Most ridiculous Grammy snubs of all-time?

KatyPrismSpirit

i'll start

Lionel Richies forgotten can't slow down album winning album of the year over PURPLE RAIN by Prince... literally shameless. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Mystic Boy

• Anye

• dabunique

1 minute ago, magazine said:

Glory by Britney Spears!

i said modt ridiculous, not most justified!

Irreplaceable (Norteña Remix) at Latin Grammys

Edited by unclefloprry

When they passed on Kendrick's gkmc and gave the ******* award to MACKLEMORE. They lost me after that. 

Rihanna with anti

Mother f******* LANA 

Avril Lavigne 2002-2007

"Blinding Lights" - one of the most universally beloved hits of the year and the biggest single of 2020 - alongside its parent album "After Hours" which also had the golden combo of acclaim + success - not being deemed worthy of even a single nomination. 

Instead, we had the most random concoction of albums up for the top honour of the night, while Justin Bieber's panned "Yummy" and "Changes" were nominated in Pop, sticking out like a sore thumb where The Weeknd should have been among the otherwise pretty great nominees.

At least "Daydream", "Anti", and "good kid, m.A.A.d city" were recognized through nominations, even if they didn't deserve to leave empty-handed. Being completely shut out like that was so insulting and humiliating, and a particularly gross look in the very year where BLM protests had everyone performatively aiming to 'do better'.

Edited by Moonlight Nation

Bad Romance not being nominated for ROTY or SOTY. :skull:

5 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Irreplaceable (Norteña Remix) at Latin Grammys

Ya lo ves, Ya lo ves! Esta lo ves amor esta ves te olvidé :clap3:

she was in ha bag with this one yup, deserved Cancion del Ano chile

4 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Mother f******* LANA 

Such a shame. She deserves a boatload of Grammys!

Loose not being nominated for a single Grammy just proves how the Grammys just cannot be taken serious. The general public’s opinion >>> 

giving aoty to a bland white girl instead of the pimp a butterfly

vespertine :gayorkcat1:

Just now, unison stan said:

giving aoty to a bland white girl instead of the pimp a butterfly

vespertine :gayorkcat1:

unpopular opinion, 1989 deserved that award :cupid:

1 minute ago, PopKills said:

Loose not being nominated for a single Grammy just proves how the Grammys just cannot be taken serious. The general public’s opinion >>> 

The album wasn't nominated (probably because it unfortunately split votes with Timberlake's "FutureSex/LoveSounds"), but "Promiscuous" and "Say It Right" were both nominated for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance respectively, so Nelly wasn't completely ignored.

11 minutes ago, sxhunluv said:

When they passed on Kendrick's gkmc and gave the ******* award to MACKLEMORE. They lost me after that. 

Or when 1989 won over TPAB :deadbanana4:

OT: SZA getting 5 nomination during her debut but none for AOTY and losing all of them. Her losing BNA to Alessia Cara :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

unpopular opinion, 1989 deserved that award :cupid:

popular opiniıon 1984 shouldn't even get nominated :gayorkcat1:

Just now, unison stan said:

popular opiniıon 1984 shouldn't even get nominated :gayorkcat1:

well Vulnicura deserved to win over both so i think u have a bit of a point :cupid:

I think Herbie Hancock winning over Amy's Back to Black or Kanye's Graduation was a little ridiculous.  

Edited by byzantium

Miranda Lambert's The Weight of These Wings not being nominated for Best Country Album. It's one of the best mainstream country albums of the 2010s.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.