• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

The songs are simultaneously what I expected and not :jonny5: I love them, the lyrics to Fine Line are some of her best, and Eat The Acid is perfect in every way :jonny5:

I couldn't express enough of my happiness / my pride for Kesha with everything about the launch of this - the title of the record, the artwork, the 2songs...

She's always been an insanely versatile artist (her songwriting alone is just... God, those who know know) - more than many realize - & it seems like this record is really going to show that off. That earlier description of the album containing minimalism meets experimental / Chamber Pop-esque music with cutting edge vocal production is exactly what I've been hoping to hear from her for several years now. She's always had such a unique tone & writing style that I thought she could pull it off & once again, these 2songs she's previewed demonstrate that.

The songs aren't going to be for everyone which is cool - I'm just glad that the label isn't blocking her from releasing this kind of music & that they aren't chasing a radio 'hit' or anything with the launch. She's already got a big string of hits & did that kinda 'thing' already for several years. The impact of her story & letting the good music speak for itself is a direction I rrreeeaaallllyy love for her & hope a lot of people can get behind! & most importantly, it looks like this is setting the tone for her upcoming trial - I'm just glad she's finding a level of solace within the music amongst the legal complications going on in her life.

6 minutes ago, Bandito said:

It's clear that this era isn't meant to be some smash era in terms of radio play and sales, I don't know why people would see the cover and title and think this was going to be similar to the dance pop of her earlier work. Given how poorly High Road was received, I find this sound to be incredibly refreshing for her and a good decision for her career.

These songs both have clear messages and great lyrics, so they definitely make sense as lead singles in terms of letting the listener get a glimpse into her current headspace and see more of her growth. I'm definitely hyped to hear more of this album! :jonny5:

all of this. If you get it you get if you don’t you don’t.

1 minute ago, Lucky#17 said:

I couldn't express enough of my happiness / my pride for Kesha with everything about the launch of this - the title of the record, the artwork, the 2songs...

She's always been an insanely versatile artist (her songwriting alone is just... God, those who know know) - more than many realize - & it seems like this record is really going to show that off. That earlier description of the album containing minimalism meets experimental / Chamber Pop-esque music with cutting edge vocal production is exactly what I've been hoping to hear from her for several years now. She's always had such a unique tone & writing style that I thought she could pull it off & once again, these 2songs she's previewed demonstrate that.

The songs aren't going to be for everyone which is cool - I'm just glad that the label isn't blocking her from releasing this kind of music & that they aren't chasing a radio 'hit' or anything with the launch. She's already got a big string of hits & did that kinda 'thing' already for several years. The impact of her story & letting the good music speak for itself is a direction I rrreeeaaallllyy love for her & hope a lot of people can get behind! & most importantly, it looks like this is setting the tone for her upcoming trial - I'm just glad she's finding a level of solace within the music amongst the legal complications going on in her life.

All of this 2.0

the more I listen the more I love them..... UGH 

I never know what to expect from her :jonny6: 

Edited by youmustbeupgraded

Oh wow these are REALLY good. I could tell people were gonna be annoying about this era the minute the album cover dropped since it seems she’s doing something fairly left field this time. The productions to these two songs sound quite complex and are very different for her. They’re not instant bops and Fine Line doesn’t have that much of a hook/melody but I don’t think that was her intention there, so I can see why these wouldn’t appeal to some people.

anyway, Rainbow’s ender is coming? :giraffe: 

the controversy and division in here!! queen did that!!

okay it didn't automatically add even though i had presaved it... whatever. apple music incompetent as ever... I added it manually. time to listen!! :duca:

Eat the Acid is really ******* good. Wow. These aren’t pop bangers but this is a really good and smart lane for her. Maybe there’s some bops on the album but this is powerful. 

3 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Eat the Acid is really ******* good. Wow. These aren’t pop bangers but this is a really good and smart lane for her. Maybe there’s some bops on the album but this is powerful. 

Between olcsun and hate me harder there will definitely be a some more conventional pop songs

can't wait to listen to eat the acid while stoned tbh, she's giving us a ray of light experience :jonny6:

Holy **** this is everything I've always wanted from Kesha and more :jonny5: Rick Rubin is a ******* KING. This is so good so far. 

Not bangers but very good tracks. Looking forward for the whole album.

Eat the Acid is stunning, it’s giving Kimbra :wanda:

Fine Line is good, it’s kinda giving a song like Insomnia by Caroline Polachek or Leave by Perfume Genius where it’s situated between two incredible songs, i’m hoping that’s indeed the case here. i’ll let it grow, but it’s not as instantly incredible as Eat the Acid imo

If the rest of the album is of the same quality as Fine Line and Eat the Acid, Gag Order will be incredible. It's great to see Kesha evolving as an artist and going light years beyond Dr. Luke's template pop.

Both have to grow on me, I will say the songwriting on both is really good. This has gotten me really excited for the album tho :WAP:

The whole album is in the same vein as ETA and Fine Line. Only Love Can Save Us Now is the only one that's more uptempo, but the lyrical content is as heavy as the rest of the record. This felt like listening to a completely different person. "rage" is the correct word to summarize the album, but vocally it's a quiet type of rage. Whatever concept of Kesha you might have is thrown completely out the window on this record. My favorites were Living in My Head, Fine Line, Too Far Gone, and Hate Me Harder. The production on the last one has been changed since the leak, but the outro is just her, acapella. I really can't wait to listen to the album again. This isn't a record that's trying to catch any viral moments on tiktok or trying to live up to anything she's done in the past. I'm very proud of her and the lyrical content she's displaying here.

12 minutes ago, BornUnbroken said:

The whole album is in the same vein as ETA and Fine Line. Only Love Can Save Us Now is the only one that's more uptempo, but the lyrical content is as heavy as the rest of the record. This felt like listening to a completely different person. "rage" is the correct word to summarize the album, but vocally it's a quiet type of rage. Whatever concept of Kesha you might have is thrown completely out the window on this record. My favorites were Living in My Head, Fine Line, Too Far Gone, and Hate Me Harder. The production on the last one has been changed since the leak, but the outro is just her, acapella. I really can't wait to listen to the album again. This isn't a record that's trying to catch any viral moments on tiktok or trying to live up to anything she's done in the past. I'm very proud of her and the lyrical content she's displaying here.

:duca: Thank you for sharing

how different is the final version of hate me harder compared to the demo? I don’t want them to ruin the catchy hook lol

Edited by CroNich