Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

I love it, it’s raw, emotional, she’s definitely focus on art instead of charts, not many artists put their art above money. 

Some say “music not the bling” but their just care about money, Kesha really is doing that :clap3:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

22 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

The same length as Just Dance? :priceless:

Now sis we know now that we are beholden to the 12 year old of tik tok if a song is over 2:12 with a bridge it has no chance of smashing.

I like them and they are still growing on me, but I definitely expected a different vibe for eat the acid. 

Okay Fine Line is an incredible song, I think I just needed to readjust my expectations and give it a few listens but wow, it’s quite something.

Eat the Acid is beautiful, im still not sure about the weird shift in production and vocals in the bridge but I’m sure I’ll get use to it. I feel like it could be like a minute shorter too but wow that outro :WAP:

smoore95GAGA
27 minutes ago, ~Start The Music said:

Holy **** you honestly are so annoying and so negative :deadbanana2:

Literally another user said this wasn’t it right before I said it, perhaps some people just aren’t here for this and that’s ok :cm:

It’s also funny, bc I’m pretty sure before the songs came out I was being nothing but positive. I was super excited for the new songs and album, and the first thing I said was that I love the cover. Interesting how certain users ignore comments that don’t fit with the narrative of someone they have in their head. I could post a million positive comments, but the second I make one remotely negative one, suddenly I’m super annoying and negative :priceless:

OT: Wondering if we’ll get music videos for either of the tracks 

Edited by smoore95GAGA

smoore95GAGA
7 minutes ago, goldstargay said:

Now sis we know now that we are beholden to the 12 year old of tik tok if a song is over 2:12 with a bridge it has no chance of smashing.

12 minutes ago, bearman said:

and that's why we're also ready to stream Bebe's album released tomorrow that is stacked with bops. 

spacer.png

as you should! 

Fine Line is a STATEMENTTTT. I love it so much, gave me chills. We already knew she's not chasing a hit with this album, and thank god for that bc this is truly one of her best songs ever and it's a great introduction to the album. She has to much to say and the pulled back production is perfect for that. Ugh my queen :jonny5:

ETA is good too! I expected it to build up to something a bit more psychedelic though, and I regret overplaying the snippet we got weeks before lol but regardless that final beat is IT. It's giving rage!!!! :clap:

AHHHH just had my first listen, the songs are both fantastic as expected 

so rewarding stanning such a genre defining queen, so proud of her artistry and her growth and journey :clap3:

this album is going to be an amazing and cathartic statement for her

I was expecting that ETA has a different construction after the first chorus, maybe some drums or a guitar. I like the song but is so linear that may sound kinda boring. Wasn’t expecting a tiktok pop song at all, but maybe something more explosive. 

Fine Line is probably one of her best lyrics ever. Give us the feeling that she is talking directly to us. The production is too alternative for me. Don’t know yet if I like it or not. 

• ATRL Moderator
20 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

Eat The Acid is really good in my opinion: the ambient and the vibes shared are on point. The very minimal crescendo offered is well built. Fine Line is okay, I need to re-listen to it more times. Personally speaking I don't think this album will have a song that screams "lead single": the same Only Love Can Save Us Now is such a good trap-pop song, but again no lead single material. It's a total different journey and I'm here to stream it in full and support the queen! 

Slay! I'm excited to experience Gag Order from start to finish, I feel like it'll be an album better experienced in full if that makes sense. EEK! So much great new music coming I'm over the moon :wanda:

FL will sound so powerful live. Oh my god. 

It needs to be her first televised performance for the era. Would be legendary :mandown:

I gotta hear them a few more times before they grow on me, but I think I gotta give her more of a chance this go around. I feel like I skipped High Road.

These songs are absolutely haunting together. You can literally feel her pain through these songs. Her art is art-ing, simply put. She's doing everything she's supposed to. Attention to lyrics is required. She's prioritizing making a statement and telling her story in an effort to heal.

I also think knowing where these songs are coming from would help listeners; court case implications within Fine Line and Eat the Acid being about her own frightening spiritual awakening moment that is being likened to horror stories her mother shared with her about her experiences with acid "showing her too much" and too many things that she could never unsee. 

I understand wanting something different from her but...after listening, it feels unreasonable to expect electropop bops from someone who is clearly fed up and going through all of this. I hope she gets the catharsis she needs from this.

5 minutes ago, Boniqua said:

These songs are absolutely haunting together. You can literally feel her pain through these songs. Her art is art-ing, simply put. She's doing everything she's supposed to. Attention to lyrics is required. She's prioritizing making a statement and telling her story in an effort to heal.

I also think knowing where these songs are coming from would help listeners; court case implications within Fine Line and Eat the Acid being about her own frightening spiritual awakening moment that is being likened to horror stories her mother shared with her about her experiences with acid "showing her too much" and too many things that she could never unsee. 

I understand wanting something different from her but...after listening, it feels unreasonable to expect electropop bops from someone who is clearly fed up and going through all of this. I hope she gets the catharsis she needs from this.

All of this!! Well said :clap3: :clap3:

Is anyone already working on annotations for Genius? (perhaps @austinsuxx, our knowledgeable king?)

If not, I might do that on my free time today :cm:

smoore95GAGA

Yeah it definitely feels like this music was spiritual and healing for her, so for that reason I’m of course glad it exists. I still firmly believe that the full album will be a whole spiritual experience that these songs will sound immaculate in :jonnycat: They’re definitely vibey songs that I just need to be in a certain mood for, and I just wasn’t in that mood when I listened to them today. 

Still don’t get why a certain user lashed out at me tho when other people have expressed the same thoughts as me :priceless:

SHUT UPPPP THESE ARE EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED FROM HER :jonny6:

LAST NIGHT! I SAW! IT ALL! :jonny6:

LAST NIGHT! I TALKED! TO GOD! :jonny6:

Edited by Scandalous

I absolutely love both songs! I knew I had good reason to be excited about her working with Rick Rubin. Both songs are a lot tamer than I was expecting (especially Eat the Acid) but they’re both just SO GOOD. The instrumental to Fine Line gives me chills, especially during the chorus. 

I think her best album is coming. 

spacer.png

she delivered :jonny: 

this is her final album on Puke's label, right?

All the doctors and lawyers who cut the tongue out of my mouth
I've been hiding my anger, but, *****, look at me now
I'm at the top of the mountain with a gun to my head
Am I bigger than Jesus or better off dead?

There's a fine line between genius and crazy
There's a fine line between broken and brеaking
Spent my whole life tryin' to changе what they're saying about me
Sick of walking that fine line
Fine line between selling out and being bought
Fine line between famous and being forgot
It's time I'm coming down off of the cross
Sick of walking that fine line

spacer.png