Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

Something To Believe In in my car sounds insane. It really feels like I'm standed in a post a-POP-talyptic world and then when the BASS drops a nuke went off at ground zero.

It shakes the whole car perfectly with the sound system in my car :jonny5: 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

I'm still so gagged by the way Too Far Gone goes into Peace & Quiet. 

I think the All I Need Is You - Peace & Quiet run (including the interlude) is the best of her career. 

1 minute ago, josesuxx said:

The Drama is such an experience whewwww production is top notch 

I just listened to The Drama on my surround sound system and WOW...

I can't wait to listen to Something To Believe In in the car @Witchpop :jonny:

2 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

I just listened to The Drama on my surround sound system and WOW...

I can't wait to listen to Something To Believe In in the car @Witchpop :jonny:

Honestly, with the system in my car, the whole album sounds incredible. I can picture the hot summer, foggy/misty rainy nights with the windows down. This blasting and being the PERFECT setting to get lost in. 

30 minutes ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

These visuals are really art, so uncomfortable but honest to how she's felt for years :sad: 

I've said it already but I'm still so FLOORED by how much better Fine Line sounds in the context of the album. May be one of my Top 3 now... :redface:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gettsleazy said:

I've said it already but I'm still so FLOORED by how much better Fine Line sounds in the context of the album. May be one of my Top 3 now... :redface:

It's top 3 and it ain't #2 or #3

1 hour ago, fountain said:

IN THE NEXT LIFE I WANNA COME BACK

AS A HOUSE CAT

AS A HOUSE CAT!!!

:jonnycat:

I play it with Lana‘s Peppers afterwards or before, a fun time!

Alright so I'm not the best at writing, reviewing, and analyzing so I'm going to keep it short and cute. I decided to rank each track out of 10 stars (like I do with most albums I listen to and then review) 

I don't like to do this thing pretentious reviewers do when they rate a song 4.5/10 because that makes no sense to me. If its a ******* good song, and I keep replaying it, its a 10/10 period. 

"Something to Believe In" - 10/10

"Fine Line" - 10/10

"Eat The Acid" - 10/10

"Living in My Head" 10/10
"Only Love Can Save Us Now" - 10/10
"All I Need Is You" 10/10
"The Drama" - 10/10

"Ram Dass Interlude" 10/10

for this interlude I was kind of shocked at how much I enjoyed this. Normally, I'm not too much of a fan of interludes on albums unless its something raunchy and funny like on a Trina or Lil Kim album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RajokJbGYtw
https://youtu.be/-gSHhJ7qqwE

"Too Far Gone" - 10/10
"Peace & Quiet" - 10/10
"Only Love Reprise" 10/10
"Hate Me Harder" 8/10 really great song, vocals are on fire, but I think this opinion applies to every artist when I say I'm not really a fan of ballads (???) or songs that are super slow unless its Fiona Apple :dead:

"Happy" 10/10

I love this album and I love the aesthetic of this era. I was never really even a Kesha stan. I've always been a casual listener of hers but what got me to become more invested in her life was when the entire Dr.Luke garbage started to happen. First album of hers I bought was Rainbow, bought from her official Ebay store (couldn't buy the cool stuff like pieces of her car so I stuck with the signed polaroid's) tuned in to her TV shows and specials and tried to keep up to date. I hope after she wins this case with Dr.Puke that she venture into other things like movies or write for theater shows and plays (taking the same route as Gaga because she's just as talented) and a buncha more things. If she tours, I am 100% buying tickets.

Also thought I placed an order for the physical CD but I think I used an expired credit card so I just had to re-order it :rip:

FwgNSKVX0AAviBB?format=png&name=small

...and here's to also hoping she collabs with Iggy Azalea. Iggy wanted Kesha on her EP titled Wicked Lips but unfortunately that didn't happen :eli:

Edited by SmittenCake
  • Like 2

Metacritic score dropped to 76 (-6) based on 8 reviews with the mixed ones from AllMusic, Slant and NME now being included.

3 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Metacritic score dropped to 76 (-6) based on 8 reviews with the mixed ones from AllMusic, Slant and NME now being included.

musicOMH.com

New Musical Express (NME)

AllMusic

all of them giving her a score of 60 :rip: who the **** even are these publications? never heard of them :ahh:

reminds me of when TinyMixtapes gave Born This Way a score of 0/100 what a joke :ahh:

2 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Do you think another one or two 90/100 would bring it back up past 81? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

Do you think another one or two 90/100 would bring it back up past 81? 

Yeah definitely!

Her arithmetic score would be 71 right now, but with the Metacritic formula it's 76, so the reviews that gave the album the best scores so far clearly count a lot more.

The majority of outlets that gave Rainbow and High Road the best scores have not reviewed the album yet, so we only need a few heavy-hitters with good scores.

Gag Order's current corridor (60-100) is still better than Rainbow's final one (50-91) and they both have the same amount of 60 scores now.

• Like 1

Well, I'm happy she's making the music she wants to, and I'm glad lots of fans are embracing it with her.

Unfortunately this isn't for me.  At least I'll always have Animal, Cannibal, and Warrior :heart:

1 hour ago, hector.adriel said:

I have a question, are there any poppy catchy songs???

No.

This album is LivingInMyHead.mp3 rent free

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bloodflowers. said:

This album is LivingInMyHead.mp3 rent free

Living In My Talent is top 3 on the album, I'm afraid.

Bloodflowers.

• Like 2

okay all i need is you is my type of SMASH! i just love that melody (which is used frequently) :-* 

1 minute ago, Eat The Acid said:

Just listening. A slay :jonny6:

Your username :clap3:

• Like 1

Only Love Can Save Us Now is the GOTY (Gag Of The Year)

Hate Me Harder is so good! reminds me of iconic The Harold Song

• Like 1

Twitter Animals complaining about not finding physical copies at stores it's over 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Your username :clap3:

Sorry it’s not about the song. I just like tripping on acid. Coincidence. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, josesuxx said:

Twitter Animals complaining about not finding physical copies at stores it's over 

That doesn't seem to be Kesha-specific. For example, when you click on the "new music releases" section on the Target site, there are 274 items (including Gag Order), but when you filter for the "in-store pickup" option, it drops to 31 items :skull:.

Edited by TomTom2288

Just now, Eat The Acid said:

Sorry it’s not about the song. I just like tripping on acid. Coincidence. 

Mess :deadbanana4:.

Sig-worthy tbh.