marvel movies seem to be more frontloaded than ever. @Reverse Warholian

It's pretty much certain. Tuesday is looking like $7M (lowest 1st Tuesday of the series), down over 50% from the holiday Monday (which already had a pretty steep fall). With the same increases as Black Panther (which also opened on the same weekend in 2018), the ceiling for next weekend is about $37M. That's the optimistic scenario IMO. Probably more like $33-34M. But we will see. 

6 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Early $4M Wednesday estimate. This s**t is plummeting so fast my god. :deadbanana4:

:bibliahh:

8 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Early $4M Wednesday estimate. This s**t is plummeting so fast my god. :deadbanana4:

How was Avatar performing as comparison?

2 hours ago, Arcadius said:

How was Avatar performing as comparison?

$14.5M Wednesday. Then holidays started so stellar legs onward, but even then it held incredibly through January/February. 10 wks later, it is still #3 at the daily box office. Should collect another $5M in its 11th weekend. 

Just realising no film in history has ever dropped down to a $4M Wednesday after opening to $100M+. Until now. Yikes. 

Edited by BNF91

A friend asked me to go so I went to watch it and it was horrible. MCU films have really nose dived in quality 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.