• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

I liked how intimate yet professional the whole project sounded. Living In My Head & Hate Me Harder kinda got me. :gaycat6: Eat The Acid, The Drama + Happy are probably my faves tho hihi. 

Edited by PopKills

My copy should arrive today, but I'm previewing on Apple Music...

Wow, the opener. She's not playing. Amazing how she debuted with stuff like TikTok and Your Love is My Drug and now we're here.

The Rolling Stone review gave it a "Hear This" sticker!

nW3EuQC.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alaska. said:

I can't at them giving High Road an 8/10 and Rainbow a 6/10 :deadbanana2:

Yes and a 60 from NME :skull:

Counts towards MC (change compared to High Road):

• The Independent: 100 (+20)
  • Rolling Stone: 80 (=)
  • Pitchfork: 71 (+12)
  • Clash: 70 (-10)
  • Slant: 70 (=)
  • NME: 60 (=)
  • musicOMH: 60 (-20)

Some totally undeserved scores, but we've already surpassed Rainbow's peak score (91) and haven't hit Rainbow's lowest score (50) yet.

1 hour ago, Witchpop said:

Also the fact that this doesn't have a banner is criminal...

Plot twist  :soda:

Just now, TomTom2288 said:

Plot twist  :soda:

Phew! I was getting worried over here :bibliahh: 

• Like 1

I LOVE THIS. It took till my third listen but wow. I love the person she is now, it’s a really eloquent response considering there’s not much she’s able to say. Perhaps the biggest growth of any of the pop girls. These reviews are something else though. 

5 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Some totally undeserved scores, but we've already surpassed Rainbow's peak score (91) and haven't hit Rainbow's lowest score (50) yet.

The reviews overall are far from being terrible, but it's interesting how music enjoyers seem to be digging the album more than the critics :dies:

There are still reviews left to be published though, so I'm optimistic.

5 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

The reviews overall are far from being terrible, but it's interesting how music enjoyers seem to be digging the album more than the critics :dies:

There are still reviews left to be published though, so I'm optimistic.

I assume the outlets of the reviews with the 60/70 scores are perhaps a bit more pop/mainstream-leaning.

Edited by TomTom2288

Ok so I honestly don't like this. Great too people who do but the production kinda gives me a headache

Only Love Can Save Us Now is good though

Edited by Insanity

The album is not something that I feel is mean to be played on repeat in that sense. Because it is heavy, it is sometimes uncomfortable, it is fragile, it is quirky, it is her, but still innovative. Creativily it feels like Rainbow was the album she opened her own box of pandora of hurt and sorrow while still licking her wounds. This album feels like she takes us on a ride with all those topics/feelings that she reached the surface on with her last two albums.Some of the lyrics really hit close to home if you experienced any kind of trauma or heavy situation. I doubt she gets the full recognition she deserves for this record, and I am sure some will drag it because it is weird and less accessible than a lot of straight forward pop music. But this is a monumental album in her professional and personal life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-esper said:

The album is not something that I feel is mean to be played on repeat in that sense. Because it is heavy, it is sometimes uncomfortable, it is fragile, it is quirky, it is her, but still innovative. Creativily it feels like Rainbow was the album she opened her own box of pandora of hurt and sorrow while still licking her wounds. This album feels like she takes us on a ride with all those topics/feelings that she reached the surface on with her last two albums.Some of the lyrics really hit close to home if you experienced any kind of trauma or heavy situation. I doubt she gets the full recognition she deserves for this record, and I am sure some will drag it because it is weird and less accessible than a lot of straight forward pop music. But this is a monumental album in her professional and personal life.

I’ve had on repeat since it’s come out

• Like 1

Just now, CroNich said:

I’ve had on repeat since it’s come out

I didn't meant it in a bad way, but I know you are a fan. I feel for most casual listeners, it may be something to come back to. But to have to sink in after the first listen, if that makes sense. I always liked Kesha but never was a stan. So i listened it yesterday, had to let it sink in. And came back to it today.

45 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

AllMusic's review is also out. 3/5 starts (60/100). Lower than HR and Rainbow...

Edited by thatsmydemi

2 minutes ago, J-esper said:

I didn't meant it in a bad way, but I know you are a fan. I feel for most casual listeners, it may be something to come back to. But to have to sink in after the first listen, if that makes sense. I always liked Kesha but never was a stan. So i listened it yesterday, had to let it sink in. And came back to it today.

That’s fair and I agree with your sentiments but a fair few of the songs were instant for me. But as you said I’m a stan I know her story and her perspective more than a casual listener. I do feel like this album has a lot of mainstream appeal given that the weird artistic albums sometimes blow up. 

Just now, CroNich said:

That’s fair and I agree with your sentiments but a fair few of the songs were instant for me. But as you said I’m a stan I know her story and her perspective more than a casual listener. I do feel like this album has a lot of mainstream appeal given that the weird artistic albums sometimes blow up. 

I hope so, she deserves

3 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

AllMusic's review is also out. 3/5 starts (60/100). Lower than HR and Rainbow...

Yeah, outrageous.

American Songwriter is out too and sounds extremely positive, but no score yet (counts for MC though).

11 minutes ago, J-esper said:

:clap3:

We finally got a banner :clap3:

I’m about to play the album from start to finish.

I really love Peace & Quiet and Hate Me Harder. Love how she uses autotune, but still showcases her voice. Perfect blend of old Kesha and new. Still soaking in the rest of the album, but so far it’s way better than High Road.

I’m really overwhelmingly shocked to see all the bad opinions on this when it’s clearly one of the best albums of the year…