Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

some of the vocal choices or the way her voice sounds here remind me of her unreleased work, especially in Peace & Quiet i STANNN

• Like 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

Wow this is amazing, I was a little worried about the overall production annd mixing but it slaps, is so crisp whew

1 hour ago, TomTom2288 said:

Yes and a 60 from NME :skull:

Counts towards MC (change compared to High Road):

• The Independent: 100 (+20)
  • Rolling Stone: 80 (=)
  • Pitchfork: 71 (+12)
  • Clash: 70 (-10)
  • Slant: 70 (=)
  • NME: 60 (=)
  • musicOMH: 60 (-20)

Some totally undeserved scores, but we've already surpassed Rainbow's peak score (91) and haven't hit Rainbow's lowest score (50) yet.

Why do you care so much about online blog reviews? Why not just enjoy the music. I don’t get it.

i’m surprised by the reception from critics bc i just got to fine line and i already think this is her best album by miles

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyboy said:

Why do you care so much about online blog reviews? Why not just enjoy the music. I don’t get it.

Because critical acclaim is what talented artists and the majority of their fans are looking for.

It's not that deep and I don't know why you are always acting so bothered about everything.

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

Because critical acclaim is what talented artists and the majority of their fans are looking for.

It's not that deep and I don't know why you are always acting so bothered about everything.

I don’t think that’s what Kesha is aiming for this era, I think she just wants to get her truth out. I think Rainbow was more about acclaim. It just comes off as you needing some validation from critics, I think we should just enjoy the music. Not bothered.

love how she isn't really using that shaky vibrato thing to end her phrases anymore thank you sense!

Just now, Mattyboy said:

I don’t think that’s what Kesha is aiming for this era, I think she just wants to get her truth out. I think Rainbow was more about acclaim. It just comes off as you needing some validation from critics, I think we should just enjoy the music. Not bothered.

Almost everyone here is enjoying the music, I don't know why you're creating a strawman by coming for people who want this album to get the recognition it deserves which is a totally normal thing for fans to have and it's not mutually exclusive with enjoying the music. Very weird.

Shocked by the more mixed (though still incredibly positive!) critical response when pretty much everyone I've seen listen to it has marked it as her best. :rip: 

• Like 1

I appreciate High Road for her reclaiming the fun but THIS is the real follow up to Rainbow

ezgif-7-1224e65a9cc1.thumb.gif.964bd2f22

I really like Fine Line, Only Love, All I Need Is You, The Drama, Peace & Quiet, and Happy :heart2:

Overall a strong album. Does the All I Need Is You chorus melody remind anybody else of White Mercedes by Charli?

Edited by Miichael

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, AlbertoBouvier said:

Wtf this is bait right

No sorry.  I know the lyrics might touch people but the song sounded like a p!nk funhouse song.  Completely out of place!

the drama is so insane omg

imagine this live

16 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Does the All I Need Is You chorus melody remind anybody else of White Mercedes by Charli?

yess it kinda has a very similar melody

IN THE NEXT LIFE I WANNA COME BACK

AS A HOUSE CAT

AS A HOUSE CAT!!!

:jonnycat:

• Like 1

This is her Taking The Long Way, her reputation, her best album.

I have a question, are there any poppy catchy songs???

3 minutes ago, fountain said:

IN THE NEXT LIFE I WANNA COME BACK

AS A HOUSE CAT

AS A HOUSE CAT!!!

:jonnycat:

I can't get this outta my head :rip:

1 minute ago, hector.adriel said:

It depends on what your definition is, but it is a pop album with catchy hooks. 

Just now, hector.adriel said:

OLCSUN + Peace & Quiet are the two "bops" on this album.

The Drama & Something To Believe In are also rather upbeat, the rest are slower songs.

You have to give Kesha respect for coming back with something different that’s not expected of her. I love when artist take risk unfortunately this album just isn’t for me. 

Totally understand why others love it but this direction is boring. I have never been this bored to tears with a Kesha record. 

This is the most disappointing release this year (so far) from all the main pop girls that release so far. I’m still in shock her label let her release this.

Edited by Power love
  • Thumbs Down 1

The amount of commentary I've seen that's like "I respect it... I get it... I understand it... BUT" 

Like LISTEN to the content and engage with it. Let it sit with you. This isn't immediate. 

*insert Nicki "You're not gonna get the song the first time you hear it. After the second and third time, you're gonna be like, 'Whoa, what is this?'. It sounds nothing... nothing like anything that's out right now..." video*

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Living in my head is her best ballad ever I’m afraid 

• Like 1