Squid Game: The Challenge - And the winner is...

Genius1111

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• X~MoviePoP

• fais_2311

• G.U.Y

John says he experienced dizziness and a “banging headache” while playing the game: “This game was no longer fun or respectable to those of a certain age. It went beyond being a game,” he says. “But I thought, ‘You know what? It’s $4.56 million. I can do this.’”

Until he couldn’t.

“Imagine you’re playing ‘Red Light Green Light’ for six hours. What game is that? This isn’t a game. The fun is now gone. You can’t tell people they have to stand in below freezing temperatures in just a tracksuit and two pairs of socks. Come on.”

When the show’s giant killer doll stopped singing, they had to freeze in position — but what began as the promised two-minute wait was quickly bumped up to 10 and then 15 minutes. Marlene says she counted a 26-minute wait during one round. (Sources close to the production say the wait time increased to allow independent adjudicators to assess the gameplay.)

“The second time the song played, I saw in my left peripheral vision that this girl was swaying. Then she just buckled, and you could hear her head actually hit the ground,” says Marlene. “But then someone came on the [microphone] and said to hold our positions because the game is not paused. After that, people were dropping like flies.” Marlene estimates that around four people fainted. (Netflix has said that three people required medical attention.)

After medics were called for the “eleventh” time, estimates Marlene, “they started giving us relaxation breaks. They said, ‘Don’t move your feet, but if you want to bend your knees, and move your arms around, you can.’”

Jenny, a player from outside the U.K. who had been flown in for the game, tells Variety: “I’m infuriated by the narrative that Netflix is putting out there, that only [a few] people were injured…we were all injured just by going through that experience.

“I’ve never been that cold for that long a period in my life. We couldn’t feel our feet or our toes. It was ridiculous,” she says. Jenny also claims that while the game was in production, restroom or water breaks weren’t allowed.

“Take some responsibility for the fact that you were ill-prepared for this kind of thing, with this number of people,” continues Jenny, between tears. “There were some things I guess [producers] didn’t think about, but when they saw the weather was going to be that way, they should have made adjustments.”

Sources close to production deny that medics were called eleven times, and have indicated that prohibiting breaks during filming is standard. There has not been any official comment from Netflix on how long players were asked to go without toilet or water breaks.

But inherent to the commission, notes one unscripted producer, is the tension that people actually die in the drama, “so everyone will be looking at how far you’ll push the contributors. If people don’t die, will it ever come close? That could be incredibly successful, or it could easily go wrong.”

“The application process was unlike anything I’ve ever done,” says Jenny. “The background checks and psychological checks…they were emailing, calling or texting me every day from October to January. The people I communicated with at Studio Lambert were so kind and supportive. I was thinking, ‘This is gonna be a great experience; these are great folks!’

“But once the game started, I said, ‘What happened to these people? What happened to them caring about us?’”

Edited by Genius1111

1 hour ago, krustysalt said:

They wouldn't last a day in Survivor

:gaycat1:

18 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Well, what the hell were they expecting with that source material? :skull:

maybe the cast is overly heavy with wannabe influencers trying to get some fame. it's 4 million+ dollars, and you have people going "What happened to these people? What happened to them caring about us?"

Edited by fridayteenage

They thought :ahh:

They should make #NetflixStopBeingGreedy challenge tbh.

Sounds like they really didn’t think the challenges through

7 hours ago, KingWitch said:

A fad . S2 will be the Happier Than Ever to their When We Fall Asleep era :giraffe:

this is about a spin-off reality show based on the original series, not the actual upcoming Squid Game season, which has yet to be released.

Lmao the contestants shouldnt have signed on thinking it was gonna be butterflies and rainbows

10 hours ago, ItsJustMe. said:

they knew what they signed up for

hopefully netflix pulls thru

not here for some watered down version

This

Why are they asking them to stand for so long? Not even in the actually staged version did the actors suffer that much… this screams horrible production but not like anyone should expected otherwise from a terrible idea like this…

• 9 months later...

Not the guy literally shaking, crying and vomiting over the honeycomb game. :hoetenks:

I binge watched the first episodes today and I really enjoyed it. It’s really well done.  The sets are amazing! 

Edited by FameFatale

I’m screaming everytime the ink pack exploded and they pretended to die :bibliahh:

But it’s very entertaining

The drama before the dalgona game start. Even better than the series actually. 

15 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

Not the guy literally shaking, crying and vomiting over the honeycomb game. :hoetenks:

He's kinda cute tbh. I would give me a pity BJ. He deserved it. :giraffe:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.