Beyoncé has only one song pulling +500k streams on Spotify (and its on TTH), why?

BadMonster96

4 minutes ago, Zaram said:

Top 50 is embarrassingly low for an act who just released an album:ahh:

---

Also BMS already getting less than 500k streams just proofs that it was never a hit and just payola. Is HMH already outstreaming it?:-*

Embarassing for who? A 40 year old female artist who released an album 6 months ago with only 2 singles and no era or rollout to speak of?

We will see if HMH outstreams BMS in the long run. Lord knows no other single GaGa has released without Ariana (or Black Pink) has outstreamed BMS or Cuff it. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dreajae

• Lose My Breath

• Rican

• PrudenceHCharmed

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Hold My Hand - +473,627
Harleys in Haiwaii - +406k

Break My Soul - +400k~

No one js telling me that kind of unapologetic female dance banger music isn’t 9 out of 10 times a frontloaded tank

ot:

she’s a good performer with an acclaimed discography but her music lost a lot of momentum. Her albums do seem ri have success at the time, renaissance is a decent sized era for her age. 

Break My Soul isnt getting 400k, the way you have to subtract its #s just to make a shallow point:rip:

What does being paid $24 million and performing for famous people have to do with Spotify streams?

Yet again, Spotify is not the only way people consume music and it isn't even the biggest streaming platform in the biggest music market in the world.

Using it alone to prove something relies on the demographics the platform mainly services.

Anyway she's doing just fine for someone who has been in the industry 25 years, hasn't released ONE music video since 2018, nor promoted her album in any meaningful way since its release week.

She's still one of the top most streamed female singers on the platform. What's the issue again? Oh right, you just want something negative to say.

Honesty I dont even have an excuse. Her celebrity precedes her musicianship at this point and its all her fault.

10 minutes ago, Tusk said:

The Andrea Riseborough of music. Celebrity hype generated her career but that’s it.

:cm: 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Spotify 24/01:

Hold My Hand +473,627 (#49 peak, 10 weeks, not platinum)

Break My Soul +473,607 (multi week #1, artist viral rn)
Harleys in Haiwaii - +410k~ (didn’t chart()

Please stop mixing US chart stats & global streams together. This is becoming a real issue on here ATRL :dancehall2:

Cool.

8 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

Embarassing for who? A 40 year old female artist who released an album 6 months ago with only 2 singles and no era or rollout to speak of?

We will see if HMH outstreams BMS in the long run. Lord knows no other single GaGa has released without Ariana (or Black Pink) has outstreamed BMS or Cuff it. 

Bloody Mary is coming.

Its also been outstreaming Cuff it on Spotify in the last 2 months without TTH.

I really don't think Beyonce gives a damn how many streams she's getting on Spotify :skull: If she did she'd be doing something to keep the era alive. Renaissance will get a boost when she goes on tour and releases the visuals.

5 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

"Only 2 singles" when it's the standard today :rip: Promo nowadays is mostly playlisting which Renaissance had a lot of it. It's not like that a mv would have much changed .

girl, a lot of solo gaga songs are outstreaming your quick lil single fave. Where do you live :deadbanana2:

Also funny how the beyhive talks about solo, when her whole career was build on features :dies:

Spotify 24/01:

Hold My Hand +473,627

Break My Soul +473,607

Bloody Mary +2,035,075

CUFF IT + 1,986,000 

Interesting…

this thread topic is so tired… like very tired 

and that one swiftie… my goodness… even god rested :dies:

8 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Honesty I dont even have an excuse. Her celebrity precedes her musicianship at this point and its all her fault.

This is 100% the real answer. BMS isn't a bad song. I enjoyed it for a hot minute, but the truth is Beyonce as celebrity is far bigger and more consumed than any song or album she's put out.

1 minute ago, babyforlife said:

Spotify 24/01:

Hold My Hand +473,627

Break My Soul +473,607

Bloody Mary +2,035,075

CUFF IT + 1,986,000 

Interesting…

Are you telling me Beyonce is in the same boat with Katy Perry and Lady Gaga?! 

3 minutes ago, babyforlife said:

Spotify 24/01:

Hold My Hand +473,627

Break My Soul +473,607

Bloody Mary +2,035,075

CUFF IT + 1,986,000 

Interesting…

Cuff It peaked on streaming months ago

2 minutes ago, on the line said:

This is 100% the real answer. BMS isn't a bad song. I enjoyed it for a hot minute, but the truth is Beyonce as celebrity is far bigger and more consumed than any song or album she's put out.

This and I say this as a Bey fan (wouldnt say Im Hive but I love her work), her lack of promo has elevated her celebrity to insane levels but her music has been left behind greatly.

Compare it to Taylor, who while she has been sparse with her promo has kept the little public presence she has alongside her music, Beyoncé is seen more as Beyoncé the Beyoncé. Period. Not Beyoncé the musician.

7 minutes ago, babyforlife said:

Spotify 24/01:

Hold My Hand +473,627

Break My Soul +473,607

help:rip:

Tbh the fact Cuff It did so well despite literally zero promo is an ode to her stardom, i give her that. 

Her discography is awful and she's extremely local. No surprise at all :snowman: