Madonna - The Celebration Tour | More Than 1.5 Million People @ Mega-Concert in Rio

Sergi91

I'm excited. It will be broadcasted by Multishow and TV Globo (Multishow is actually part of Globo anyways) but I'm not brave enough to face a free concert in Copacabana:celestial2:

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• Year of Shadow

Why is it free tho

thank **** it's a saturday and I can catch it on tv :jonny5:

10 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Why is it free tho

She has Brazilian heritage 

Madonna-GettyImages-1340094050.jpg

• Haha 11

17 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Biggest Madonna audience ever . Probably one of the biggest (if not the biggest audience) a female act has ever had.

Millions of people to attend. 

Globo TV to broadcast the show as well :jonny6:

I'm willing to bet she'll break the female artist record.. but any chance she breaks Rod Stewart's record of 4.5 million people?

Edited by Benji124

They better have security ON DECK because this sounds dangerous as hell.

wow they're giving out discounts for flights to rio

translated:

Translated from portuguese

Blue Card Itau (AIC) - 30% discount on the value of the fare, for passes purchased entirely with Blue Itau cards from 14:00 on 25/03/2024 to 23h59 on 29/03/2024, for trips carried out to or from Rio de Janeiro (Capital) provided that they have as origin or destination in national territory, sections operated exclusively by AZUL, within the period from 02/05/2024 to 05/05/2024. Restrictions: Mandatory Roundtrip The discount does not apply on other payments, such as change and/or cancellation fees, airport fees and any additional services. When using points, the discount will not be applied Non cumulative promotion. Discount applicable only to Azul's selling channels - website and app. Not applicable to purchases through fare maintenance guarantee service

the hotels in Copacabana are fully booked

omfg this being live broadcast... this will be a momentous show tbh

That tiny ass stage in front of an audience of 1M though :rip: 

How will they make that work?

And I'll broadcast :clap3:

by the way, Madonna just officially announced it on her social media as well

Don't Globo and Multishow know that M is the queen of pop and late shows? Very brave of them to broadcast live. She better arrive on time :tsk: 

20240103_125331.thumb.jpg.8c77a45cc0d68f 

17 minutes ago, Carla Rosón said:

That tiny ass stage in front of an audience of 1M though :rip: 

How will they make that work?

They production team said the stage will be bigger than the currently one

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Why is it free tho

The banks sponsoring the concert is celebrating 100 years, so they gave this gift to the people. She got paid 37 millions 

Edited by campelo
  • Like 3

a national event :WAP: they should make it a holiday.mp3

5 minutes ago, campelo said:

The banks sponsoring the concert is celebrating 100 years, so they gave this gift to the people. She got paid 37 millions 

37 MILLION AMERICAN DOLLARS???

9 minutes ago, tost1 said:

37 MILLION AMERICAN DOLLARS???

They don't know how much she was paid for the show, but the rumors are it's about 13-15 million dollars. The bank sponsoring it is the largest in Latin America, so it's not much to them.

Release something nice lady! 

34 minutes ago, Movimento Perpétuo said:

Don't Globo and Multishow know that M is the queen of pop and late shows? Very brave of them to broadcast live. She better arrive on time :tsk: 

20240103_125331.thumb.jpg.8c77a45cc0d68f 

Either she'll start late or she'll start on time but cut out half the show again. :gaydonnacat1:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The7thStranger said:

Either she'll start late or she'll start on time but cut out half the show again. :gaydonnacat1:

Queen s*** only :gaydonnacat1:

I'm sure the show will be modified for outdoors. Like she can't be lifted above the audience during Live To Tell hmm or maybe they will find a way 

16 minutes ago, Jglj said:

They don't know how much she was paid for the show, but the rumors are it's about 13-15 million dollars. The bank sponsoring it is the largest in Latin America, so it's not much to them.

It was officially confirmed 25 millions when the commercial came out, recently rumoured said that she has received plus 12-15 millions, that's why she got a second sponsor which was the Heineken beer company 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Why is it free tho

Brazil's biggest bank paid to bring her over. The tour was supposed to end in Mexico and she wasn't going to go to South America so I'm sure they paid her a lot of money. Plus the bank gets a lot of promo out of it since people who bank with them will have special perks.

cuca-samba.gif

Edited by She-Rah
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hector said:

Hoping for this to be live-streamed and a guest spot by Anitta. I feel this will be one for the record books :duca: 

It's gonna be broadcasted by Globo. (I think it's Brazil's biggest tv network) 

cuca-samba.gif

Edited by She-Rah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.