• Hector

• storminthedark

• Green

12 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Yeah BTS can be number 1. Let's see

Why? Jay Chou's album sold 7M+ in China, that's why he's here

Midnights sold like 600K in China during 2022... That should help a lot 

12 minutes ago, Feanor said:

BTS is also massive in China iirc, so this can also be in favor of them.

Proof sold 96k, they didn't have a massive year in China at all

Jay Chou can take #1 album, it's super gigantic in China

Just now, Cloröx said:

Jay Chou can take #1 album, it's super gigantic in China

Pure sales yeah, not sure about overall though

Harry only #8 after the huge year he's had :eek: Yeah, pure sales are definitely weighed more than streams. 

Harry is very low because his entire album was carried by AIW (plus he only has two catalogue projects) 

1 minute ago, Hector said:

Harry only #8 after the huge year he's had :eek: Yeah, pure sales are definitely weighed more than streams. 

He doesn't have a huge catalog yet so I'm not surprised honestly

1 minute ago, YellowRibbon said:

Harry is very low because his entire album was carried by AIW (plus he only has two catalogue projects) 

Nah his album was a smash overall. All songs are over 100m streams. Very few artist have achieved that 

Just now, Green said:

If Harry is so low then that means Bad Bunny is OUT of the top 10 again?  :deadbanana2:

UVST was way bigger though :skull: 

2 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

All of the tracks are Gold eligible, LNT is approaching 600m streams, all tracks are over 100m streams, with 2 nearing 300m :rip: HsH is on par streaming wise with the standard version of Midnights after 10 months of release...

2 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

HsH is on par streaming wise with the standard version of Midnights after 10 months of release...

No it's not. It recently got a boost from the Grammys that will be offset by Taylor's tour. HH is at 4.6B after 10 months with a huge pre-release single while Midnights is at 3.6B after 4 months

I'm fearing that Bad Bunny could be out again. :gaycat6:

The only non-Asian acts who reasonably can still make it are Drake, The Weeknd, Taylor and him. I don't think anyone else has a chance.

That leaves at minimum 4 Asian acts for the rest of the list, and Jay Chou already has one slot. There were 4 major K-Pop acts who sold over 4M in pure sales last year, so either one of them misses, or they all make it, which means one of the above gets kicked out, and Bad Bunny is the weakest of those 4 since he never made the list to begin with… :gaycat7:

6 minutes ago, Green said:

If Harry is so low then that means Bad Bunny is OUT of the top 10 again?  :deadbanana2:

I feel like this year they're definitely reporting his units correctly

I think he'll be no.1 or no.2 

When Taylor is no.3 :redface:

Just now, JawBreaker said:

I feel like this year they're definitely reporting his units correctly

I think he'll be no.1 or no.2 

When Taylor is no.3 :redface:

No way, Taylor has a huge catalog + Red TV still sold a lot in 2022

8 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

All of the tracks are Gold eligible, LNT is approaching 600m streams, all tracks are over 100m streams, with 2 nearing 300m :rip: HsH is on par streaming wise with the standard version of Midnights after 10 months of release...

The entire album is at 4.6B streams on Spotify but AIW is literally 40% of its total streams count (~2B)... I don't think that's a healthy single/album ratio lol...

They sold 5.837M physical albums in Korea so not surprised. Only BTS sold more albums than them this year. 

I wonder if BLACKPINK still have a chance with their 2.825M pure albums sold & streams. 

Seems like some acts that would usually make the top 10 won't be doing so this year. I'll be really surprised if Bad Bunny misses the top 10 yet again after doing so from 2018-2021. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.