• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ahauntingnearu

• MusicIsMyMaster

• AnonnonA

• Winged

Thank to the ATRL promotion, I gave this album a listen while going on a hike and WOOOOO - it’s AMAZING. My faves after several listens from start to  finish are Lighting, Freak Me Now and Begin Again; there’s not a single bad song on the LP :ghostface:

Is this as good as What's Your Pleasure?  I wasn't really into the campiness of the promo cycle for this album, so I haven't gotten around to listening to any of the songs yet.

5 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Is this as good as What's Your Pleasure?  I wasn't really into the campiness of the promo cycle for this album, so I haven't gotten around to listening to any of the songs yet.

As a non-stan but huge fan of WYP, only Jessie Ware album I’ve heard to date, I’d personally say WYP is a lot more of a “cool” record while this one is more “camp,” it’s very over the top and funky where WYP had some mellow moments like Adore You and Save a Kiss and In Your Eyes. This album doesn’t really slow things down much (except for Lightning and Hello Love) but the songs can be a lot BIGGER than those on WYP. Imo they’re both great for different reasons but definitely worth the listen in full. Begin Again is like, the best song on either album if you ask me.

24 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

As a non-stan but huge fan of WYP, only Jessie Ware album I’ve heard to date, I’d personally say WYP is a lot more of a “cool” record while this one is more “camp,” it’s very over the top and funky where WYP had some mellow moments like Adore You and Save a Kiss and In Your Eyes. This album doesn’t really slow things down much (except for Lightning and Hello Love) but the songs can be a lot BIGGER than those on WYP. Imo they’re both great for different reasons but definitely worth the listen in full. Begin Again is like, the best song on either album if you ask me.

Oki I guess I'll give it a listen tomorrow.  I really love the sultry dark "coolness" of WYP, but I'll keep an open mind since it seems like the quality is still there :jonnycat:

Wooow that album is an incredibe follow up to WYP.

I love the fact she remained on that soul/disco road but taking it on a higher level. She feels like she created her own universe, not just "throwing back" to the 70's/80's divas.

I was at bottomless brunch yesterday and they were playing songs off WYP? back to back. TASTE.

This album is a great follow up to WYP? but I think I need some time with it for it to really click (as it did with some of the 2nd half songs of WYP?)

Y'all are doing Lightnight dirty though, one of the highlights of the album.

20 hours ago, AnonnonA said:

Still 89 on Metacritic after 17 reviews :clap3:it will most likely still stay in the high 80s even if other reviews are added

??? Deserves 90+. Especially for reparations, considering how dirty WYP? was done (84% only) :biblio: 

Some critic better come through and help pass it into the 90s league :clap3: 

what are the chances of getting physical albums of a deluxe version? :celestial3:

BELIEVE ON THE DELUXE OMFG :jonny: 

The way it will make the album an 11/10 :jonny: 

6 hours ago, James_Dean said:

She's so funny

I just love her :heart2:

What an excellent album. It still gets better every day.

Makes me want to revisit her first three albums again.

I'd say it's just as good as WYP. Just 2 different moods.

But WYP kinda wins by default, with 18 tracks to enjoy.

I made a playlist that I think is good synergy between the two albums and flows in a way that is sonically cohesive and thematically cohesive. I've gone through it three times and made some adjustments, but after another listen I think I got it - the albums are very complimentary of each other. I wonder if this was part of how she made That Feels Good.

Spotlight

What's Your Pleasure?

Ohh La La

Soul Control

Beautiful People

Freak Me Out

Save a Kiss

Lightning

These Lips

Adore You

In Your Eyes

That! Feels Good!

Free Yourself

Step Into My Life

Hello Love

Read My Lips

Pearls

Mirage (Don't Stop)

Begin Again

The Kill

Shake The Bottle

Remember Where You Are

Amazon Signed edition has sold out

Her store sells signed vinyl

Hot take but we really don't need that Believe cover on the album, it is cute but it would be a waste for it to take up the spot of an actual original song.

3 minutes ago, mystery said:

Hot take but we really don't need that Believe cover on the album, it is cute but it would be a waste for it to take up the spot of an actual original song.

Disagree. Her rendition is a classic in the making 

1 minute ago, Wonderland said:

Disagree. Her rendition is a classic in the making 

It is amazing yeah but I would rather have it on streaming separately from the album and an extra outtake instead.

2 hours ago, goveg said:

what are the chances of getting physical albums of a deluxe version? :celestial3:

Give it a break …the album is just out 48 hours and you want deluxe on physicals…I mean get a life 

her Hello Love performance was wow 

Edited by Winged

42 minutes ago, mystery said:

Last time we have had 7 new songs on the deluxe… so there is a room 

2 minutes ago, Winged said:

Last time we have had 7 new songs on the deluxe… so there is a room 

Yeah but last time we also had 12 tracks on the standard instead of 10.

If she adds in Believe, I hope she keeps that little Kylie Love at First Sight nod in the outro.

Let’s not forget last Deluxe she put Overtime on it… Nothing is impossible or out of the question 

1 minute ago, Edibles. said:

Let’s not forget last Deluxe she put Overtime on it… Nothing is impossible or out of the question 

But Overtime was actually her song and an important one considering that it led to the album taking the shape and sound that it had. Believe is just live performance filler basically, it would be even worse if she decided to add it somewhere between other songs.

The album is very short (10 songs) so a deluxe was the right thing to do, hopefully it adds some bangers because the deluxe of WYP? had some mid moments