Are cheap wigs in movies distracting annoying ugly and fake looking? Any examples?

MadonnasBoyfriend

MadonnasBoyfriend

Pay me millions they do whatever they want with my hair 💇 no need for that phony looking thing.. Are actors so privlaged and spoiled they can't put a little nice and easy in their hair for a few months? Jamie Lee Curtis wig in Halloween is amazing and looks real. The guy that makes them does them strand by strand and it was reused on Gwendolyn Shamblin, Starving for Salvation in the first scene. Why can't they all be good wigs?

btw here is that article about The wig in Halloween ends and how it was made and reused for the iconic lifetime film Starving For Salvation!

https://ew.com/tv/gwen-shamblin-lifetime-movie-jenniver-grey-wig-jamie-lee-curtis/

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

Marvel has terrible wigs all around, but the ones on Multiverse of Madness were beyond terrible and distracting.

The girl who wore one in Dopesick was distracting

NOC Interview: Will Poulter and Phillipa Soo Talk 'Dopesick' – The Nerds of  Color

Julianna Marguiles wore one in The Good Wife. She it was because she didn't want to spend hours in hair and make-up every morning.

The Good Wig: Looking back at 'The Good Wife' through Julianna Margulies'  wigs | The Seattle Times

4 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Yes. But bad wigs have always been more common than good ones. HD just makes them more apparent.

Tea

I never understood why is it so hard for them to hire someone who knows how to work with wigs? When done correctly it should look like it grows from your scalp. 

39 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

also almost every twilight film has some phenomenally bad wigs in it

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ehisosifo1/ranking-every-wig-in-twilight-saga

came here to say Eclipse! Kristen talks about how much she hates that wig in the audio commentary and the bluntness always cracks me up 

1 hour ago, orange22 said:

FaYrtd8UEAAn_yR?format=jpg&name=medium

maybe they were trying to distract from how out of these supposed 14 year olds, she was the only one who looked like one while her underlings were all clearly drinking age :gaycat1:

her fellow gaga is older than actual gaga

3548154f2771be06fcf1aa317839dfe816-19-pr

Edited by fridayteenage

5 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

maybe they were trying to distract from how out of these supposed 14 year olds, she was the only one who looked like one while her underlings were all clearly drinking age :gaycat1:

her fellow gaga is older than actual gaga

3548154f2771be06fcf1aa317839dfe816-19-pr

I always thought it was weird how old those girls were :dies: and Sasha was eating them up in every scene 

I refused to watch The Good Wife because of how horrible her wig was. 

MadonnasBoyfriend
4 minutes ago, Morissette said:

I refused to watch The Good Wife because of how horrible her wig was. 

This is why I refuse to watch that game of thrones show. Stupid cheap ugly ass white fake wigs :jonny6:

yes and netflixs the king of that

also bad make up in most of their series specially teen ones

The Targaryen wigs on HBO. Especially the platinum mop they threw on Matt Smith. 

MadonnasBoyfriend
4 hours ago, DUA LIPA said:

777e1b0b13cd6b24c420f578e005fb2c.jpg

:biblio:

also almost every twilight film has some phenomenally bad wigs in it

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ehisosifo1/ranking-every-wig-in-twilight-saga

like seriously would it have killed her to get this haircut for real :biblio:nooo we have to look at fake looking wig. Really its like they insult our intelligence tbh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.