Madonna - The Celebration Tour | More Than 1.5 Million People @ Mega-Concert in Rio

Sergi91

1 hour ago, wanderlust said:

The way Madonna is treated stands out starkly. Headlines across the globe deliberately omit the mention of her duet with Kylie, instead opting for sensationalized stories that falsely depict Madonna as coercing a person in a wheelchair to stand up. It's evident that there's a clear agenda at play, and this pattern has persisted for years. I'm surprised that the media hasn't been called out for its evident bias and promotion of hatred.

There are headlines in mainstream media about the incident with the disabled person? An agenda of hatred? Because they didn't mention Kylie went up onstage with her on the news, a story that objectively only concerns gay men over 40? Again, the coverage of this tour has been 90% glowing outside of certain social media cesspools.

Giving paranoia a bit.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• tiagol88

• Alongoria13

• Year of Shadow

3 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

No its all over tiktok and twitter. LOL

Madonna's humor (rudeness) doesn't translate.

So irrelevant apps only? The real world is still showing up to her live shows lmao

What younger people don’t know is that Madonna has survived the Erotica/Sx era backlash, it was probably worst era a female artist suffered in terms of hatred. She was universally hated and was called a demon. 

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago it was the Luther Vandross "disrespect" all over the media and social media. Then a few days later it was the RuPaul drag... A couple of days ago it was all about Kylie and Madonna and now it's the wheelchair incident. In another couple of days it will be something else and so on and so on...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, spiritboy said:

What younger people don’t know is that Madonna has survived the Erotica/Sx era backlash, it was probably worst era a female artist suffered in terms of hatred. She was universally hated and was called a demon. 

I don't know. Even during those times, she managed to sell out massive stadium dates, so was it really that terrible? It seems like things have gradually worsened over the past two decades. Madonna hasn't shown much interest in clarifying things, but since the whole kindness movement on social media, she's often depicted as the worst kind of person, despite the fact that we all know she's anything but that.

• Like 1

A major factor of Madonnas celebrity is being infamous. Sometimes she gets attacked for ridiculous things, but she usually benefits from the trash talk, I thought the fans would be used to that by now. Ain't nobody going to judge her impartially, you know? She pushes peoples buttons, that IS Madonna.

• Like 2

Oh Queen B, where are thou?

Why do you forsake the Queen?

• Haha 1

The Weeknd was at her show. Wish they took pics together. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

The Weeknd was at her show

:jonny5: :jonny5: :jonny5:

Another collab incoming.

:alexz:

Some users in here kept telling me the LA shows were doing bad...and this last one (5th show no less) is virtually sold out. Palm Springs is sold out.

Phoenix has one ticket here and there to be sold but will be sold out. Denver is not sold out but doing amazing.

Dallas is doing okay on night 1...and night 2 is a bit tragic. Houston is doing good.

March shows will be slaying some good numbers tbh. Venas and LA will do amazing numbers, and the rest of the shows will be great too.

March will probably be the strongest USA month in touring gross.

5 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Some users in here kept telling me the LA shows were doing bad...and this last one (5th show no less) is virtually sold out. Palm Springs is sold out.

Phoenix has one ticket here and there to be sold but will be sold out. Denver is not sold out but doing amazing.

Dallas is doing okay on night 1...and night 2 is a bit tragic. Houston is doing good.

March shows will be slaying some good numbers tbh. Venas and LA will do amazing numbers, and the rest of the shows will be great too.

March will probably be the strongest USA month in touring gross.

LA for sure turned up as the dates approached. 

Houston is doing as bad as Dallas though, lol. 

I wonder if Las Vegas ticket average will be above $250+. 

So what is she estimated to gross in the end?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

So what is she estimated to gross in the end?

It’s safe to say between $210 and $225 millions

13 minutes ago, MP3 said:

It’s safe to say between $210 and $225 millions

yeah anything more than 225M is a plus to me. 

• Like 1

I wish The Weeknd was the Vogue guest 

I went to the LA show last night. I originally had a ticket to the shows at Crypto.com Arena (I prefer it there since it's much closer) but it got cancelled due to her health. She started around 9:59pm and didn't end until 12:15am? I don't recommend going to a show on a weekday because some people have work in the morning. That's why I decided on a weekend show.

I am in my early 20s, and I had a Madonna stanning phase when I was like 12, so this is like a full circle moment for me. Despite the late start (people were right), it was a great show. I feel most of the people in my section (I got a nosebleed) were much older (not a problem, honestly) got hyped for her earlier stuff like Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, but when it was like the early 2000s stuff (the section I was excited for) like songs from Music or American Life, they sat down. It was cute seeing her daughter play the piano during Bad Girl which made me appreciate the song more. 

• Like 6

She should’ve invited The Weeknd and sing a verse of Popular :biblio:

• Like 1

Bad Girl live is the best live performance i have ever seen in my life

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

Bad Girl live is the best live performance i have ever seen in my life

Yeah it was a special moment, in the section I was in we were a handful of person singing the lyrics out loud, it's at those moments we spot the hard fans

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MP3 said:

Yeah it was a special moment, in the section I was in we were a handful of person singing the lyrics out loud, it's at those moments we spot the hard fans

the raw emotion in her voice... the red lingerie... the piano... the serve :jonny:

Back from one of the LA dates! One of the best concerts I went to if not the best. The amount of history and storytelling that went into this show, the production, and of course Madonna's showmanship wowed me the whole night. (Of course all the hits and fan favs!)

The real highlight was for my non-US friend who has actually been a huge Madonna stan since the 80s (even wrote fan letters back then) but has not got to see her live until that day. They teared up and said that they felt the decades they spent as a fan lead up to this night. This was a true "celebration" of a pop legend and her history/eras. Madonna and her team really put up one of the best experiences for her fans and I can't thank them enough for making my friend happy. :heart:

Edited by I Melt Away
  • Like 2

Kinda wish Miles Away was on the setlist would’ve been perfect on one of the acts after Mother and Father, but then again choosing a setlist with a large discography like hers, is so tricky.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.