Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

17 minutes ago, BornUnbroken said:

The whole album is in the same vein as ETA and Fine Line. Only Love Can Save Us Now is the only one that's more uptempo, but the lyrical content is as heavy as the rest of the record. This felt like listening to a completely different person. "rage" is the correct word to summarize the album, but vocally it's a quiet type of rage. Whatever concept of Kesha you might have is thrown completely out the window on this record. My favorites were Living in My Head, Fine Line, Too Far Gone, and Hate Me Harder. The production on the last one has been changed since the leak, but the outro is just her, acapella. I really can't wait to listen to the album again. This isn't a record that's trying to catch any viral moments on tiktok or trying to live up to anything she's done in the past. I'm very proud of her and the lyrical content she's displaying here.

wow :jonny4: I seriously cannot wait! I am living for Eat the Acid so hard, it feels like an instant discography highlight. and Fine Line is actually already growing on me a bit... this is the ethereal, progressive pop/electropop vibes I've always known she was capable of delivering! thank you for spilling all this tea :heart2:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

Eat the Acid is very unique. I like how it sounds like a prelude to a heavier-sounding track. I feel like It works better as an album cut than as a single, though. Very Laurie Anderson meets Warrior-era Kesha :jamming:

Fine Line is very ethereal :bird:

I like how all 3 choruses have diferent lyrics and the songwriting as a whole. Eat the Acid sounds slightly better atm tho.

Wasn’t expecting much but these were very gaggy in a good way

Both songs are really good, I'm digging it. Excited for the rest of the album

6 minutes ago, Jooj said:

Eat the Acid is very unique. I like how it sounds like a prelude to a heavier-sounding track. I feel like It works better as an album cut than as a single, though. Very Laurie Anderson meets Warrior-era Kesha :jamming:

YES definitely hints of Laurie, and some Kimbra, Imogen Heap, and in the last minute some of Suicide's later stuff :alexz: so f*cking good, I'm so glad she's exploring new territories

28 minutes ago, CroNich said:

:duca: Thank you for sharing

how different is the final version of hate me harder compared to the demo? I don’t want them to ruin the catchy hook lol

Ahhh no, same catchy melody/hook! Just the production has changed, it's the song that stayed stuck in my head at the end, and a lot of other people felt the same! Ran back to my car to blast the demo tbh. Can't remember if some of the verses were rewritten though, I'm pretty sure they weren't/or were slightly rewritten. 

22 minutes ago, Jooj said:

I will say, ETA does not transition onto the next song with the same production. Track 3 is an acoustic-y ballad, but was one of my faves.

28 minutes ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

Not y'all pulling up my tweets! Yeah, the two songs work even better as part of a whole, ETA grew on me more after listening to the first track. I'm kind of glad I listened to them the first time this way.

8 minutes ago, BornUnbroken said:

Not y'all pulling up my tweets! Yeah, the two songs work even better as part of a whole, ETA grew on me more after listening to the first track. I'm kind of glad I listened to them the first time this way.

br**d me dad :WAP:

Edited by CroNich

Her musical growth, the rawness of these lyrics. So happy for her.

11 minutes ago, BornUnbroken said:

Ahhh no, same catchy melody/hook! Just the production has changed, it's the song that stayed stuck in my head at the end, and a lot of other people felt the same! Ran back to my car to blast the demo tbh. Can't remember if some of the verses were rewritten though, I'm pretty sure they weren't/or were slightly rewritten. 

yayy I just know its gonna be one of my favourites

Eat The Acid is really good. Oh wow. I was expecting a snoozefest. The production is great.  

2 hours ago, BornUnbroken said:

The whole album is in the same vein as ETA and Fine Line. Only Love Can Save Us Now is the only one that's more uptempo, but the lyrical content is as heavy as the rest of the record. This felt like listening to a completely different person. "rage" is the correct word to summarize the album, but vocally it's a quiet type of rage. Whatever concept of Kesha you might have is thrown completely out the window on this record. My favorites were Living in My Head, Fine Line, Too Far Gone, and Hate Me Harder. The production on the last one has been changed since the leak, but the outro is just her, acapella. I really can't wait to listen to the album again. This isn't a record that's trying to catch any viral moments on tiktok or trying to live up to anything she's done in the past. I'm very proud of her and the lyrical content she's displaying here.

:jonnycat: so excited, thank you for this

5 hours ago, Witchpop said:

@TomTom2288 Fine Line has grown on me like you said :jonny5:

I knew it :jonny5:

2 hours ago, CroNich said:

br**d me dad :WAP:

:hoetenks:

that was a treat and sooo different from her :clap3:

LOVE the direction she’s going and everything about this so far!

Loving Eat the acid so much.

those who went to the listening party is The Drama an up-beat dance song? 

“Hate has no place in the divine”

winnie-the.gif