• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ahauntingnearu

• MusicIsMyMaster

• AnonnonA

• Winged

Classic disco and 90s house were chock full of soul/r&b singers. Ms. Ware is just following a long and storied tradition. :michael:

I feel that alot of the songs here and especially on WYP could have been slow jams with just a few changes to the instrumentation, so she'll inevitably find a way to blend the two styles sooner rather than later. Lightning feels like a Devotion deep cut to me already 

Edited by Pop Life

2 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Until her dance coins dry up, we’re definitely not seeing her go back to the ballad lifestyle anytime soon. With the reinvention she not only managed to break the post-third album curse that so many UK girlies disappear completely after, but found a whole new audience entirely.

Like I love Glasshouse, but she’s been pretty open about her music career being in shambles at the end of that era. She’s not going back to that sonic well again.

Thank god for that, even thought I love Glasshouse.

Would love a more 90s house dance record next. :katie2:

1 hour ago, Braz said:

I know she doesn't have a lot of pull but does anyone have her day 1 Spotify numbers?

3 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

Until her dance coins dry up, we’re definitely not seeing her go back to the ballad lifestyle anytime soon. With the reinvention she not only managed to break the post-third album curse that so many UK girlies disappear completely after, but found a whole new audience entirely.

Like I love Glasshouse, but she’s been pretty open about her music career being in shambles at the end of that era. She’s not going back to that sonic well again.

Well her career wasn't in shambles because of Glasshouse :rip: they tried to recreate the success of Say You Love Me and failed. She had a flop record and that was it 

2 hours ago, Braz said:

I know she doesn't have a lot of pull but does anyone have her day 1 Spotify numbers?

1. That! Feels Good! 180 084
2. Free Yourself 192 721
3. Pearls 158 774
4. Hello Love 140 287
5. Begin Again 158 933
6. Beautiful People 123 098
7. Freak Me Now 229 495
8. Shake The Bottle 117 119
9. Lightning 103 887
10. These Lips 97 505

Freak me now is the clear stand out, she needs to release it as a single

3 hours ago, khalyan said:

Idk how to feel about Shake the Bottle at times it reminds me of Countess Luann 

What's the problem?

roxxxy.thumb.jpeg.f03cb0bf35d174307d6de0

58 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

1. That! Feels Good! 180 084
2. Free Yourself 192 721
3. Pearls 158 774
4. Hello Love 140 287
5. Begin Again 158 933
6. Beautiful People 123 098
7. Freak Me Now 229 495
8. Shake The Bottle 117 119
9. Lightning 103 887
10. These Lips 97 505

Thank!

She's building quite a following in Brazil, was trending all day yesterday.

Wasn't really feeling the singles as much as her older material, but listening to the full album, everything sounds so ******* amazing.

Mathew was a classic, just like his pick up truck. He still lives with his mother, but he sure could... OOOOOH!

:jonny5:

I get The B-52’s vibes from Shake the Bottle.

33 minutes ago, Braz said:

A touring artiste!

I honestly think she could play Madison Square Garden here in New York, she sold out her shows in one minute ..the gays want her!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/04/28/jessie-ware-that-feels-good-opening-harry-styles-prince/11729728002/

For fans of the Believe cover:

Ware's star has risen this past year thanks in part to her viral cover of Cher's "Believe," which she performed with a live orchestra and hopes to include on a deluxe version of the new album. "I like a sad banger," Ware says. "It was slightly risky because you're doing an icon. Not many people can emulate Cher, but I didn't try to." 

33 minutes ago, AnonnonA said:

Yes please put it on a deluxe :jonny6: I'm glad it seems like there's going to be one.

Freak Me Now reminds me a bit of Hallucinate by Dula Peep, coincidentally both by Stuart 

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

She's so funny

I love her.