• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

Just now, BletaRexher said:

Only Love Can Save Us Now would be amazing if not for the verses. Either pick old Kesha or move on, this Highroad type of mashup ruins her songs when she has strong choruses.

This is much stronger than all the High Road ‘pop tracks’ in my opinion! I was reluctant but I really like it actually.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BletaRexher said:

Either pick old Kesha or move on

Funny to read such comments about an artist who spent a career trying to prove she does not fit into any kind of box.

• Like 4

Just now, collin said:

This is much stronger than all the High Road ‘pop tracks’ in my opinion! I was reluctant but I really like it actually.

Yeah I’m still listening to the song, I haven’t heard the album yet but it’s growing on me. Definitely an improvement from High Road I just think the song would hit harder without the rap part but the rap parts on the album might fit better hopefully. With all that said the chorus of Only Love Can Save Us Now is really inspiring by me to keep being nice even when I keep getting **** on in my life. She still can connect with me in a way no other pop star still can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BletaRexher said:

Only Love Can Save Us Now would be amazing if not for the verses. Either pick old Kesha or move on, this Highroad type of mashup ruins her songs when she has strong choruses.

I’m not the biggest fan of the stark contrast she sometimes like to do, but the second verse is some of her best work ever.

2 minutes ago, CroNich said:

I’m not the biggest fan of the stark contrast she sometimes like to do, but the second verse is some of her best work ever.

I didn’t mind the 2nd verse the 1st one just throws me off but the song goes off towards the end so idgaf

About 14 hours to go for me! Really excited to hear the album - production on the songs thus far have been very interesting, though I hope the “acoustic” songs would have also have some additional production elements too, rather than being completely stripped back

Edited by AnonnonA

18 minutes ago, BletaRexher said:

I didn’t mind the 2nd verse the 1st one just throws me off but the song goes off towards the end so idgaf

Tbh I thought the same thing about the first verse. Sometimes I find her mixing choices a choice.

Reminder that Spotify and many streaming platforms absolutely ruin audio quality. Try listening to the album in as high of quality as you can when it comes out… and make a habit of that in general.

3 minutes ago, collin said:

Reminder that Spotify and many streaming platforms absolutely ruin audio quality. Try listening to the album in as high of quality as you can when it comes out… and make a habit of that in general.

Can confirm that it sounds amazing on stereo.

Really intrigued to hear the final Hate Me Harder :duca:

8 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

I've been listening to this album multiple times now and I have to say it's way more accessible than one would assume based on the general description of this album so far.

It is experimental, it is post-pop, but I wouldn't say it's a niche record for non-mainstream fans.

How are you listening to the album? I want to believe you, but I just don’t.

OLCSUN is a step in the right direction for me, but it still sounds like it could be from High Road :duck:

The new song was good but actually my least fave so far.

Eat the Acid is great.

& Fine Line is easily a career highlight imo. Impressed me.

11 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

By the way, this snippet is from Peace & Quiet.

it’s giving upbeat sequel to C U Next Tuesday :gaygacat5:

Her worst album.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, CroNich said:

Tbh I thought the same thing about the first verse. Sometimes I find her mixing choices a choice.

King :wanda:I’m telling the pastor who told my Grammy to not get the vaccine to die :clap3:We turning up tonight Perverts and Rehars!

Just now, BletaRexher said:

King :wanda:I’m telling the pastor who told my Grammy to not get the vaccine to die :clap3:We turning up tonight Perverts and Rexhars!

2 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

P4k out. 7.1. Well written review.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/kesha-gag-order/amp/

great review! it seems like they really understood that this isn't some sort of "I'm an artisté!" mission statement, but rather using her usual eccentric tendencies in a more emotionally raw way. 

gosh im excited for this, more than any of her other records before.