Madonna's Sorry in HD now, 17th anniversary appreciation thread

The Second Coming

her last great era

i know she still has it in her to give us another one :jonny5:

I love the song! I always preferred it over Hung Up tbh :heart:

The way Warner FORCED her to release this as a single and make a video for it against her wishes and she still made another masterpiece. The direct sequel/extension to the Hung Up plot was genius and high-key better.

I love the song. I still prefer Jump though.

10 hours ago, Katamari said:

her last great era

i know she still has it in her to give us another one :jonny5:

Rebel Heart, Madame X sweeties...

8 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

The way Warner FORCED her to release this as a single and make a video for it against her wishes and she still made another masterpiece. The direct sequel/extension to the Hung Up plot was genius and high-key better.

It's a bop. She looks even better in this video than in Hung Up tbh :loki: but overall the Confessions videos are not the tea even the pink leotard has become part of her iconic imaginary.

I know this will sound petty, but the original aspect ratio of this video is 4:3, not 16:9 :coffee2:

12 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

What would she have released instead? Sorry was the perfect second single and easily the best song on the album (behind Get Together, but that song isn’t as single worthy) 

12 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

The way Warner FORCED her to release this as a single and make a video for it against her wishes 

I didnt know this! What song did she want to release instead?

5 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

What would she have released instead? Sorry was the perfect second single and easily the best song on the album (behind Get Together, but that song isn’t as single worthy) 

Iirc she called the song silly and doesn’t understand why people like it that much and even said she feels r-worded singing it. :rip: She mentioned Future Lovers being her favorite song from the album. 

5 hours ago, The Second Coming said:

Rebel Heart, Madame X sweeties...

It's a bop. She looks even better in this video than in Hung Up tbh :loki: but overall the Confessions videos are not the tea even the pink leotard has become part of her iconic imaginary.

Faz Gostoso was never a single so that already knocks it out of the running but MX did get close I agree 

She looks stunning! Those eyes and lashes in HD :heart2:

2 hours ago, Homebrand said:

2 hours ago, getBusy said:

I didnt know this! What song did she want to release instead?

I believe she intended for Get Together to be the 2nd single. She performed the hell out of it during the Confessions promo tour.

The amount of times she performed Sorry during this time even after it was a single: zero. 

A masterpiece :clap3: 

to my recollection, Sorry was picked as the 2nd single before the album was even released.  Future Lovers was her favorite, but that doesn't mean she viewed it worthy as a single.  Did Get Together even go for adds on Pop radio?  I know they pushed Jump on Hot AC.

How could she ever hate this song :jonny: That single guitar lick repeating in the chorus really scratches an itch in my brain

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.