Kesha - 'Gag Order'

josesuxx

Revisiting High Road during a walk in the sun. It´s way better than I remember :heart:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

• ATRL Moderator

Currently on my first listen, up to The Drama. Not vibing with this album at all sadly. 

Too Far Gone kinda the best song of all time when you think about it 

2 hours ago, Sweetestsecret said:

No,I won't stop talking.. this album is bad.and even without the nostalgia of the old 'pop kesha sound',this album is still unlistenable..I don't know what she was thinking with this album... maybe she wants to end the contract with the label as soon as possible and she doesn't care about the era..the mixing is bad,the vocals are bad..no promotion,no official music videos... I feel bad cause she could have a new big career, a bright future after rainbow but the music keeps declining in quality,and unfortunately no one cares about her anymore 

Just go outside and touch some grass.

9 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

Currently on my first listen, up to The Drama. Not vibing with this album at all sadly. 

You should give it a banner anyway :cm:

Very confident now that this is her best album :clap3:

• Like 4

most of these songs sound like they're building up to something big and then they just abruptly end :rip:

that being said she's shown more artistic growth than most of her peers over the last couple of years and that's commendable :bird: 

pretty good, huge glow up from high road but still not on the same level as her first four projects

20 hours ago, TMP said:

This is PO-WER-FUL !! :jonny3:

What a brilliant and wonderful artist she is now ! She's been through a lot but she uses it to create a masterpiece. I think I love everything single second of this new album ! OMG, I can't wait to have the vinyl of it ! 

My review 

https://the-melting-pop.blogspot.com/2023/05/critique-kesha-en-electron-libre-sur.html

EDIT ! 

Listening to it since yesterday and still a masterpiece but am I the only to hear "White Mercedes" by Charli XCX on "All i need is You" ? 

After the first listen this has left the best first impression of all her albums on me. High Road was inconsistent and I prefer the overall sound of Gag Order to Rainbow. Eat The Acid remains my favourite for now, definetly a career highlight.

Normally I'm not a huge fan of lo-fi production, but it just fits here. The mastering is great, listen to Kinky if you want to hear an example of bad mixing and mastering. 

The constant references to therapy concepts in the second half reminded me of Kendrick's last album, I wonder if that was an influence.

Edited by The Next Day

19 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Very confident now that this is her best album :clap3:

You called it. There’s not a bad song on the album. 

New interview with NME!

- she is considering moving to London

- she confirms she will tour for this album post-trial:

Kesha plans to tour, too, after being unable to take her last record ‘High Road’ due to COVID. “I have some **** to take care of this summer, then I’ll probably be touring at the end of the year,” she teases.

https://www.nme.com/features/music-interviews/kesha-gag-order-rick-rubin-tik-tok-3445064

New article:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/05/29/why-the-new-kesha-doesnt-miss-the-old-kesha

• Like 1

I'm gonna need a couple more listens for it to "click", but what I'm hearing is excellent.

Something to believe in, ETA, All I need is you, The drama are the highlights so far 

It's... not for me. 

Loving this Rainbow follow-up.

Peace and Quiet is THAT song for me. So good 

This is her best album imo :jonny: the production, the lyrics, how beautiful her voice sounds.

The Drama is a masterpiece, please give us a video queen :jonny:

• Like 1

AnimalKesha.jpg

Kesha_-_Rainbow_(Official_Album_Cover).p

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQGkfoP3H1gQC1phLh-eb

name a more iconic trilogy 

• Like 1

Edited by bearman

Some people just won't get it I guess. I feel like a lot of people came here for brainless electro dance pop when they should know Kesha has never really been that girl.

On first listen I really liked the experimental and cohesive vibe this gave off. Intrigued!

• Like 1

Also the fact that this doesn't have a banner is criminal...

Ok - this album is amazing.  She managed to pivot creatively but maintain her authenticity.  All the experimental risks paid off and this may sound weird but it kind of gives me Melodrama vibes in just how perfect it is and the flow of the tracks.

• Like 3