• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• CroNich

• SmittenCake

• josesuxx

How is she going to ever top this record? :jonny5:

This is so well produced and hauntingly beautiful, I almost teared up on All I Need Is You lol

I couldn't hear the album when it dropped at midnight but I'm so excited to listen to this at night. I'm sure it will sound even better.

4 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

But this versatility and individual charisma for each song was the whole theme of the album (Rainbow) itself and not simply an artistic choice. The breadth of the record reflects the rainbow it is supposed to showcase.

The whole premise of this album is different because it’s genesis is not breadth, but depth. It reveals the unvarnished truth of Kesha‘s state of mind in a way none of her previous albums did, so this degree of cohesiveness and recurring themes/emotions is a feature of the album itself (and not a bug).

That doesn’t necessarily have to be everyone’s personal preference, but it makes perfect sense in the context of the album.

Amazing analysis sis :clap3:

52 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

okay time for my review after my first listen:

Hide contents

wow. ok holy sh*t wow. so first of all, whenever I listen to a new album I typically like to heart the songs that stand out the most on first listen. however, sometimes, on a rare album where I feel there’s nothing that stands way higher than everything surrounding it, I heart nothing. those albums, in my eyes, are f*cking skip-free. and Kesha just gave us one of those albums. goddamn. where do I even start? Something to Believe In and Happy are perfect bookends, couldn’t have asked for better ones! Eat the Acid is obviously an all-timer for me, it’s just avant-pop at its finest. Living in My Head, though slightly out of place, is a lowkey stunner and a song I NEED to cover like asap. Only Love Can Save Us Now and Peace & Quiet are obviously strobe light party pop jewels, but there’s some bangerness to The Drama as well that makes it a charmer. And the ballads. Holy f*ck are they marvelous or what! This album is nowhere near as dark & stormy as I was expecting it to be. Not quite as minor key. The melodic dissonance rattles me to my core when I read those incredibly potent lyrics. I believe this will indeed rival Rainbow as her magnum opus. There’s so much to dissect, to digest, so I just hit play again. One thing’s for sure: I  love Kesha so f*cking much and I’m so proud to be an Animal right now!!

The way I feel the same way :jonny: I really hope she tours for this one cause I was gonna see her on the High Road Tour 

• Like 1

Lemme listen :jonny:

Cohesive, clean and pristine vocals+production.

Raw, honest, vulnerable, and she SANG.

Kesha WON! :clap3:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sweetestsecret said:

Yeah she peaked with Rainbow.both commercially and quality 

Wrong on both accounts. Gag order is her quality peak and animal was her commercial peak. 

• Like 2

She needs to perform the album start to finish on her next tour

• Like 1

Its so boring my god , couldnt even finish it :deadbanana2:

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Gag order is her quality peak

When will atrl stop calling pop girls’ most recent album their best? Zzz another boring take. 

• Thumbs Down 3

9 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Wrong on both accounts. Gag order is her quality peak and animal was her commercial peak. 

This is a bad album and rainbow was her commercial peak compared to high road and now this..rainbow opened at number one on billboard with 119k sales,it had a multi-platinum hit single who peaked at top 10 on pop radio..

Edited by Sweetestsecret
  • Thumbs Down 1

Played it thru now. I'm not really impressed, I kinda expected something more haunting & striking. Maybe it'll grow on me. Loved Too Far Gone & the autotuned one

8 minutes ago, Sweetestsecret said:

This is a bad album and rainbow was her commercial peak compared to high road and now this..rainbow opened at number one on billboard with 119k sales,it had a multi-platinum hit single who peaked at top 10 on pop radio..

girl shut up

OT: Anyways! Listening now :jamming:

13 minutes ago, industry baby said:

When will atrl stop calling pop girls’ most recent album their best? Zzz another boring take. 

It's not just ATRL though. If you look at music review websites Gag Order is Kesha's best reviewed album so far by users and critics are giving the album similar (or sometimes even higher) scores to Rainbow.

Edited by Alaska.

to me as someone who never listened to kesha album before, this album was mostly boring, first 2-3 songs sounded the same  and fine line is recitation like she in school and reading her poem out loud. but i stayed till the end and i liked too far gone and hate me harder. happy was also beautiful.

A visualizer for hate me harder is coming out tomorrow. I don’t know why. 

Still waiting for that OLCSUN mv

15 minutes ago, Bussea said:

girl shut up

OT: Anyways! Listening now :jamming:

No,I won't stop talking.. this album is bad.and even without the nostalgia of the old 'pop kesha sound',this album is still unlistenable..I don't know what she was thinking with this album... maybe she wants to end the contract with the label as soon as possible and she doesn't care about the era..the mixing is bad,the vocals are bad..no promotion,no official music videos... I feel bad cause she could have a new big career, a bright future after rainbow but the music keeps declining in quality,and unfortunately no one cares about her anymore 

Edited by Sweetestsecret
  • Thumbs Down 5

3 minutes ago, Sweetestsecret said:

No,I won't stop talking.. this album is bad.and even without the nostalgia of the old 'pop kesha sound',this album is still unlistenable..I don't know what she was thinking with this album... maybe she wants to end the contract with the label as soon as possible and she doesn't care about the era..the mixing is bad,the vocals are bad..no promotion,no official music videos... I feel bad cause she could have a new big career, a bright future after rainbow but the music keeps declining in quality,and unfortunately no one cares anymore about her.

i ain’t reading all that.

shut up, eat your breakfast 

Edited by Bussea
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ~Start The Music said:

The way I feel the same way :jonny: I really hope she tours for this one cause I was gonna see her on the High Road Tour 

yesss omg

I saw her on the Rainbow tour and then Kesha Live 2021 which was great too, but I can tell she’s more passionate about the Gag Order songs than she was about High Road

5 minutes ago, Bussea said:

i ain’t reading all that.

shut up, eat your breakfast 

Υou can't read the truth cause you can't handle the truth.bye

Anyways, i’m on All I Need Is You and this album is so good so far :jonny: She snapped 

5 minutes ago, Sweetestsecret said:

No,I won't stop talking.. this album is bad.and even without the nostalgia of the old 'pop kesha sound',this album is still unlistenable..I don't know what she was thinking with this album... maybe she wants to end the contract with the label as soon as possible and she doesn't care about the era..the mixing is bad,the vocals are bad..no promotion,no official music videos... I feel bad cause she could have a new big career, a bright future after rainbow but the music keeps declining in quality,and unfortunately no one cares anymore about her.

We get it you don’t like it clearly you taste is … different. Move on. 

OT: The body of work is a piece of art. So many raw emotions, different sounds and her harmonies and vocal show off is beautiful. I’m so proud of her.

Legit one of her best live performances. I'm already picturing Kesha performing The Drama on tour :gaycat7:

Oh the drama of it all

spacer.png