Hot 100 predictions 02/18/2023: Miley 4x #1, Morgan #3, Beyonce coming for top 5

Sweetestsecret

21 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

So far Last Night hasn't dented Country Airplay Charts. Thought You Should Know is #3 BB & MB, You Proof just went RC (still enough audience to rank within Top 10 though) & One Thing At A Time is #48 BB only. I wonder why LN has exploded?

People like it... Is doing extremely well since release and that early in your run you dont really need airplay

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• Virtual_Insanity

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

1 hour ago, Capruni said:

Well, If she manages to sell more than 70k, Isn’t it enough to push “Cuff It” to #1, considering its radio numbers & streams?

No. But yeah top 5. The top 2 are certainly too strong. Or it would have to be a lot more than 70k

10 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

No. But yeah top 5. The top 2 are certainly too strong. Or it would have to be a lot more than 70k

Wow, website sales always making tracking weeks be more exciting!

5 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Add to that the insane touring success already and you truly get why the LMs are experiencing stroke-like mannerisms and behaviors

7VYeNOh.gif

You shouldn’t get bothered from other fan bases. I’m a monster and I’m really happy for all the success and the smashes all those ladies are having. Hitting an artist’s achievements just because is silly enough. 

36 minutes ago, Green said:

Probably top 5 or top 3

To have a chance for #1 it would need over 200k sales

Omg, Cuff It would’ve been a cute #1 after all!

As I said, I will believe it when I see it. I highly doubt that a 2nd single that's been out for months is suddenly going to do 70k+ sales. The only songs in recent memory that got high sales (Anti-Hero and Flowers) did so in their first few weeks. The only thing comparable is Industry Baby, and that one only did about 35k sales.

A streaming poison doing 7M+ for current album 6 months later? I thought she's over after The Gift?

OT: Good job queen :clap3:she's never promoting ever again I'm afraid. 

7 minutes ago, Gangbaby said:

You shouldn’t get bothered from other fan bases. I’m a monster and I’m really happy for all the success and the smashes all those ladies are having. Hitting an artist’s achievements just because is silly enough. 

Yeap. No one should be bother. 

I wish you would advice your fellow LM on daily streaming thread though. 

2 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

I see nonsense coming from all the fan bases… People can talk s*** way too easy this times… anyway! Back to B, even tho I haven’t connected with Renaissance, can’t wait to see her live at the London shows with my coworkers. I like the theme of the album and I admire the idea around it. Hope you guys can snatch tickets also. Have fun

8 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

It goes both ways..

OT: Congrats :clap3:

18 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

As I said, I will believe it when I see it. I highly doubt that a 2nd single that's been out for months is suddenly going to do 70k+ sales. The only songs in recent memory that got high sales (Anti-Hero and Flowers) did so in their first few weeks. The only thing comparable is Industry Baby, and that one only did about 35k sales.

Anti-Hero jumped for the same reason though. People thinking they get presale access for touring tickets. And Beyonce apparently even stated that

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

“Watermelon Sugar” bounds 9-1 on the Digital Song Sales chart, up 614% to 63,000 

Watermelon Sugar was a sales, radio and a streaming smash, a song known and loved by the GP, unlike songs like cardigan, willow, ATW that went #1 thanks to cheap tactics, so why are you exactly bringing it up?

7 hours ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

Basically. This is why her mere existence gets people pissy lol. How can she lose when she already chose? :alexz:

... like? 

9 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Anti-Hero jumped for the same reason though. People thinking they get presale access for touring tickets. And Beyonce apparently even stated that

The difference is that Anti-Hero was the lead single of an album that had been recently released. Cuff It is a 2nd single from an album that had been released 6 months ago, and the song was sent to radio almost 5 months ago. The fact that Beyonce is encouraging this makes it worse. Billboard needs to tighten the rules on sales/mid-week releases. If UGC streams do not count on the Hot 100 (I still think this is messed up), then mass sales from people thinking they get presale access for touring tickets shouldn't count either.

9 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

And Beyonce apparently even stated that

4 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

The fact that Beyonce is encouraging this makes it worse. Billboard needs to tighten the rules on sales/mid-week releases. If UGC streams do not count on the Hot 100 (I still think this is messed up), then mass sales from people thinking they get presale access for touring tickets shouldn't count either.

Beyoncé did no such thing. :rip:

50 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Beyoncé did no such thing. :rip:

Right. The Hive on TikTok/Twitter made it a thing to increase sales. Fortunately, Beyoncé is so in demand for the tour some people fell for it LMAO. But either way, the remix has been viral for a long time and people have been begging for it. People miss R&Bey. I think it was just perfect coincidences. 

8 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

Watermelon Sugar was a sales, radio and a streaming smash, a song known and loved by the GP, unlike songs like cardigan, willow, ATW that went #1 thanks to cheap tactics, so why are you exactly bringing it up?

Because the topic was songs that had a massive sales increase late in their run?

Your trolling is so terrible :dies:

5 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Because the topic was songs that had a massive sales increase late in their run?

Your trolling is so terrible :dies:

He brought up Harry when his own fave did the same thing, that was my point. Why Harry  :deadvision:

Edited by Hot Volcano

22 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

He brought up Harry when his own fave did the same thing, that was my point. Why Harry  :deadvision:

But where was Harry criticised or anything :dies:

The topic was songs having a big sales spike late in their run and an example was given. I dont think Taylor ever had that, so she wasnt mentioned

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

But where was Harry criticised or anything :dies:

The topic was songs having a big sales spike late in their run and an example was given. I dont think Taylor ever had that, so she wasnt mentioned

Like Watermelon Sugar literally applies to this situation. Steaming Volcano could’ve at least tried

4 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

The difference is that Anti-Hero was the lead single of an album that had been recently released. Cuff It is a 2nd single from an album that had been released 6 months ago, and the song was sent to radio almost 5 months ago. The fact that Beyonce is encouraging this makes it worse. Billboard needs to tighten the rules on sales/mid-week releases. If UGC streams do not count on the Hot 100 (I still think this is messed up), then mass sales from people thinking they get presale access for touring tickets shouldn't count either.

You absolutely just made this up.

She released a remix and saw a boost in the songs performance from the GRAMMYs.  Who cares what people "think", no where does it state on her website that you got a presale code from buying the song. 

11 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

Watermelon Sugar was a sales, radio and a streaming smash

i was responding to " I highly doubt that a 2nd single that's been out for months is suddenly going to do 70k+ sales."

Sales:

outside of that one week, peaked at #8

Streaming:

#12 peak

IDK if #8/#12 is a SMASH, but you do you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.