Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

Whew, the girls get MAD when some artists release hugely acclaimed masterpieces. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

43 minutes ago, bearman said:

Guys trust me there is no point in replying to people in the other threads. I’m surprised it has 8 pages, it’s a complete waste of server bandwidth. 

Yeah I won’t be wasting any of my time with that bs :rip:

• Like 1

I’m actually surprised that people still care about her enough to be so livid about her. She has never done anything except be a kind and compassionate human so animosity towards her is pretty objectively misdirected and, to say the least, weird.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, collin said:

I’m actually surprised that people still care about her enough to be so livid about her. She has never done anything except be a kind and compassionate human so animosity towards her is pretty objectively misdirected and, to say the least, weird.

I really think part of it goes back to Kesha's allegations basically making him person-non-grata in the pop world. Because so many terminally online gay men too brain dead and poppers-addled (not to mention misogynistic) they take their anger out on her for robbing them of their "bops." 

People on this board have always hated her regardless of the Luke allegations and it's always struck me as bizarre. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gettsleazy said:

I really think part of it goes back to Kesha's allegations basically making him person-non-grata in the pop world. Because so many terminally online gay men too brain dead and poppers-addled (not to mention misogynistic) they take their anger out on her for robbing them of their "bops." 

People on this board have always hated her regardless of the Luke allegations and it's always struck me as bizarre. 

Unfortunately this is kind of the only answer for their behavior :rip: It’s either this or straight up confusion/delusion because there is not any other explanation as to why anyone would be unkind to her or deliberately misunderstand why she is no longer a commercial big gun artist 

The way she is speaking about the album and where she’s at in life is so beautiful. I’m so happy for her 

I feel like my ranking keeps changing and there are no bad songs. My only real skip is the Only Love interlude.

1. Happy

2. Fine Line

3. Living in My Head

4. Only Love Can Save Us Now

5. Too Far Gone

6. Eat the Acid

7. Peace and Quiet

8. Hate Me Harder

9. All I Need is You

10. The Drama

11. Something to Believe In

Peace and Quiet and ETA were my least favorite at the album listening event, and they've grown on me considerably. STBI also clicked for me over the weekend. Can't wait to see how I'll feel about the last half after a year, my High Road ranking also changed drastically after a couple of months.

2 hours ago, collin said:

Wait which thread is this?

ok so i made this unlisted cause i want y'all's thoughts (potentially)

here's my one take cover of Living in My Head with OLCSUN's chorus randomly added in at one point

lmk if y'all think I should redo it before I make it public or add something onto it or idek! enjoy though :heart2:

UPDATE: this new version is a bit louder ok enjoy lol

Edited by JoeAg
updated vid

also excuse the f*cking honking during OLCSUN :deadbanana4: I live right next to a super busy street in denver lol

1. Peace And Quiet

2. Something To Believe In

3. Eat The Acid

4. The Drama

5. Only Love Can Save Us Now

35 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

ok so i made this unlisted cause i want y'all's thoughts (potentially)

here's my one take cover of Living in My Head with OLCSUN's chorus randomly added in at one point

lmk if y'all think I should redo it before I make it public or add something onto it or idek! enjoy though :heart2:

Ahh so good my love, I actually really loved the transition between the two and they sounded great together :heart2: mother would be proud too!

this is a very good and mature body of work

24 minutes ago, JCON said:

this is a very good and mature body of work

Tell your friends! Spread the word…

29 minutes ago, fountain said:

Ahh so good my love, I actually really loved the transition between the two and they sounded great together :heart2: mother would be proud too!

thanks babe :heart2: 

yeah I might re-record it tbh because I just realized it’s not as loud as it should be 🤦🏻‍♂️

After finally getting a full listen of the album, I love this direction for Kesha :clap3: didn't love all of it tbh but the songs that hit, really hit. I hope she continues to experiment with her sound. Eat The Acid, All I Need Is You, The Drama and Hate Me Harder are my faves

Forgot to add Living In My Head to my faves omg what a powerful song :cries: I felt that..

My ranks:

happy

peace & quiet

all i need is you

something to believe in

the drama

eat the acid

only love

hate me harder

too far gone 

living in my head

fine line

the melodies in something to believe in  are **** fire!

i just send an email to metacritic asking if they could add the american songwriter review (even said that that they gave a 100 lol), but i wish more people would ask this so we could achieve it, acclaim is all we have for now and i really wish we could give it to kesha

Edited by Túlio

I really thought this would clear the 80s region with ease on Metacritic. The lack of taste being exhibited…

43 minutes ago, collin said:

I really thought this would clear the 80s region with ease on Metacritic. The lack of taste being exhibited…

I find it awfully funny that the only mixed to negative reviews that were getting are ones that count for metacritic. All the other ones have been at least an 80/100. Makes me think something is going on behind the scenes still…

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CroNich said:

I find it awfully funny that the only mixed to negative reviews that were getting are ones that count for metacritic. All the other ones have been at least an 80/100. Makes me think something is going on behind the scenes still…

The Guardian review has yet to be included, right? Hopefully another positive review or two is included.