Pharrell set to take Virgil Abloh's role as Louis Vuitton’s menswear designer

okgo

Good for him, but does he know anything about fashion?

I can't understand why some random celebrities think they can have a fashion clothing line if they never even studied fashion in the first place. Sure, it's profitable, but still...

9 minutes ago, Myah Marie said:

Good for him, but does he know anything about fashion?

I can't understand why some random celebrities think they can have a fashion clothing line if they never even studied fashion in the first place. Sure, it's profitable, but still...

It's one thing to start your own line but another thing completely to take over one of the most iconic fashion houses of all time. I'm really surprised by this tbh

Virgil, despite his talent, turned LV into a brand that’s mostly about logos and clout.  No one who shops at LV does so because they care about materials, tailoring, silhouette, etc… they just want the brand association and that’s it.  Pharrell is all of this and doesn’t know anything about making clothes, so yea, makes sense.  I guess this finally means Channel will stop terrorizing us with random Pharrell collabs where he just makes everything red and puffy.

I liked what he did with the Adidas brand. I think he could have a good impact on LV Menswear.

ageless legend won

atrl lost!

2 hours ago, bync said:

:ahh: this immediately came to mind

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

It's one thing to start your own line but another thing completely to take over one of the most iconic fashion houses of all time. I'm really surprised by this tbh

Yea, P has always liked fashion but I don't know how that translates to him being equipped to run an existing entire sector of a fashion house. 

1 hour ago, Archetype said:

Virgil, despite his talent, turned LV into a brand that’s mostly about logos and clout.  No one who shops at LV does so because they care about materials, tailoring, silhouette, etc… they just want the brand association and that’s it.  Pharrell is all of this and doesn’t know anything about making clothes, so yea, makes sense.  I guess this finally means Channel will stop terrorizing us with random Pharrell collabs where he just makes everything red and puffy.

perhaps you're right. I wonder is he just gonna be a "figurehead" or have day to day design duties and actually run the operation with a team under him. I'm sure such a responsibility can take up a lot of one's time. What's gonna happen with his music career?

1 hour ago, BloodLuster said:

too bad Kanye is completely out of his mind cause this was made for him.

baby Kanye is punching the air right now. He's probably about to talk so much **** about P to anyone that will listen lol there were loud whispers about Ye being jealous of Virgil when he was alive and had his post at LV despite him smiling in his face.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

9 hours ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

perhaps you're right. I wonder is he just gonna be a "figurehead" or have day to day design duties and actually run the operation with a team under him. I'm sure such a responsibility can take up a lot of one's time. What's gonna happen with his music career?

Honestly what even is the state of Pharrell’s music career in 2023?  I think he’s done with music for a long time.  As for day to day duties, he’s basically going to do nothing while his team of designers come up with every idea and he just points to one.  This is sort of weird bc Kanye was originally in talks for this position before Virgil was in the picture, but it was crazy back then for someone without a fashion background to get the position.  Now it’s suddenly okay and here we are :rip:

3 hours ago, Archetype said:

Honestly what even is the state of Pharrell’s music career in 2023?  I think he’s done with music for a long time.  As for day to day duties, he’s basically going to do nothing while his team of designers come Hideup with every idea and he just points to one.  This is sort of weird bc Kanye was originally in talks for this position before Virgil was in the picture, but it was crazy back then for someone without a fashion background to get the position.  Now it’s suddenly okay and here we are :rip:

?? :toofunny2: he's peaked commercially, more than once, but Pharrell stays booked and busy behind a switchboard somewhere off his name/status alone. I think we forget that he is primarily a record producer, despite his handful of artist credit hits over the years. Been at this for pretty much 30 years.

Also, I forgot that he actually did a collaboration with LV back in the day so the rapport with the company was already there. I think both he and 'ye wanted the job but Kanye is obviously never getting it now. I'll be shocked if he doesn't say anything about this news lol.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

Louis Vuitton is tacky nowadays, nothing more than a status symbol. Besides Balenciaga that carried the designer athleisure trend, a lot of brands tried to hop on and didn't make the same impact. If Pharrell plans to introduce more of the same he's gonna run LV men into the ground. 

17 hours ago, bync said:

This
These fake creative directors don't even do anyting. The team just presents some ideas and they choose what they like. This is just big PR

did he even have any an actual clothing lines other than those crossover collabs :rip: like is he just being a so-called "creative directors" as the face front because he's famous and has connections? :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.