Most ridiculous Grammy snubs of all-time?

KatyPrismSpirit

JustLikeHoney
4 hours ago, Power love said:

What were the albums of the year nods them years? 

Eminem - The Eminem Show 

Nelly - Nellyville 

Norah Jones - Come Away with Me (winner)

Dixie Chicks - Home 

Bruce Springsteen - The Rising 

Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way (Winner)

John Mayer - Continuum

Justin Timberlake - Future Sex Love Sounds 

Gnarles Barkley - St Elsewhere 

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Mystic Boy

• Anye

• dabunique

JustLikeHoney

Katy for Roar or Dark Horse were snubs.

Honestly Arcade Fire wining over Eminem, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Lady A was not only a snub but hysterical. Anyone else should have won. But that pop fan vote of Grammy voters was split too many ways. 

1 hour ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Eminem - The Eminem Show 

Nelly - Nellyville 

Norah Jones - Come Away with Me (winner)

Dixie Chicks - Home 

Bruce Springsteen - The Rising 

Both Avril & Xtina deserved a slot.

6 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Is that a rule?? Only applies if the album won ??

example how did Doja Cat Woman is nominated this year?? 

It's the rule iirc.

"A track or single from a previous year’s album is eligible in the General, Pop, Dance/Electronic  Music, Gospel/CCM, Rock, R&B, Rap, Country, and American Roots Music Fields, provided the  recording was not entered as a track or single the previous year and provided the album did not win  a GRAMMY in a performance Category. (Best New Artist is not a performance Category; therefore,  singles from the previous year’s album are eligible in cases where an artist received the Best New Artist award for that album.)"

3 hours ago, Henry Torres said:

The most obvious one, Britney not winning Best New Artist but Xtina :rip:

:toofunny3:

"Chilling With You" being snubbed for Best Pop Collaboration while at it? :skull:

9 hours ago, Henry Torres said:

The most obvious one, Britney not winning Best New Artist but Xtina :rip:

The predictions and odds were favoring Xtina, what snubs were you talking about?

I have noticed that the Grammy's seem to be far more embracing of pop music in the last decade than previous ones. They'd snub some pretty big pop hits and albums, which they are now nominating

4 minutes ago, Anye said:

The predictions and odds were favoring Xtina, what snubs were you talking about?

it definitely wasnt a snub. Christina arguably is the more talented one and she had like 3 #1 hits at the time from her debut album and more top 10 hits too

On 2/3/2023 at 11:13 PM, sxhunluv said:

When they passed on Kendrick's gkmc and gave the ******* award to MACKLEMORE. They lost me after that. 

This always surprises me because it was a genre category which means its the hiphop community that was voting. How could Kendrick’s own community let him down like that? I can understand the loss in general field since that’s open to the entire voting body. 

6 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

it definitely wasnt a snub. Christina arguably is the more talented one and she had like 3 #1 hits at the time from her debut album and more top 10 hits too

Yet they’re still trying to diminish her early success and the “GRaMmY doEsnt maTTER!!” and still crying about it two decades later :rip:

Demi Lovato's Anyone getting 0 noms the same year Bieber snatched categories left and right with Yummy. :rip:

15 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Demi Lovato's Anyone getting 0 noms the same year Bieber snatched categories left and right with Yummy. :rip:

i found that crazy too. especially since her magnificent performance of that song a ceremony before. that year’s nominations were literally a mess :gaycat7:

Summer walker snubbed

The weeknd snubbed

Fiona Apple no AOTY nom

Rina Sawayama snubbed

Jessie Ware snubbed

Fka twigs snubbed for Magdalene 

Whew i get angered again

The Deborah Cox “One Wish/Nobody’s Supposed To Be Here” snubs. 

Diana Ross and Brian McKnight not having any Grammys. 

Vanessa Williams losing to Eric Clapton for ROTY. 

On 2/5/2023 at 12:10 AM, Bey'Knight said:

This always surprises me because it was a genre category which means its the hiphop community that was voting. How could Kendrick’s own community let him down like that? I can understand the loss in general field since that’s open to the entire voting body. 

I've always said, people appreciated Macklemore's more unique take on the genre (Thrift Shop) and the risks he took (Same Love, etc.).  Kendrick made a good album, but it was your typical "rags to riches" hood story. 

WWAFAWDWG winning over NFR was not ideal but i get it, it was great album

the real snub was divide by ed sheeran winning over lust for life on pop vocal 

25 minutes ago, punisher said:

WWAFAWDWG winning over NFR was not ideal but i get it, it was great album

the real snub was divide by ed sheeran winning over lust for life on pop vocal 

+ Shape of You over Praying was the WORST decision in history

4 hours ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

I've always said, people appreciated Macklemore's more unique take on the genre (Thrift Shop) and the risks he took (Same Love, etc.).  Kendrick made a good album, but it was your typical "rags to riches" hood story. 

This. The Macklemore album was everywhere, I remember I'd just hear people playing it from their cars in parking lots and just chilling :skull: The Kendrick one I don't remember.

On 2/3/2023 at 5:09 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

i'll start

Lionel Richies forgotten can't slow down album winning album of the year over PURPLE RAIN by Prince... literally shameless. 

Forgotten by who?

by people who weren't even alive back then lol

Yall are so cute complaining about pop star “snubs” or whatever. By far the most egregious stain against the academy is the fact that ARETHA ******* FRANKLIN has ZERO general field nominations.

Mariah in 1991 losing to Quincy tribute album bc of his name. 

Mariah shut out in 1996. I’m not reopening AOTY - people are fiercely split on that, but she deserved at least 2-3 that night.

Mariah losing to U2 in 2006 for song and album of the year categories. The worst offense :rip: 

Grammy disrespect to her, Madonna, Beyonce, Janet, Aretha will always be disgusting. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.