Elon Musk considering removing the option to 'block' accounts on Twitter

Communion

He's crumbling! :bibliahh:

51 minutes ago, Nano said:

Do it. People need to learn that words on the internet can't hurt them.

23 minutes ago, Nano said:

And you think woke echo chambers are going to make humanity better?

Didn't you once tell me to stop quoting you and that you were putting me on ignore for pointing out that Israel is an apartheid state? :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

44 minutes ago, Sscorpionn said:

Can someone start twitter 2.0 already? I’m tired of this clown and his attention seeking antics :rip:

I think Trump made one

ot: ok what u want me to do with that?

I'm okay with this :clap3:

Now allow public users to see private replies to their tweets :ducky:

Edited by flashdagoat

20 minutes ago, Communion said:

Didn't you once tell me to stop quoting you and that you were putting me on ignore for pointing out that Israel is an apartheid state? :deadbanana4:

Not me. I don't have anyone on ignore and never tell anyone to stop talking to me. If I didn't want to be quoted I wouldn't be posting on a message board.

And Israel isn't an apartheid state.

1 hour ago, Nano said:

Do it. People need to learn that words on the internet can't hurt them.

You consistently have the absolute worst takes on anything related to Elon Musk :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

How do you still have internet reception from the inside of Musk's assh*le?? :deadbanana:

:skull:

Anyway it would Iconic if they had a feature that counts how many people blocked you,the chaos :gaycat1:

4 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

My timeline has literally been the most dead it’s ever been and I’ve been having to resort to the For You tab to see things to see posts from outside who I follow. 

Go back to this time last year and I was never able to catch up on my timeline following latest tweets. Why do you think Twitter now forces you to have both rather than just picking one? :mandown:

One is equivalent to a ‘feed’ and the other is to ‘explore’…? This option is available on all major SM platforms, twitter seems just to catch-up, reinforcing the notion that the old staff were in fact lazy slobs :michael:

1 minute ago, Zoomer said:

One is equivalent to a ‘feed’ and the other is to ‘explore’…? This option is available on all major SM platforms, twitter seems just to catch-up, reinforcing the notion that the old staff were in fact lazy slobs :michael:

I feel like the rest of my post was disregarded. We always had these options but we would switch between them. 

Twitter used to be so active that you could stay on Latest Tweets and get a flow of stuff. Now it’s literally so slow that to try and boost engagement they are pushing the For You tab as default. Which includes a ton of posts from people you don’t even follow in order to make the feed feel “more active”. 

1 minute ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I feel like the rest of my post was disregarded. We always had these options but we would switch between them. 

Twitter used to be so active that you could stay on Latest Tweets and get a flow of stuff. Now it’s literally so slow that to try and boost engagement they are pushing the For You tab as default. Which includes a ton of posts from people you don’t even follow in order to make the feed feel “more active”. 

I’m sorry,  wasn’t meant to feel disregarded. I felt it was a subjective issue, perhaps you follow a lot of people who have deep hatred for Elon and decided to stop using twitter once he bought it.
But for me I haven’t noticed a difference in my feed activity, if anything it went up. 

As for the ‘for you’ tab, they managed to filter the tweets that shows on your feed. I remember (even before twitter 2.0) seeing tweets based on what my followers ‘likes’ AND tweets of my followers all under one tab, now they’ve separated them into two categories, which I find convenient.

Well, h needs to be able to impose his useless thoughts on people somehow.

The point of conservatism is the same with all forms of being an ass, you must have an active audience. If no one is there to oppose them they wiher and realize that their biggest fear, having to look themselves in the mirror, reveals what they thought of themselves was always true; that their existence is meaningless.

People oppose blocks because it stops their targets from being targets, they cease to exist to them and that's a BIG problem when your entire persona requires people to see you.

Wait. Didn't he just block Kanye West after unblocking him when he immediately started spreading anti-Semitism?

LMAO he comes off as someone who tries to use "big words" no one understands in order to seem smart. None of what he's saying makes any sense.

9 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Wait. Didn't he just block Kanye West after unblocking him when he immediately started spreading anti-Semitism?

he suspended Kanye, blocking someone is different

16 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

he suspended Kanye, blocking someone is different

Isn't there the same sentiment behind these two actions

Apple and Google would simply remove the app from their stores. They're very strict with social media apps; every single app must offer the user the ability to block AND report any content they deem offensive to them. This rule also applies to literally any app that might have user-generated content (for instance: UberEats with user reviews).

hes scrambling to keep this beyond over **** alive :deadbanana4:

22 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Isn't there the same sentiment behind these two actions

as a user you can block whomever you wish, which ellon is complaining about because it affects post engagements which means less money for twitter. you cant suspend an individual yourself as a user, you can only report them and most of the time that does nothing unless the person being reported is being mass reported

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.